The Senior Project Manager is responsible for developing and qualifying a vendor base, managing project management staff, effectively managing internal projects as well as development projects.
Must possess the ability to:
- Act as a liaison between sales, IT, customer service, engineering, manufacturing, and quality control.
- Institute and manage quality control process on all manufacturing items.
- Prepare required customer reports such as but not limited to: Quality Control by Fixture & Project Status Reports. Review client inventory reports for accuracy.
- Work directly with client and architect(s) on new projects including value engineering, client presentation, prototype development and pricing.
- Review and evaluate program requirements to develop cost estimates that reflect the most cost effective methods of production to achieve client desired delivery, aesthetic, and functional requirements. Responsibilities include reviewing project specifications with appropriate personnel as required.
- Manage project costs in accordance with the final estimate, and continuously seek opportunities to improve job profitability throughout the production and developmental processes.
- Monitor all aspects of each project to assure project delivery through on-going vendor and internal resource management. Responsibilities include maintaining regular contact with suppliers and various departmental personnel to verify production schedules to insure program delivery dates.
- Develop and implement appropriate corrective actions to keep projects on schedule when agreed upon production requirements are not being maintained by assigned vendors and / or internal resources, without increasing costs whenever possible.
- Identify cost and delivery deviations as they occur, communicating all changes to Sales and Management through the timely issuance of internal “Change Orders” and other appropriate communication tools such as face to face discussions, voice mail messages and e-mail notifications.
- Issue purchase orders to outside vendors, and internal work orders to appropriate internal managers, on a timely basis. Responsibilities include the issuing of paperwork with clear direction / specifications.
- Document and communicate all critical production information to outside vendors through follow-up correspondence on a timely basis.
- Perform on-site visits at various outside sources to check the quality and status of production.
- Regularly communicate with sales and management job status and requirements.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis.
- Candidate must be personable, focused, influential, well organized, and results oriented.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required; Engineering preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years of varied operations experience in a related environment, including hands on experience and knowledge of wood, metal and acrylic manufacturing as well as some field work installation.
- Extensive experience in managing workflow through manufacturing for timeline and product quality improvements.
- Extensive experience working directly with clients-strong communication with technical presentations.
- Knowledge of general contracting
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project Management software
- Proven experience negotiating contracts and experience in cost analysis
- Knowledge of standard business methods
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment
- Excellent organizational management and decision-making skills
- Flexibility to operate within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build successful partnerships internal and external to the business
Sparks is a leading global provider of event marketing experiences and custom retail fixtures programs.
For over 90 years, we have delivered successful brand-based solutions that connect client with customer, increase brand awareness and loyalty, and drive sales. Sparks prides itself on its global presence and utilizes 8 locations to serve 200 corporations in 59 countries worldwide.
Core competencies include the strategy, creative, production, project management, marketing and measurement of exhibits, events and meetings, custom retail fixtures, vendor shops, point of purchase displays, and all related project services. We do all of this turnkey and it is our expertise in these areas that has driven us to a top spot as a global partner for many of the world's leading brands.
Our corporate headquarters are in Philadelphia. Other locations include Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Detroit, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Beijing and Shanghai.
To learn more about our company and to view our open positions please visit www.sparksonline.com/careers.
We offer competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including dental, vision & 401(k). Pleasant work environment - business casual dress code.
Indeed - 19 months ago
SPARKS is a leading provider of workforce staffing solutions. Located throughout the DC/Baltimore Metropolitan region, we founded our first...