SRA International Employee Reviews

Beware of Mergers
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2016
Regardless of how it's spun, regardless of what it's called, the company that has the least amount of cash in the game is the first one wiped out.
Pros
Flexibile work schedule and telecommute
Cons
Too many surprise changes with not alot of reaction time
Great Job
Assist consumers (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The hours are amazing because management fit them around your schedule. The EAC site are neatly kept and work comfortable. As any other office setting, your co-workers are about the same. However, management will make it as comfortable as possible for everyone. Equipment is well kept and always accessible. When conducting outreach, you are required to use your personal transportation. However, there is mileage reimbursement. Overall SRA is an positive 9 out of 10. Lunch is 30 minutes but you do have two 15 minutes breaks as well. Only problem is dress code. The polo shirts could be a better quality. Bandages can be better quality. Other than that the company is amazing. You do have a gap in work, hopefully this year they can get a year around contract with CMS. Houston North Location always have a great center. The site supervisor is caring, hardworking, and very attentive. She goes over and beyond for her staff. If you do your work, then you can always come back to SRA for a second term or contract.
Exceptional Company and staff.
Configuration Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent company, super staff and managers, great benefits, and supportive management. They provide education training, mentoring, and job security. They are worldwide and make career moves easier than most.
Great benefits
Strategic Planner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2016
SRA provides excellent benefits, including more than 20 health plans from which to choose, and in many markets, $100/mth toward commuting.
Great work/life balance, but not so great management
Lead In-Person Assister (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Hours at the center are from 9:30a-6p, Monday through Saturday, except Tuesdays which closes at 8p. Great people to work with, but clients would often take out frustrations on employees and management is very menacing. You cannot bring up an issue about management without almost instant retaliation. Somewhat difficult to maintain 40 hrs per week.
Pros
Pay, work/life balance
Cons
30min lunch, management, no real advancement opportunities
Erratic Management
In-Person Assister (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2015
Site ran without a Supervisor for months. Different guest supervisors from out of town each week. Fragmented training. Incomprehensible and inconsistent scheduling and time reporting policies. Management spends time mostly on conference calls. Unclear and conflicting policies. No attendance policy. Chaos.
Pros
Hourly rate.
Cons
Drama.
Great Company
IT Transitions Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 8, 2015
Great company...I wish I was still there great folks to work with and at the time had a great culture. The only thing that was bad was the follow on work in my field. I hated to leave even though I spent a very longtime building my skillset up to par.
Cons
Systems Analyst supporting Department of Defense customer.
Sr. Systems Analyst/Sr. Member of Prof Staff (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILNovember 23, 2015
Supported Department of Defense customer implementing Department's Joint Training Program supporting worldwide training audiences. Moderate travel with work occasionally occurring during non-traditional working hours/days to support worldwide customers.
Was great place to work and grow career...perhaps it will be again
Enterprise Architect And Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 18, 2015
Worked at SRA for 17 years. "Lived" through the process of becoming a publicly traded company and then privatization, downsizing and reorganizing.

Original corporate motto was "Honesty, Integrity And Services" then it changed to "Honesty And Services." Worked with many of the original staff who were recognized experts in their fields but who now have left as culture changed.

The benefits were top of the average offerings before it returned to being a private company and corporation restructured.

Perhaps SRA will be a great place again to work, discover one's talent and or become a subject matter expert.
Works Great - Salary Average - Benefits Inferior
SENIOR CYBERSECURITY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 18, 2015
The work is fantastic and I'm learning everyday. The people are really good; friendly, helpful and always willing to answer questions. Shift work and having to work on holidays is not fun. These guys are very stingy with paid time off.
Experience
eDiscovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 16, 2015
I am on the eDiscovery team and no day is typical. There are busy days when the work flows in from attorney after attorney. The work with you on the deadlines so that hasn't been much of an issue for me. On slow days you can study, its great to be able to work from home when you are ill, depending on your manager and job of course.

I've learned in greater detail about how to properly collect, and store data. There isn't a "standard" training process, it's more of a shadowing technique and researching. I would consider the hardest part of the job as learning their process as there isn't much detail to reference. The most enjoyable part is the job itself. I learned a great deal by performing things independently and reaching out to various sources to get what I needed to perform my job.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexible schedule, plenty of place close for lunch, casual work environment, reasonable wage
Cons
cafe does't have much to choose from and the food isn't great
Great Place to Work
health communications specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
SRA is a great place to work with great work life balance. I would recommend anyone to apply, if you are looking to grow professionally.
Pros
Lot of employee perks
Enduring Values.Inspired Performance.
Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my 10-year experience at SRA International. Along with my expertise as Executive Assistant, I became the "to go to" person amongst my colleagues. Training was readily available and I tried to take advantage of everything applicable to my position. Management was great to work for and always recognized my productiveness. Co-workers were very much team-oriented. The hardest part of the job was hearing about the present merge with CSC. The most enjoyable part of the job was acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Healthcare bvecame more limited every year
Document Control Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 6, 2015
It is a very fun environment, the people are nice. The company treat their employees well. The bonuse are good.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
I enjoy working for SRA
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2015
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is partially performed (60%) in normal, pleasant office environment. A portion of work time (40%) will be spent performing in-field outreach and enrollment assistance activities. Duties will require travel throughout the Health
organization’s service area.
Pros
The training was perfect.
Cons
Going to different events.
SRA is an excellent company
Senior Director, Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2015
SRA provides good training, solid back office support, and a good work life balance. Overall rating for SRA is excellent.
Recent Work (Former Employee) –  Fair Lakes,October 21, 2015
Good place to work. In some projects their contracting margins leave very little room for promotions and pay increases. With the merger with SAIC it is unknown what the future holds for its employees.
Pros
Allow Telecommute
Cons
Long commute to customer sites
Great place were you can advance between various positions
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 15, 2015
I was able to telecommute therefore my work days varied. I enjoyed working in various departments with in SRA as well as within the NIH. I was able to partake of multiple positions and learn about the project management lifecycle as well as apply the lifecycle to ramp up and close out projects.
The most challenging part of the job was being able to ensure that we pleased the client as well as completed the internal responsibilities. At times these two aspects of the job may overlap or even conflict.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was to be able to participate in the various exhibits to promote the program. It was not only enjoyable but very informative.
Pros
flexiblity, diversity
Cons
Contracted work so we had to submit proposals to continue
Fun, productive and family oriented company
Technical Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 7, 2015
Worked for SRA for more than 9 years and never regret having to work for this company. It allows you to grow and advance your career with a family work atmosphere rather than a stressful work environment.
Pros
Management, Educational and Training growth, Employees Benefits
SRA Review
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2015
I was contracted to a federal government agency. The company has flexible scheduling and supportive management. They also offer an extensive learning library to keep their employees fresh on their skills.