SRA International Employee Reviews

Loved my job, but very little contact with the company
Senior Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 20, 2017
I loved my job at IACORA. However, I can't really review SRA except to say that they are pretty much the same as any big company. Raises are few and far between. Very little attempt to get to know me as a person. But I loved my role at Army HQ and I loved my government boss.
Pros
The people I worked with daily
Cons
No contact from the company
about sra
Senior Accountant, A/R (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2017
Learnt a lot in various fields
401k match
less fun
good salaries
good benefits
Flex time
health insurance
flex spending
vision and dental benefits at low cost
Great Company!
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Amazing company,

Willing to work with you on just about any issue. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Very military oriented so very structured which is a really good thing.
Office Setting, Along with Field Work
Health Insurance Marketplace Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 9, 2016
A typical day at SRA International would be coming into the work office and seeing the numerous amounts of people waiting to be helped with health insurance needs, whether it may be a simple question or actually being signed up for health care coverage, Within our facility,
Pros
Plenty of downtime
Cons
Distance in commute
Excellent company. Good work environment. Good advancement opportunities
Team lead for web development (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 17, 2016
Excellent company. Good work environment. Good advancement opportunities.

They supported their employees well. Got at least a cost of living raise each year.

Good benefits.

They really tried to find work for employees who lost contract coverage. They would continue to pay them for a short time and provided them with a contact to help search job opportunities in the company.
Pros
Excellent company. Good work environment. Good advancement opportunities
Cons
They did cut benifits while I worked for them but I think many companies were cutting benifits
Downhill since Merger
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 27, 2016
We recently merged with CSC Gov about a year ago and the company has drastically reduced benefits as well as pay across the board. Annual reviews/raises have not been given for over a year and morale has appeared to have reduced due to this
Good workplace
Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 21, 2016
SRA is a good workplace environment. Management lacks experience in certain areas and compensation and pay is minimal compared to others in the industry.
micro management nightmare
consultant (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILOctober 18, 2016
safb location. SRA appointed a strange micromanager who thinks she knows everything and rude to the point you couldnt work in peace, nobody likes her. They are now CSRA and always have the same jobs open because nobddy wants to work with this micromanager.
Pros
all others were nice and tried to work together
Cons
your skills and voice will never count if you land on that contract
Decent place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 13, 2016
Suitable for a job but not career wise. No room for growth. Difficult to move on to new projects. Internal hiring system needs improvement. Overall, company employee relations declined after it was acquired by CSC.
Pros
Telework friendly
Cons
No room for growth
Family oriented company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILOctober 10, 2016
I loved going to work for SRA. Each morning I would greet everyone with a smile and a "Good Morning" every day. Hoping to put a smile going into their day. All of my co-workers were wonderful, we were a team. We worked and laughed together. The hardest part of my job was letting go of teams do to the loss of a contract. I learned a lot while working for SRA, they had wonder employees to mentor other employees, even management did the mentoring. Everyone was family. I did learn that the better a company treats its employees the better the employee will be for the company.
Pros
Management and co-workers
Cons
Worst company to work for
Former member (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VASeptember 6, 2016
There is no room for growth. No bonuses, salary increase, employee recognition. HR wants you to work like a slave and not be compensated. Only concern for them is to make the company look good so they can win contracts.
supportive team
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 6, 2016
very friendly environment, supportive management, busy at work, very helpful team, very lucky to be in that team, challenging work.
The are a by the numbers company now
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJune 30, 2016
Pros

Great coworkers. Great IT support.

Cons

Hard work, a great track record, and many years of service don't mean a thing. Management is spread so thin they barely have time to do their own job, much less worry about helping you stay employed within the company. While my supervisor swore he'd done everything he could to help find me a position within the company, it was somebody else who alerted me to a position I was qualified for. CSRA might talk a good gameā€¦ Show More

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees solely as a means to profit. In eight years of working with CSRA, I never met my supervisor or anyone else in management. Why talk about the "CSRA FAMILY" when you don't even care enough to meet the employees? Or at least be honest. I was no more than a name and a number.
Depends on your role
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2016
SRA is a different experience for everyone depending on their role in the organization. Difficult for those of us tech focused.
Project Summary
SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYSIS (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 3, 2016
The Directors Document Records Management system was a project that supported over 400 customers and application users. My responsibility was to support, train, troubleshoot, enhance, issues tracking, requirements tracking, testing, documenting and enhance. I loved serving our customers.
Pros
Excellent learning potential and training
Cons
My project was not very diversified.
Productive, supportive place to work
Senior C4ISR Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 28, 2016
Last position in company was providing direct onsite SETA support to Air Force Acquisition. Company was very helpful when previous contracts I worked on were not renewed. They looked to keep my subject matter expertise by placing me on new contract opportunities.
This was an awesome job and corporation, with wonderful staff and managment!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2016
This corporation provided top of the line training which launched us into our daily routine of collecting data from participants that were involved in the gulf oil spill. I enjoyed every part of this process. We collected blood samples, performed a spirometry, obtained other samples, and a comprehensive medical history was obtained also.
In-person assister
Certified Marketplace In-Person Assister (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 4, 2016
My main focus was to help individuals to understand and choose the right health care plan through the marketplace which is known as Obama Care
Linwood New Jersey office, not a good place to work.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJMarch 20, 2016
Not a very nice place to work. Very low employee morale. Terrible managers who are hands-off who routinely undermine and degrade their employees to the customer. As a result employees have a very negative attitude. Zero opportunities for advancement.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Managers in the Linwood New Jersey office
A great company that understood their tag line, "Honesty and Service"
Sr. Graphic Desginer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 8, 2016
Until they were bought out by a larger company they were an amazing company with amazing employees. They knew how to get the job done and in the most efficient way and upper management was always supportive and willing to listen to as well as take on new ideas and concepts to make things better.

Fortune 500 company for many years running.
Pros
Top of the charts for compensation, benefits, work life balance.
Cons
Bought by larger company and restrcuting everything from the ground up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRA International. Our community is ready to answer.