SRA International

SRA International Employer Reviews

Fun place
test lead (Current Employee), FAirlakedJanuary 30, 2015
SRA is a good place to work at, very career oriented and helps you grow with them. SRA has good contracts and is upcoming rapidly
Many changes over the years
Director, Program Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Undergoing a lot of changes with the acquisition by an equity company.
Not what it used to be.
Master Irregular Warfare Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VA and AfghanistanJanuary 25, 2015
The company was acquired by a private equity group in 2011 and has been going downhill since then. There have been many changes for to non-cash compensation to benefit the company and hurt the employee: 401K Match is now lower and only received by employees who are still with the company at year end; Paid Time Off accrual limits have been reduced to 1 year's worth of hours - any hours earned above the cap are lost - many lost thousands of dollars worth of PTO when the change was implemented with less than a month's notice.
my review
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 23, 2015
A very good company to work for. Work and life balance is great and a good team to work for.
Outstanding company
Instructor/Developer (Former Employee), Fort Eustis, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Highest respect for both customers and employees.
If an opportunity presents, I would go back to work for SRA
good and bad
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 12, 2015
smart colleagues.
bad management team, cold relationship.
Upgrade from Tivoli Service Desk to Peregrine ServiceCenter 5.1
Senior Systems Engineer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2015
the upgrade here was big because the USArmy processes were all medical training needs. We gathered requirements from the start because the Tiviol tool. The people were great and I learned how the us government functions.
Challenging work supporting national defense
Enterprise Data Architect (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, challenging work, good coworkers, close association with our customers
Cons: started becoming penny wise, pound foolish towards the end of my employment
I enjoyed working for SRA. My work was essential for the support and development of the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System, a premier intelligence gathering system. For seven years I developed system drawings of key systems and participated in planning future upgrades. For my last three years I gathered data on manpower and training requirements and developed Troux Collectors to ingest the data I gathered. I enjoyed working with the teams I was on; they were all highly professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I loved the sense of accomplishment as we saw the tools we were developing come together and get implemented by the Air Force. The tempo was often hard paced and difficult, but it was the sort of thing that I thrived on. For most of my time there I liked management; it was very person oriented, running on the philosophy of take care of the people and they will take care of the job. Unfortunately in my last few years with the company this philosophy started to change; hiring from without started to become preferential to hiring from within. This led to driving several good managers to seek other employment. At the time I left they were trying to shake up management so I hope this situation was resolved.
Not impressed after company's private acquisition by Providence
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 7, 2015
The difference in opinions based on people who work at HQ and those who are off-site contractors is like night and day. I have not been at all pleased with the benefits packages offered over the years or the company's unwillingness to assist in inter company job mobility.
SRA has strong leaders who were always willing to help employees. After working for other companies, I am able to say they were the best.
DPS Test Lead (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 26, 2014
Great company to work for. Strong family values, ethics and great benefits. I left because our contract had ended. I would go back to work for them if I had and offer.
Great learning atmosphere
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lacking in having the necessary online elements for accessiablity to needed government website.
The hardest part of this job was dealing and coping with consumers who were having and experiencing continuous and ongoing issues with logging onto the needed website to process the enrollment process.
productive and flexible place to work
Technical Requirement Analyst, Senior (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 7, 2014
Pros: good place with flexible schedule
Cons: no
Productive and flexible place to work, good benefits and compensation
Professional and energetic workplace where learning and growth is expected and adhered to.
Jr. IA Analyst - James Sullivan/Rob Haines (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility on project work; learning new challenges and succeeding in them.
Cons: prioritizing project work for more efficiency when each project merited equal dedication.
An exceptionally cultural and friendly workplace. Full of great learning opportunities and growth potential. A typical day at work consisted of reviewing Policy and Procedures for the IT policies and regulations of different agencies assigned to SRA for review and maintenance. This entailed possible re-creating policies that are more beneficial to the agency's dynamic or maintaining to the appropriate level policies currently in place.

Management was diverse but equal in teaching all that could be learned on a project. I am an entry level Analyst but was treated as a productive part of the project.

The hardest aspect of my job was to keep current with the IT industries policies in compliance with Federal regulations and NIST in order for each agency needs to be specifically met.

The most enjoyable part was the team work and involvement that existed with my co-workers. This provided ample opportunity for growth and skill enhancements.
Life at a bodyshop.....
Engineer (Current Employee), VADecember 4, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: too many
Can only speak for my management and customer.....clueless!
An enoyable place to work for
Application Specialist (Current Employee), Cliffside New JerseyDecember 4, 2014
Cons: 30 min lunch breaks
What i enjoy the most about the job is,
Every day i am able to help an individual apply for Health Insurance
and to some of them they never had health insurance in their life, so to me to be able to help them get health coverage through the affordable care act it is gratifying.
Honest and Ethical Employer
Project Manager (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaNovember 25, 2014
I have found SRA to be a great place to work, with good values and a good corporate culture. The management is open and communicates regularly, and they do their best to provide the information that leads them to certain corporate decisions.
Caring Mentors
Deputy Project Manager ICE (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 24, 2014
Plenty of people throughout the company looking to educate and promote from within
Low Work Morale
Criminal Investigative Specialist (Current Employee), Rosslyn VirginiaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers make for a memorable work environment
Cons: terrible communication between management and employees, micromanagement
The company SRA International isn't bad, the current contract I'm on has poor management qualities. Work morale is slow & I'm seeking employment that encourages growth alongside upward mobility. My co-workers make the environment worthwhile, however, I am ready for change.
Fun
Person Assister/Certified Navigator (Former Employee), IndianapolisNovember 13, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: hours
very fair organization. It oays well and actually listens to it employees concerns. It is is a great location. we work outside and that is one of the hardest parts of the job, because of the current weather
Nice company but lacking some extra benefits
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VANovember 6, 2014
Pros: diverse contracts and work/life balance
Cons: benefits and compensation
The company is nice to work for and they try to achieve a balance between work and life. They do lack some of the nicer benefits of other companies. They are very stingy when it comes to wages, but its a great place to get your career started.