The Trainer will be responsible for starting the initial process of Sprint Orientation with all new hires/existing personnel, begin an assessment of what the candidate needs in regards to Operator Qualification-Performance Evaluations in the field or in yard and according to the training matrix. The Trainer will proctor for OQ testing, complete, submit and monitor training needs, schedule training for any employee, ensure all OQ training is proactively complete for all clients, file training documentation through various systems. This position will maintain training files in accordance to NCCER, ISNetworld and other consortiums used by company/clients. The position requires travel as needed to new sites and SPS office locations. Other duties requested by management.
- Start the initial process of Sprint Orientation with all new Hires/Existing Personnel
- Begin an assessment of what the candidate needs in regards to OQ (Performance Evaluations in the field or in yard)
- Assessment to be Proctor/Coordinator for OQ Testing
- Refer and suggest Performance Evaluations
- Schedule Specific Training for personnel
- They will assess the candidate to see what training they need vs. what they have and report to Management of what training they will need to comply with and schedule them accordingly.
- They will be responsible to submit all OQ Performance Evaluations from the Safety Department
- Communicate with Training Manager to update the training database
- Follow-Ups with Specific training needs such as DOW, Explorer, etc.
- Print Sprint Training Cards with the training certification
- Do onsite training assessment in Forklift, OSHA 10 Hours, CPR/FA, Man-Lift, and Overhead Crane Certification and assist with Excavation Certification
- File all respective training documentation for OQ and Performance Evaluations
- Uploads training documentation into various systems as directed
- Other responsibilities that may interact with other departments
- Completion of High School or other technical school
- NCCER Instructor, Veriforce instructor certified, CPR instructor and OSHA trainer a PLUS
- Familiar with NCCER, ISNetworld and Veriforce and audits
- Good communication and presentation skills a must
- Ability to use word, power point, outlook and the internet at an intermediate level or above
Minimal Job Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication with the ability to handle training questions from customer and management. A proven ability to build rapport and generate results cross-functionally.
- Ability to work with team members, under pressure, and achieve deadlines and results consistently.
- A STRONG Safety Background
- Ability to compose letters, memos, PowerPoint presentations as directed. This position will require a self-starter that can meet deadline dates.
- Ability to travel to site and work Saturdays conduct training classes as needed.
- Ability to effectively speak in front of crowds