SRA International Employee Reviews

Challenging place to work
Buyer, Procurement (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2015
SRA has good and bad as does every employer. Would have liked to have had better leadership support and planning and less last minute emergency work. People are generally good to work with.
Typical Government Contractor
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAApril 13, 2015
SRA is a company which at this time seems to be in a transitional phase in which a company that was once at the heights of the government contracting world has been forced to become a bit humbled over the past few years with the further rise in more smaller government contracting companies being awarded contracts that they would have typically won in the past. This has seemed to slow employee compensation with management's promise of later rewards.
Great past culture
VP - Air Force, Pentagon Agencies Programs (Former Employee) –  fairfax, vaAugust 5, 2015
SRA included the value that the "Best idea wins". That culture attracted me to the company. Future employees need to assess if they believe that that culture is active and relevant to their views.
Good work/life balance, undervalues employees, ever decreasing benefits
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 25, 2015
Being on client site 100% of the time, I hardly ever hear from HQ except to sign the time cards. This company is all about the bottom line, which has become more and more evident in the few years I've been here (cutting benefits; merit increases based on HQ-determined numbers, not your actual performance).

They have far too many mid-level managers at HQ that don't actually do...anything. Reward the people that represent the company.

Work/life balance is good, but that has to do with site management/client and not the actual company.
A good company to start
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2015
SRA pays reasonably well with benefits that could be better. Personal time off is limited to 6 days (both sick and vacation time) with 5-6 days of public holidays. The premiums for health insurance is insane. I pay more than $500/month for a shabby medical insurance plan that has a deductible of $8,000 (family)

The jobs are secure as long as the government contract lasts. There is a possibility of transferring to another team when the contract is up, but more likely you will be laid off.

It is a good place to start your career. Internal growth or promotion is not easy, at least for now
Pros
good pay
Cons
benefits and health insurance
Salary is competitive - Benefits week
Senior ERP PeopleSoft Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2015
The company reduced PTO and also switched Health Insurance options. While choices have increased (used to be only Cigna Med) employee contribution to the premium is higher overall and even most expensive PPO plan leaves a lot of gaps in coverage.
Pros
salary, part time telecommute
Cons
Healthcare, Management feedback/support
Great Company
Certified Navigator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
We were very busy trying to provide excellent customer service and assist consumer get enrolled into The Affordable Health.
For the most part it was a great group of people working hard to make a difference. The hardest part was not being to help everyone and that we only had a limited amount of time.
Pros
Having the opportunity to really make difference in peoples lives
Cons
That the position is only seasonal
A good place to work
Project Configuration Management Official (PCMO) (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 19, 2015
I already submitted a review for SRA a minute ago. Not sure why I am having to enter this a second time. Not sure what more I can say that I did not already say.
Disorganized, Unprofessional
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 9, 2015
Management only wants to hear the positive. The things that need improvement are off limits. Shipboard work is enjoyable, blue collar work if you are into pulling cable and the like.
Pros
Technical knowledge shared among employees
Cons
Arrogant Management
Great Work Environment
Assistant System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake,VAJuly 20, 2015
Great company, treated everybody with respect, work environment was relaxed. I learned alot about MSC ships and their network. Co-workers were great to be around.
Pros
Time Off, Pay, Benefits
Good people, bad company
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.February 26, 2015
It's all in other reviews already - the massive benefit cuts over the past few years, the ridiculous stock buy-out that saddled the company with a billion dollar debt (stock sold at $31/share when it had never traded above the low-20s before talk of buy-outs), and the lack of any program, or should we call it a PATHWAY, to advance within the company. I went from grunt to team lead, then we lost the recompete, back to grunt on a half dozen projects until we lost enough of those that I had trouble filling my timecard, to a large project's PMO, back to grunt. The internal guidance I received was "if you want to better your position, get an offer from outside and make SRA compete."
Pros
allows teleworking with client approval
Cons
benefit cuts, does not care about employees
Great place to work. Extremely knowledgeable staff and workers.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 3, 2015
SRA is one of the very top companies in the Northern Virginia area. Many opportunities are available for employees. Greatly enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the very best in the industry,
Pros
Great benefits.
No room for advancement
Service Desk Manager/Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2015
I was hired as a deputy program manager, and while I did the lions share of my bosses job for nearly a year without a single complaint, when he left I wasnt provided the opportunity to move into his role. Instead the company decided to bring in an employee that had worked on several other failed contracts to fill the role. When he arrived he didn't bother to talk to anyone, or meet the client. They have literally thrown away this business. There's no way that we will win this contract on when it comes time to recompete it.
Pros
decent compensation.
Cons
benefits are way too expensive. no room for advancement.
Team good, regional leaders selfish and unmotivating.
SENIOR ANALYST (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Enjoyed working with the team at SRA. The senior leadership however, left something to be desired. They were out for themselves and didn't have the interest of the teams on the various contract at heart. The preferred to hire low expectation IT associates who would jump to higher paying jobs every 2-3 years versus the dedicated, loyal and high performing team members that served them well but had lower margins.
Pros
great team members to work with
Cons
poor and indifferent leadership at the top
Not what it used to be.
Master Irregular Warfare Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA and AfghanistanJanuary 25, 2015
The company was acquired by a private equity group in 2011 and has been going downhill since then. There have been many changes for to non-cash compensation to benefit the company and hurt the employee: 401K Match is now lower and only received by employees who are still with the company at year end; Paid Time Off accrual limits have been reduced to 1 year's worth of hours - any hours earned above the cap are lost - many lost thousands of dollars worth of PTO when the change was implemented with less than a month's notice.
Senior Management Doesn't Care about the Company and The People
Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 7, 2015
SRA used to be a great company that actually cared about what the employees thought and made efforts to attract and retain the talents. Ever since the ownership change, that culture went down the drain. They treat you like a disposable and sugar coat meaningless cost cutting measures like you were a five year old.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad management
SRA aspires to be one of the best companies in the world, by any measure
Senior PM (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2015
SRA delivers innovative IT solutions and professional services to its federal customers. They are inspired by the toughest missions and operational challenges of the U.S. government and help to ensure the health, well-being and security of our nation.
Pros
work balance
Cons
job security
Great company to work for.
Information Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2015
SRA is a diverse company where employees are provided the opportunity to enhance their skill set by attending SRA U training courses.
Pros
Free coffee and tea provided at each facility. Great wellness program!
Flexible and loyal company to work for that really cares for its employees
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 17, 2015
During my 17 years with SRA, they consistently worked hard to provide a good working environment for their employees to thrive in. They also worked hard to retain their talent, even though the contract world sometimes makes this difficult.
Honesty and Service
Deputy Operations Support Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
SRA's enduring values of Honesty and Service have continued to distinguish the company from all others.These values guided me every day, as well as all other employees in how they acted - acting with integrity in everything they did, delivering quality work and customer satisfaction.
Pros
comparable benefits