SRA International Employee Reviews in United States

Enduring Values.Inspired Performance.
Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed my 10-year experience at SRA International. Along with my expertise as Executive Assistant, I became the "to go to" person amongst my colleagues. Training was readily available and I tried to take advantage of everything applicable to my position. Management was great to work for and always recognized my productiveness. Co-workers were very much team-oriented. The hardest part of the job was hearing about the present merge with CSC. The most enjoyable part of the job was acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Healthcare bvecame more limited every year
Document Control Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 6, 2015
It is a very fun environment, the people are nice. The company treat their employees well. The bonuse are good.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
I enjoy working for SRA
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2015
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is partially performed (60%) in normal, pleasant office environment. A portion of work time (40%) will be spent performing in-field outreach and enrollment assistance activities. Duties will require travel throughout the Health
organization’s service area.
Pros
The training was perfect.
Cons
Going to different events.
SRA is an excellent company
Senior Director, Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2015
SRA provides good training, solid back office support, and a good work life balance. Overall rating for SRA is excellent.
Recent Work (Former Employee) –  Fair Lakes,October 21, 2015
Good place to work. In some projects their contracting margins leave very little room for promotions and pay increases. With the merger with SAIC it is unknown what the future holds for its employees.
Pros
Allow Telecommute
Cons
Long commute to customer sites
Great place were you can advance between various positions
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 15, 2015
I was able to telecommute therefore my work days varied. I enjoyed working in various departments with in SRA as well as within the NIH. I was able to partake of multiple positions and learn about the project management lifecycle as well as apply the lifecycle to ramp up and close out projects.
The most challenging part of the job was being able to ensure that we pleased the client as well as completed the internal responsibilities. At times these two aspects of the job may overlap or even conflict.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was to be able to participate in the various exhibits to promote the program. It was not only enjoyable but very informative.
Pros
flexiblity, diversity
Cons
Contracted work so we had to submit proposals to continue
Fun, productive and family oriented company
Technical Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 7, 2015
Worked for SRA for more than 9 years and never regret having to work for this company. It allows you to grow and advance your career with a family work atmosphere rather than a stressful work environment.
Pros
Management, Educational and Training growth, Employees Benefits
SRA Review
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2015
I was contracted to a federal government agency. The company has flexible scheduling and supportive management. They also offer an extensive learning library to keep their employees fresh on their skills.
Over all i enjoyed working at SRA
COO Communications Branch Web Team NGA (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2015
Working for SRA at the government sites was very challenging do to the nature of the work i was doing anti terrorism, crisis management at joint Staff. I was able to learn a lot fro the company, coworkers and the agency i work for.
Pros
great job lots of work
Cons
high stress
Terrible management, low morale, no assistance from upper management,
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2015
Numerous times the National Director stated how much she hated having the Cincinnati market. The Office Manager had no management experience.
Pros
Great comradery
Cons
No job security
Challenging place to work
Buyer, Procurement (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2015
SRA has good and bad as does every employer. Would have liked to have had better leadership support and planning and less last minute emergency work. People are generally good to work with.
A good place to work
Project Configuration Management Official (PCMO) (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 19, 2015
I already submitted a review for SRA a minute ago. Not sure why I am having to enter this a second time. Not sure what more I can say that I did not already say.
SRA is a well run company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2015
My work at SRA was done primarily at the client's site.

The company made great efforts to keep in touch, and their HR Department was very responsive.

They focused on keeping people involved in increasing their skills and delivering for the client.
Great past culture
VP - Air Force, Pentagon Agencies Programs (Former Employee) –  fairfax, vaAugust 5, 2015
SRA included the value that the "Best idea wins". That culture attracted me to the company. Future employees need to assess if they believe that that culture is active and relevant to their views.
Great people who are intelligent, work together and great personalities
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes managing schedules, booking conference rooms, coordination of travel for Director and staff. Other duties include, liaison to senior staff and my office director, handling external and internal communications requests.

Co-workers share the same work ethic and passion for excellence, so we work well together. Hardest part of my job is the commute to work (smiles!). I love my work, but do not enjoy the geographical elements of the Washington, DC area. This has motivated my relocation to sunny Orlando, FL. I love it there and welcome the opportunity to shine with Cox Communications.

I like multi-tasking and have become an expert at it. I love the feelings of knowing that a day's work has been well spent and that I accomplished all of my daily goals and deliverables (usually prior to my hard deadlines). Overall, I wish to continue my work as an executive professional, but in a different location.

I thank you in advance for the opportunity and look forward to meeting with you.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Little room for professional advancement
Limited Perspective on SRA
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandJuly 22, 2015
SRA seems like a good medium sized company but I have only been acquired from a different company during a contract rollover. My experience has been tainted by a manager that does not have clearly articulated goals or expectations. The corporate culture seems pretty good and the onsite training was great. I think that if I was in a different environment within SRA, I would feel better but where I am now just seems like a pit that is getting deeper and deeper. I may change my review if I move to a different position/contract but for now I will say that SRA is no worse than any other larger government contractor.
Pros
Internal training, Lots of health care options
Cons
Program management seems spread too thin
Great Work Environment
Assistant System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake,VAJuly 20, 2015
Great company, treated everybody with respect, work environment was relaxed. I learned alot about MSC ships and their network. Co-workers were great to be around.
Pros
Time Off, Pay, Benefits
Family friendly workplace
Lead Technical Requirements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 17, 2015
Initially, SRA offered a lot of benefits that were family friendly, including child care at subsidized rates up to 15 days a year for each child so an employee can continue to work if, for example, your regular sitter is sick. Unfortunately this benefit was removed some years ago, but SRA continues to have other good benefits and a work culture that accepts employees who prioritize their families. It is still a great company to work for - teleworking is offered/encouraged for many positions, depending on the relationship with the client(s).
I'd rate:
- job placement within the company when a contract ends at about 2 out of 10 right now. SRA is working on this to ensure their staff have actual careers with them, but until they figure it out, you're pretty much left out in the cold when a contract ends.
-work life balance at 10 out of 10. This is truly the reason I'd prefer to stay at SRA. But contracts end, and the slim chance of getting something at SRA forces employees to look elsewhere.
- getting promotions/bonuses at about 1 out of 10. I dislike canned speeches from upper management basically saying no with no true reason for why an employee shouldn't get the salary/bonus they deserve. It shouldn't be a fight for exemplary (as rated by SRA themselves) employees to get paid their worth.
Pros
market place options for healthcare, health reward incentives, corporate events for employees (and families sometimes)
Cons
no clear career paths, bait and switch benefits that seem to be dropping off yearly, salary raises for top performers are mediocre
Excellent organization to work for
Logistic Analyst & Materiel Expediter (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KyJuly 14, 2015
SRA International is an environmentally safe organization with a top-down approach to leadership and team building. Employees are treated with respect and are encourage to contribute ideas to increase productivity.
Pros
Communication, leadership
Cons
No enough holidays off
Historically good company challenged by current conditions
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 11, 2015
Company is challenged like many in the industry by the increased competition for contracts. The company has cut benefits such as capping leave at 4 weeks when it used to be 5. Not popular with longer-term employees.

They are also struggling to provide health insurance and other benefits as costs keep rising. This is hitting employees in the wallet. For example SRA kept it's health insurance contribution for 2015 at the same amount as 2014. The result was higher costs for employees.

Work environment and culture varies by project rather than being the same across the company.
Pros
??
Cons
Benefits and employee support and benefits are deteriorating