SRA International Employee Reviews

Gradually declined
DISA CCRI Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 8, 2017
Started out great with supportive bosses, gradually declined as merger and move to team occurred. Now people on contract have to car pool as no parking exists for contractors.
Demeaning workplace environment and unqualified middle-manager/bean-counter.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2017
Management treated workers as second-class citizens, or worse.
Nature of work was such that it could have been very enjoyable and very rewarding from an accomplishment perspective, were it not for caustic atmosphere maintained by middle-manager/bean counter.
Pros
Cons
Massive job dis-satisfaction.
Health Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 21, 2017
Workplace culture was great. Managers were great to work for. Team environment. Most enjoyable part of the day was my team I worked with. Management was great to work with.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
N/a
Scientific Research Application
DBA/TSQL Developer, Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJNovember 7, 2017
Deals mostly with governmental contracts in the IT/Engineering fields. Works mostly with federal agencies around Washington, DC. Not so great compensation and benefits.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Poor compensation
Good place to work.
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2017
Was a contracted employee. A lot of time and effort was put into employee training. It was clear the management cared greatly about their employees' life/work balance.
No room for advancement
Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2017
Company doesn't care about he employee just the contract. They like to make promises that there is no intention to keep. They stole all PTO for employee during the government shut down.
Cons
Robbed of PTO under paid.
Proiductive workplace
Sr. Business Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Great Software Development Team. Very knowledgeable staff, great management, Good Workload, Work from home options, Good Learning environment, good work culture.
Working with various Departments
Senior Corporate Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work was to review all healthcare opportunities within the Federal market. Making corporate decisions regarding multi-million dollar contracts to pursue. The workplace culture was stressful at times when deciding which major contracts to pursue and which corporate teaming partners to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. The staff was always fun to work with and to socialize with after working hours.
Pros
The staff is very bright and fun to work with
Cons
Proposals can be stresful
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work, was given plenty of responsibility and was compensated fairly. Supervisors were great and allowed Project Managers the flexibility to manage their projects, resources and their people.
Pros
Great opportunities to advance
Cons
Top Leadership changed three times in a 5 year period
SRA a great place to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 21, 2017
SRA was a great place to work. Management worked closely with employees and allowed for an open exchange of ideas, concerns and promoted innovation and independent thinking.
Pros
Nice offices, liberal telecommute policies, quality computer hardware
Good Career Step Out Of School
Information Assurance Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 19, 2017
I worked at SRA International before the merger. It was a family oriented company with roughly 5000 people at the time. This was one of the best places to work in the DC metro. I currently work at a much larger consulting company and while I have a lot of respect for what my current company has allowed me to do, SRA was the company that never felt like "work". Great staff, very little egos, great cross-matrixing between teams on projects. Advancement was a bit tougher at the time but I worked two projects in almost three years. Awesome recreational activities, pay was (at the time commensurate and they really bumped me up by year two. They would even give you 5k for getting your CISSP at the time. Clearances were automatic and my management in the information assurance division was phenomenal. Hardest part of the job was moving to another project. Turned down by a SOC position at FAA where the work was probably basic and perhaps they were spinning wheels interviewing people. I heard all of this changed after leaving in 2009 when the last CEO gutted the company after trying to grow it from 1 billion to 5 billion in 5 years (during a recession of all times). Culture was phenomenal at that time but I also heard this has all changed. No clue with the CSRA merger
Pros
Great First Gig and Culture
Cons
Hard to move across projects
SRA had a coordinated work team
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day involved reviewing the error logs with the DBA and learning what was involved in the day to day activities.
I learned the DBA role had many different facets to it and it was very interesting to me.
The workplace culture was good and the environment was productive.
The hardest part was trying to learn all the DBA activities that were not familiar to me but were still challenging.
The most enjoyable part was getting to watch pilots/planes practice for air shows,
Pros
Able to leave for lunch
Company good, management sucked
Desktop Support / PC Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 31, 2017
Management was all about politics and favorites.
SRA itself was a decent company for benefits but they had no control over its managers in the field.
Excellent Workplace Culture
IT Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 21, 2017
I worked for SRA over 30 years. One of the reasons I stayted with the company so long is because of all the opportunities afforded to me to advance in the Information Technology field.

They provided excellent benefits and the corporate culture was outstanding as the corporate motto at the time I worked there was Honesty and Service.

My experience at the company on the many projects I worked and the various managers demonstrated the the company culture was indeed exhibited by both executive, program, and project management.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
N/a
relaxed job environment
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2017
Worked an 8 hour day analyzing data for the CDC. I learned further clerical and records management skills. The environment was relaxed . The job was very customer service based. i loved everyday of it.
Pros
appreciationI
Cons
short breaks
Personable employees with ample work opportunities
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2017
SRA is a highly competitive company that seeks qualified personnel. Management positions are strongly vetted and assistance is readily available. The workplace environment varies from location to location. However, the constant is great employee attitudes.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Sp (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Team work was a plus. The ability to talk to superiors was accessible which made coming to work a great place. Your ideas and suggestion were highly valued.
Pros
Having managers who cared.
comfortable environment
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 15, 2017
overall great company. spent 5 years with them with no disappointments. Provided plenty of training opportunities for growth. Allowed for internal movement for growth.
How I considered my position
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 7, 2017
I really enjoyed my job. I had the opportunity to meet people on all levels of law enforcement and I also travelled instructing these law enforcement officers how to use various software.
I was a little disappointed when I left my position, but I understand the corporate world.
I would recommend SRA as a good place for employment, maybe not just were I was. There are many other job opportunities within the company.
Pros
Employees and given the opportunty to learn
Cons
It's a Government Contractual job.
great place to work very diverse population of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good pay and management was supportive of staff. Its great place to work very diverse population of staff and clients. enjoyed working there.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
part time job.