At Sovran we make a promise to our clients. We believe their experience should be second to none when dealing with our solution. We also believe our employees should have the same experience. The people within Sovran make our vision, mission and values come alive. We work hard and we play even harder. Come join the Sovran family and be a part of the Sovran Solution.
Primary Objective of this Position:
Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all client end users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by step solutions in a call center environment. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Train and mentor support staff troubleshoot network printer problems. Pass more complex end-user problems on to System Administrators. Conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting. Log time in ticketing system and perform related work as required.
- Responds in-person to customer requests for troubleshooting, or fixing hardware, software, printers or other PC related problems.
- Determines parts, tools or other resources to complete the service call in a timely manner resulting in excellent customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 3 years work experience in a help desk role or an Associate’s degree with 2 years of help desk work experience.
- Support experience in IT services with an emphasis on Managed Services is preferred.
- Deliver client technical support over the phone in a call center environment.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems.
- Make the distinction between Level One and Level Two end-user problems.
- Identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems.
- Support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information.
- Master new computer technology.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Must have worked on Server 2003 and/or 2008 environments.
- A good understanding and experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Exchange and Backup applications.
- Some virtualization background in either VMware or Citrix environments.
- Experience troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNS, routers and switches.
Established in 1987, Sovran has grown to be the technology solutions provider of choice among a growing number of small-to-medium size businesses throughout the Upper Midwest. Sovran was named one of the top 25 women-owned businesses by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal in 2010. Our strong reputation attracts talented professionals who enjoy working in a progressive environment that also supports a healthy work-life balance. Our team continually works to achieve the highest certification levels for leading-edge performance. Sovran is recognized by its vendor partners as a top-level technology provider to business customers throughout its service area.
Sovran is a solutions provider that is equally committed to both customer care and technology. Since 1987, Sovran has been providing...