Retail Client Services – Business Analyst
Since 1995, SPINS has provided the only source of quantifiable information on Natural Product Industry sales across retail channels, and on the consumer and market dynamics underlying the industry's rapid growth. SPINS' comprehensive offerings include retail measurement services for the natural and conventional retail channels, consumer information and consulting services for this important sector. All of our services leverage our comprehensive Product Library, including product hierarchies, segmentation and attributes for over 900,000 UPC-coded items.
SPINS mission is to maximize the value of information for growing the Natural Products Industry. We carry out our mission by providing information, insight and a common language for the industry with which to understand and analyze consumer, retail and broad marketplace dynamics.
SPINS is currently seeking a Retail Client Services – Business Analyst in our Schaumburg, IL office.
Provide valuable insight/support to SPINS retailers and retail partners in their relationship with SPINS and their strategic business initiatives. This position will provide first line support for both current SPINS retailers and retailers in the onboarding process. The person must have a collaborative spirit and the ability to work with cross-functional team resources to address internal/external needs. This position has significant growth potential to move into other opportunities across the SPINS organization.
1) Work directly with retailers joining SPINS as their primary point of contact for onboarding – including coordination of data file submissions, any quality assurance activities, training and other needed support functions. Will require close interaction with SPINS IT and Retail Recruiting teams.
2) Act as primary support to our retail partners in addressing their needs in areas of SPINS education/training and improvements, questions regarding our tools, reports and services, and other inquiries as needed to build strong retailer satisfaction and loyalty.
3) Work cross functionally and in close coordination with SPINS IT team, Retail and other Business Development functions and other SPINS teams in responding to and resolving all SPINS retailer helpdesk ticket assignments.
4) Maintain strong internal and external relationships by responding to inquiries; resolving problems; fulfilling requests; conduct training, and other responsibilities as required for building strong retailer satisfaction.
- Maintain high quality service levels for retailer Help Desk tickets which result in retailer satisfaction. Engage and administer the SPINS Help Desk process in utilizing Help Desk application and managing the client (internal/external) issues or request by either directly addressing the need or determining and working with the resource within SPINS that can efficiently and successfully deliver a conclusion to the request. Coordinates closure with retail partner as well as Help Desk ticket status.
- Responds to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's understanding of information and answer.
- Ability to engage retailers with business questions in SPINS data usage through connecting an understanding of their retail business issues with available SPINS services.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; escalating unresolved problems; following up to ensure resolution.
- Serve as primary point of contact for retailers joining SPINS. Call retailers to coordinate data file submissions and work closely with IT navigating questions/issues from the retailer. Effectively explain benefits of SPINS and its retail partnership with individuals at retailers to convey importance for retailer of timely and accurate data submission.
- Coordinate database set up and testing for new retailers with IT team
- Administer independent retail needs by managing contacts, database setups, on time reporting and general support questions.
- Maintains effective records of retail client communications and support for Help Desk and onboarding functions and also other retailer and partner support and internal retail team work in order to have effective records and process documentation.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with respective retail partners by providing objective, fact-based, business insight and support in the development of category business plans and routine category management activities
- Facilitate and monitor specific activities within the retailer that could include but are not limited to:
o Acting as key point person for on site retail team in developing toolbox for retailer support for wider use in natural and specialty industry; recognizing opportunities within retail to build additional support and lead development efforts within SPINS
o Work within SPINS internal and external partners as appropriate to build a strong network of industry support and insights
o Provide retail support with routine and custom category analytics and provide fact-based recommendations.
o Identify additional selling opportunities within retail to include other SPINS products/services including development opportunity for new SPINS services.
Customer Focus, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Effective Listening, Outstanding Phone Skills, Effective in Handling and Resolving Conflict, Market and Product Knowledge, Analyzing Information, Data Entry Skills, Organization, Verbal Communication, Managing Processes, Building Relationships, People Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Multi-tasking
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Grocery/Retail experience is preferred although not required. Natural and/or Specialty Gourmet products industry experience and knowledge a plus.
- Advanced user level in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively with a wide range of users.
- Understanding of retail measurement services, fact measures and applications.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with a wide range of user sophistication.
- Ability to work independently, while being proactive within established goals.
- Specialty & Natural products industry experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply analytical tools.
- Ability to build strong relationships, effectively present information, and respond to questions within all levels of an organization – both internal and external