Objective: Seeking a Lead Software Architect who will be responsible for the technical design, architecture, and development of internal and external web based software applications. The candidate will provide leadership, direction, and coordination to development resources in support of project and company objectives. Be responsible for technical analysis, design, development, testing, and system implementation activities. This position works with a cross-functional development team to develop, test and deliver web-based applications. This position provides an opportunity to work as a top-level, hands-on developer providing technical leadership within a team environment. This position has two direct reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Other major responsibilities will also include interacting with project managers and members of the web, marketing and IT teams in order to improve NMMA’s online messages. The candidate must have a high level of interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all NMMA departments and handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Create professional-caliber documentation (reports, technical requirements, design specifications, data diagrams, etc.).
- Communicate project vision and plan to management and team members.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan for fulfilling the clients' requirements including detailed Levels of Effort (LOEs), work breakdown structure, baselines, and timeline.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical staff throughout the development cycle to ensure quality of end product, providing specialized technical knowledge to web development and enhancement projects.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on technical solutions.
- Effectively delegate tasks to team members.
- Manage scope, process, timelines, and change requests.
- Have a 'take-charge' attitude and be able to take initiative and ownership
- Provide leadership and mentorship and maintain a positive 'can-do' attitude to all team members.
- Creative and highly motivated individual with the ability to implement complex technical concepts and work well in a team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, verbal communication, application usability and inter-personal skills are required.
- Experience with C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL and T-SQL is required, along with strong knowledge of CSS and Java script.ASP.NET MVC is a plus.
- Familiarity with web development software products such as Visual Studio.NET 2008/2010 is required.
- Familiarity with source control systems (MS SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server, or SourceGear Vault) is required.
- General understanding of IIS configuration is a plus.
- Knowledge of design patterns and ORM is a plus.
- Consult with clients and assist in development of project strategy, project plans, and solution architecture
- Credentials/Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, E-Commerce or related major.
- Overtime may be required
- Office environment
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Indeed - 2 years ago