SRA International

SRA International Employer Reviews

Good work culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Rockville MDMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: long hours
Good place to work and grow. Positive culture. Some time long hours.
Productive and peaceful work environment
Medical coder I/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: teleworking and occasional free lunches
Cons: contractual work
Great place to work, very well organized. Good pay and great benefits.
OK
Director of Infrastructure Applications (O&M) (Former Employee), Fair Lakes VAFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: management is money minded. lack of care for employees.
It is not the same SRA anymore. Management is only after money.

Another beltway bandit these days.
Was better before they went private
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 19, 2014
Now it is all about the bottom line. The days of "our employees are our greatest asset" are long gone.
Very professional
Senior Director (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: competent, caring leaders and colleagues
Cons: a little bit bureaucratic
SRA International is a very professional work environment.
Great place to consult and learn about public health
Senior Trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Wonderful opportunities to work on multiple projects in public health. Clients were engaging and flexible.
Very productive and flexible job and life balance
BI developer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2014
It is very educational, and charming place to work, diversified in culture and technology
Program Advisor
Program Advisor (Current Employee), Tampa FlJanuary 29, 2014
• Provided subject-matter knowledge, technical and/or execution assistance, and junior to mid-level consultation for a program to assist in achieving successful performance consistent with contractual agreements and company guidelines.
• Assisted in acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned programs through support to and analysis of on-going – more... execution, providing recommendations for improvement.
• Planed and organized program activities and analysis and performs professional and technical work related to program management.
• Planned, organized, completed, and presented assessments of program management concepts, analysis, studies.
• Evaluated project implications of existing and proposed program process and recommended improvements.
• Researches, analyzes, writes, edits, and proofreads technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications. Performs these functions for proposals, software development projects and energy/environmental projects.
• Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
• Activated applicants in the system, tracks data, helped develop and implement internal job fairs, and helped senior team members with the employee placement process.
• Performed in a specific area of administration/professional human resource functions such as recruitment, compensation, employee relations, training and development.
• Planned, organized, and managed projects (or series of smaller projects/task orders of a larger program) for successful performance consistent with contractual agreements.
• Supported deliverable tracking and management reporting. Acquires follow-on business associated with assigned projects and supports new business development by leading or assisting with proposals. – less
SRA International
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: time flexibiltiy
Cons: staff and management
I come in and sit and wait for customer to come in wanting to sign up for health insurance through The Health Insurance Marketplace. Once they do come in we go through the application process and once we finish I let them know what credit they get, if any, towards their health insurance monthly premium. I print out their results and any information – more... they request about their results and health plans and either enroll them into a health plan if they want or give them the instructions on how to enroll from home if they are undecided. The only thing I learned is the website where you apply for coverage and the rules and regulations about the Affordable Care Act. Most of my coworkers are great but the ones that act out unprofessionally are never reprimanded and sometime make it unpleasant in the office. The hardest part is putting the word out that we are hear available to sign people up. I enjoy when the entire office is on task and doing what we are supposed to do without the added drama about the different personalities in the office but it rarely lasts that way. – less
SRA
Lead and technical specialist (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2014
Great place to work. Great ethics and wonderful culture. Would definitely go back if another opportunity arises.
Great work place
Enrollment Specialist Navigator (Former Employee), Miami ,FlJanuary 8, 2014
Enrolling Clients to Health Insurances. Attend events all around Florida. Attend customers with questions and resolving any concern about Medicaid or Medicare. Worked in all Government offices to refer customers with information on Affordable Healthcare Act (Obama care).
Professional Work Place
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: nine
People at SRA are professional and fun to work with. I learned a lot about how to lead a job and come in on time. I enjoyed my short time with them.
Diverse workforce
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 31, 2013
Pros: diverse workforce, in-house training courses available
SRA is committed to workforce diversity. Their employees hail from different cultural backgrounds, educational levels, and career experience. Domestic partner benefits were available when I was an employee.
Fun and exciting place to work at, and we played ping pong during our breaks!
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee), Washington D.C.December 28, 2013
Pros: often, we would get free lunches and training
Cons: short breaks
I came in everyday at 6, and was ready to work. I greatly enjoyed what I did while working for them, and felt like I was making a difference in the cyber Community.
Management was always there for mentoring or lend an ear.
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2013
When I got sick my manager called the hospital and spoke to my wife several times to confort her. The company is very family and community oriented. When I lost my position SRA assigned me a person to assist me to look company wide for another position. I highly recommend anyone to apply to SRA. They really care about their people.
Worst mistake I've made
Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 21, 2013
Pros: good health benefit
Cons: mico managers, unethical, controlling, poor treatment of staff
I have never dealt with managers who thought they can just treat employees like children in elementary school instead of professional adults. The fact that they are micro managers to the point where we're not given room to breathe is scary. Watch out for management because they will try to control your life.
Solid company history
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 18, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: company is moving toward being tranactional versus cutting edge and agile
I was drawn to SRA when I relocated to the area in 2008, and the company had a great message and their solutions offerings were outstanding and top notch. I was brought on to this company because of my extensive background in recruiting and the level of recruiting I have performed in the past. Co workers were great to include leadership and management.
Supportive company to work for
Principal (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 12, 2013
Pros: healthcare, flexible work schedule, training and advancement
I started at SRA International as a senior systems integration consultant and developer. I was promoted to principle and moved to a project management position in 2005 when the PM left the company. While I was at SRA I learned about ITIL, earned my PMP certification and my MBA degree.

The hardest part of the job was working at the customer site and – more... being far removed from the SRA culture.

The most enjoyable part of working for SRA was the positive impact my team and I made on the customer. – less
Software Test Engineer
System Engineer/Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), VirginiaDecember 5, 2013
I have been supporting few projects during my time with SRA as software test engineer.
Productive place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Durham, NCNovember 22, 2013
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working there. i started as a customer service representative and was promoted twice. There was opprotunity for advancement.