SRA International

SRA International Employee Reviews

Flexible and loyal company to work for that really cares for its employees
Software Developer (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 17, 2015
During my 17 years with SRA, they consistently worked hard to provide a good working environment for their employees to thrive in. They also worked hard to retain their talent, even though the contract world sometimes makes this difficult.
SRA aspires to be one of the best companies in the world, by any measure
Senior PM (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work balance
Cons: job security
SRA delivers innovative IT solutions and professional services to its federal customers. They are inspired by the toughest missions and operational challenges of the U.S. government and help to ensure the health, well-being and security of our nation.
Great Place to work
Systems Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: short lunch
Great learning experience fun people to work with excellent management the best part of my day was learning something new everyday
Loved THis JOB
Asset/Change Management & Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Fair Lakes, Va.March 15, 2015
Great place to work. I would recommend this company to any of my associates. Managers go to bat for you often. Training is essential to success and SRA is geared towards your success.
Instructing job
Signals Intelligence Instructor (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: worked with military
Cons: management
Management did not support the instructors. They would throw you under the bus. Very quick to terminate employees, they would not get a chance to present their side of the situation, the employees were denied the basic right to due process.
SRA International is a good company to work for.
SENIOR MULTIMEDIA SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 27, 2015
SRA International is a good company to work for. The quality of employees at SRA International is outstanding and is its greatest asset.
Good people, bad company
Management Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.February 26, 2015
Pros: allows teleworking with client approval
Cons: benefit cuts, does not care about employees
It's all in other reviews already - the massive benefit cuts over the past few years, the ridiculous stock buy-out that saddled the company with a billion dollar debt (stock sold at $31/share when it had never traded above the low-20s before talk of buy-outs), and the lack of any program, or should we call it a PATHWAY, to advance within the company. I went from grunt to team lead, then we lost the recompete, back to grunt on a half dozen projects until we lost enough of those that I had trouble filling my timecard, to a large project's PMO, back to grunt. The internal guidance I received was "if you want to better your position, get an offer from outside and make SRA compete."
Production based enviroment
Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Overall good place to work. The biggest let down is the salary and promotion scale. Little to no increase when changing positions and annual raise.
SRA
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits and room for growth
SRA was a great company to work for. They were always willing to assist in my growth in the company. Further their benefit package is unmatched. I heard that another company has taken over. I hope they were able to continue the same values begun by SRA.
SRA
Criminal Investigatigator (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 16, 2015
SRA is good company with potential for growth in the government contracting world. Struggles with employee turnover but overall is a good company.
productive and fun
In-Person Assister (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Work one-on-one with consumers, education about the Affordable Care Act and education about the Affordable Care Act. I had wonderful co worker, I had enjoyable time
Honesty and Service
Deputy Operations Support Services (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: comparable benefits
SRA's enduring values of Honesty and Service have continued to distinguish the company from all others.These values guided me every day, as well as all other employees in how they acted - acting with integrity in everything they did, delivering quality work and customer satisfaction.
No room for advancement
Service Desk Manager/Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: decent compensation.
Cons: benefits are way too expensive. no room for advancement.
I was hired as a deputy program manager, and while I did the lions share of my bosses job for nearly a year without a single complaint, when he left I wasnt provided the opportunity to move into his role. Instead the company decided to bring in an employee that had worked on several other failed contracts to fill the role. When he arrived he didn't bother to talk to anyone, or meet the client. They have literally thrown away this business. There's no way that we will win this contract on when it comes time to recompete it.
Team good, regional leaders selfish and unmotivating.
SENIOR ANALYST (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great team members to work with
Cons: poor and indifferent leadership at the top
Enjoyed working with the team at SRA. The senior leadership however, left something to be desired. They were out for themselves and didn't have the interest of the teams on the various contract at heart. The preferred to hire low expectation IT associates who would jump to higher paying jobs every 2-3 years versus the dedicated, loyal and high performing team members that served them well but had lower margins.
Senior Management Doesn't Care about the Company and The People
Cyber Security (Current Employee), VAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: bad management
SRA used to be a great company that actually cared about what the employees thought and made efforts to attract and retain the talents. Ever since the ownership change, that culture went down the drain. They treat you like a disposable and sugar coat meaningless cost cutting measures like you were a five year old.
Come to SRA for a job, not a career
Consultant (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: paycheck comes twice a month
Cons: nothing exceptional about the company
SRA is like every other federal contracting company, except that it doesn't pay that well, you aren't groomed for advancement, and its name does not carry a large amount of recognition or respect from the federal workforce. You will be placed on a project and forgotten until your contract comes up for recompete - if you don't win your recompete you will have two weeks to find something in the company you'd like to do or else you will be on your own.

Benefits for the company are fine, not the best, not the worst.

My biggest issue with the company is that there is almost no way to advance internally if you are a billable employee. You are essentially a seat filler and no matter what the corporate platitudes preach about dedication to employees, you will feel like you are on an island fending for yourself.
Fun place
test lead (Current Employee), FAirlakedJanuary 30, 2015
SRA is a good place to work at, very career oriented and helps you grow with them. SRA has good contracts and is upcoming rapidly
Many changes over the years
Director, Program Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Undergoing a lot of changes with the acquisition by an equity company.
Not what it used to be.
Master Irregular Warfare Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VA and AfghanistanJanuary 25, 2015
The company was acquired by a private equity group in 2011 and has been going downhill since then. There have been many changes for to non-cash compensation to benefit the company and hurt the employee: 401K Match is now lower and only received by employees who are still with the company at year end; Paid Time Off accrual limits have been reduced to 1 year's worth of hours - any hours earned above the cap are lost - many lost thousands of dollars worth of PTO when the change was implemented with less than a month's notice.
my review
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 23, 2015
A very good company to work for. Work and life balance is great and a good team to work for.

SRA International Salaries