SRA International Employee Reviews

Disorganized, Unprofessional
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 9, 2015
Management only wants to hear the positive. The things that need improvement are off limits. Shipboard work is enjoyable, blue collar work if you are into pulling cable and the like.
Pros
Technical knowledge shared among employees
Cons
Arrogant Management
supportive of telework environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 6, 2014
SRA has allowed me to telework from home for over 3 years, with occasional travel based on project need. I am compensated well for my time and have smart, engaging colleagues. There are typical ebbs and flows of work much like any consulting job, with high expectations and the need for responsiveness.
Pros
telework supportive, fair compensation, high degree of autonomy, challenging work
Cons
fluxuation in projects can be stressful, corporate look and feel, solely focused on government clients
excellent
navigator specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2014
HealthCare.gov
• Provides functional area expertise in delivering customer support and eligibility and health insurance information.
• Provide comprehensive and unbiased in-person enrollment support to include:
• Assist the consumer in setting up a Federal Exchange System (FEPS) account with username and password.
• Assisting the consumer in submitting an eligibility review.
• Assisting the eligible consumer in selecting a qualified health plan utilizing comparative plan information.
• Provide comprehensive renewal application support on an annual basis. Provide customer support services in both a storefront and community location as needed
Low Work Morale
Criminal Investigative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn VirginiaNovember 17, 2014
The company SRA International isn't bad, the current contract I'm on has poor management qualities. Work morale is slow & I'm seeking employment that encourages growth alongside upward mobility. My co-workers make the environment worthwhile, however, I am ready for change.
Pros
co-workers make for a memorable work environment
Cons
terrible communication between management and employees, micromanagement
Great place to work. Extremely knowledgeable staff and workers.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 3, 2015
SRA is one of the very top companies in the Northern Virginia area. Many opportunities are available for employees. Greatly enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the very best in the industry,
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
SRA aspires to be one of the best companies in the world, by any measure
Senior PM (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2015
SRA delivers innovative IT solutions and professional services to its federal customers. They are inspired by the toughest missions and operational challenges of the U.S. government and help to ensure the health, well-being and security of our nation.
Pros
work balance
Cons
Job Security
Was good now Bad
Technical Lead, SDDC CCE (Former Employee) –  Scott AFBOctober 18, 2014
I worked for SRA at Scott AFB Illinois from Jan 2008 until Dec 2013. The first 3 years were great, had good benefits, the annual raIses were fair, the management let me do my job, the crazy manager factor was low. When SRA was bought by a venture capital company in 2010/11, things became about the bottom line, benefits tanked, pay raises stopped, management became a pain in everyone's daily life, salaries were cut, it became a very unhappy place to be. The management seems to think that the workers should just accept their penny counting to insure the company makes their $$ and they all get their bonuses at the expense of the people in the trenches. I would never recommend anything about the current SRA to anyone who was thinking about taking a job there
Pros
Cons
Most Everything
Productive and collaborative workplace
Financial Analyst / Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 9, 2014
SRA International fostered a work environment of collaboration among employees and dedication to the customer. The Finance team was always there to help. Interdepartmental collaboration was promoted. The most difficult part of the job was meeting customer demands. The enjoyable part was meeting the demands with the team work of fellow employees.
Honesty and Service
Deputy Operations Support Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
SRA's enduring values of Honesty and Service have continued to distinguish the company from all others.These values guided me every day, as well as all other employees in how they acted - acting with integrity in everything they did, delivering quality work and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Comparable benefits
An O.K. place to work
EKMS / Training Specialist / Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 15, 2014
It is an OK place to work. Very little room for advancement. A lot of busy work. It is my first job out of the military.
Work begins at 8am and ends at 5pm with an hour lunch. Co-workers are nice but one or two don't know boundaries, lack of respect. Hardest part is the busy work during the times when not on the podium. Enjoyable part is being behind the podium teaching the students the material and seeing their reaction when they understand it.
Pros
Free bagels occasionally
Cons
No room for advancement, poor management skills
SRA has changed
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 27, 2014
SRA used to claim that the company "hired for a career, not for a contract". That changed when the company was purchased by an investment firm, and the new dollar-driven management philosophy took hold. All that was good in the old SRA has been gutted by the new owners. The Cyber Practice, a core SRA capability, was disbanded in the name of cost cutting efficiencies. Highly trained, cleared cyber employees were released as contracts came to an end. The company has changed dramatically, with the sole focus being on the bottom line, no longer on the employees.
Pros
Salary, benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Dollar-driven management philosophy, Butts-n-Bodies contracting philosophy
A good place to work
Project Configuration Management Official (PCMO) (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 19, 2015
I already submitted a review for SRA a minute ago. Not sure why I am having to enter this a second time. Not sure what more I can say that I did not already say.
Horrible company
Senior Subcontract Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2014
All they care about is the bottom line. I had the boss from hell who had an office 10 yards from mine, and it was something out of a Dilbert comic strip. I met with my boss face to face about 2 hours total in a 2 year period. I was nothing but a body being used and abused, I worked insane hours, but on 50 lbs in 3 years and never took a vacation. My boss could not care less. I would tell my friends to run as far as they can from this company.
Pros
flexible work schedule but they work you to death
Cons
No advancement, no career path
Using you for money and contracts
Senior Operations Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2013
In order to win a contract, they convinced me to leave my job with false promises. No internal networking or collaboration. When contracted ended, I was laid off with little assistance or desire to help find me additional work. Body shop only looking for additional ways to make money...employees come second. Other members of my team were also laid off with no assistance, even with over 10 years at SRA. Do not recommend
Pros
Allowed/Encouraged to work from home to help lower company expenses
Cons
Body shop. Contract ends, you are laid off.
Smart people, flexible schedule, hard work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 12, 2013
I have a great deal of freedom to learn the skills I want to learn while at work. Occasionally I feel overworked and underpaid, but that is true for almost any employer. Benefits were cut and promotions are difficult if not impossible to find. My coworkers are very intelligent and it's great to work on a team with really smart people who can teach me something new every day.
Pros
Relatively flexible schedule
Cons
Cut benefits, difficult to get a promotion or raise
Solid company history
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 18, 2013
I was drawn to SRA when I relocated to the area in 2008, and the company had a great message and their solutions offerings were outstanding and top notch. I was brought on to this company because of my extensive background in recruiting and the level of recruiting I have performed in the past. Co workers were great to include leadership and management.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Company is moving toward being tranactional versus cutting edge and agile
Supportive company to work for
Principal (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2013
I started at SRA International as a senior systems integration consultant and developer. I was promoted to principle and moved to a project management position in 2005 when the PM left the company. While I was at SRA I learned about ITIL, earned my PMP certification and my MBA degree.

The hardest part of the job was working at the customer site and being far removed from the SRA culture.

The most enjoyable part of working for SRA was the positive impact my team and I made on the customer.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible work schedule, training and advancement
SRA is an amazing organization
Information Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILSeptember 17, 2014
If you are someone who loves your community and enjoys working relationships, you will love SRA! I worked for the people of SRA before I was an associate. Like any organization sometimes you have to move beyond the borders to be able to work to your full potential. Without a doubt I will maintain a great relationship with my SRA team and they will wish me well in my new endeavors.
Just another big company
Technical (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 17, 2012
Can only speak for one project but it was particularly bad there. Management was completely inept, disrespectful, intimidating, and in the near future will lead project to failure before upper management will take action though they've been fully apprised of the situation.

Philosophies of integrity and respect only exist in company literature.

That said, I emphasize I can only speak for one project. I know for a fact that there are some quality, hard working people of integrity still suffering under this management team's ineptitude and nepotism.
The Ultimate Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Originally, The Marasco Newton Group, my day(s) would start with a meeting with the senior VP that I worked for and going over his schedule, as well as having discussions as to actions that would benefit the company. I learned about organizing/scheduling and catering events. I learned so many things working under this senior VP, as well as the company. Both co-workers and the company was a family and the atmosphere was unlike any other working environment. Everything about the job was enjoyable, however, leaving was the hardest part.
Pros
camaraderie and flex-time.
Cons
leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRA International. Our community is ready to answer.