SRA Employee Reviews in United States

Great professional work enviornment, yet a pretty relaxed place. Stick to the work norms and you'll be fine.
Research Assistant/Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 8, 2016
For me this was an experience of a life time. Though the work I was doing isn't something I seen myself doing for a lifetime. I was a Research assistant working to transition into my own Research Scientist. Great pay and benefits. Bills were paid with plenty to save. Just didn't want to be a scientist. At the time it was beneficial for me while I was in school.
Pros
Competitive pay.
Cons
Questionable practices, hypocritical, unfair and out of touch with employees
Developer (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 11, 2016
Lousy non-focused shoot-from-the-hip projects, management out of touch and disinterested in their employees and their tasks, often rude or unprofessional.
Loved working with and helping consumers
Community Outreach Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
My day consisted of working with consumers either in the office or doing outreach, assisting consumers with enrolling in Health Plans or assisting with any questions they may have. We had a great management team as well as co-workers. The hardest part was when we didn't or couldn't enroll someone in a plan and the most enjoyable was seeing the joy and excitement when we did assist a consumer with enrolling them into a health plan for some it is the first time ever having Health Insurance.
Fun
Logistics Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Everyone gets along for the most part. Occasionally you have a couple people who have an argument or two. Through the nine almost ten years I've been here I've gotten along with almost everyone. We all joke with each other. Management is for the most part laid back and lets us do our jobs. If I have an issue I can go to my manager without worry of being judged.
Know your worth and you get what you deserve
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 18, 2015
Typical day in the office is fast paced and sometimes never ends, but that depends on what department you work in. Management is laid back but very supportive
Pros
Health Insurance Plan
Cons
Not much in advancement
Awesom
Reception/Transporation Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me working with a pretty big team to get a specific job done. I honestly can say i learned a lot from the Air Force and the experiences I have had there are going to help me move forward in life. The hardest part of my job was probably was getting the team to speak one work language. We had people from all over the world and it was difficult at first to understand each others mannerisms and such.
Work in an Agile Environment
Technical Writer/SharePoint Administration (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 15, 2015
Lots of working with stress. They did not follow their own procedures in processes they created. Work was done in an Agile Environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of Stress
Great Place
Help Desk Anlayst (Current Employee) –  Washington DCApril 7, 2015
Great place for growth with great leaders, great co-workers, great team building activities. I learned a lot while with SRA, this was my first job as a civillian post miliatary life, and they have worked with me to make the transition as smooth as possible,
A great place to work!
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
There was much opportunity for growth here, a very family oriented
environment. Advancement was definitely available here and hard
work is acknowledged and appreciated at this company.
Pros
Provided a great work environment
Cons
-----------------------------------
Great products and vision
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with them. They had a few really great products and a vision to grow. The only issue is they were not willing to change processes to grow.

Want to know more about SRA?

Ask a question
Not for me
.net developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 2, 2015
I worked off site as a contractor. The higher management didn't have anything to do with us, never responding to emails and only talked to us when it was review time.
I was left with empty promises from my review around job advancement and training on new technology.
Cons
managemnt was disconnected
Fun laid back
In-Person Assister (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2015
Love the people i worked with. Best part was helping people with there healthcare needs ,and have them remain satisfied.
My experience
HDI Certified Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MarylandFebruary 19, 2015
I am someone who prides myself in that if i do not have a resolution for a user i try to at least get them in the right direction. Some days i feel as if you are using a basket to fetch water.

I am very much immersed in multicultural for work and play. I enjoy meeting diverse minds regardless of position in society, and sharing varied interests.

I take no one for granted and i appreciate all those who i have meet and assisted. Every experience teaches you if you will learn and this i believe goes to both women and men alike
Great opportunity to learn and something different.
Security Specialist, Joint Task Force (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaFebruary 16, 2015
I am in charge of purchase requests and submitting trouble calls while learning installation and maintenance of cameras, alarms and security devices.

I am trying to learn as much as I can from my co-workers because in contracting people can leave at anytime.

My favorite part of the job is the opportunities I get on a daily basis to do and see things most people don't get to see.
All in all, it was a good 9 years
Sales Reps Assistant Software (Former Employee) –  Mariposa, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Loved my position.
I worked from a home office, I would love another position like this.
Involved some travel, it was great. Gave me an avenue to really get to know the new customers.
This is a very small company, and really has no benefits.
Pros
worked from home, set own hours
Cons
no healthcare
Great people to work with but the pay is low.
system administrator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 13, 2014
A typical workday I come to work and make sure all systems are up and updates are maintained. Run my Retina or ACAS scanning program to make sure we have no vulnerabilities and if they are some I work to mitigate them. This was the first time I held a system administration position and have learned a lot from our tech such as building a server, reimagining workstations and servers, and lotus notes. The people that I work with are great. If I need help they are always there to help me. Since I work at a backup site my boss tells me it is ok to learn and break things because that is the only way to learn to fix them.
Pros
great people, very flexible with time off
Cons
pay, benefits
productive
Student Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2014
I volunteered as a SRA in my dorm while attending San Jose Job Corps my job entitled that every night, me and two other SRA's had to ensure that the dorm was clean, so we delegated the other students, assigned them chores and made sure the chore assigned were complete.
Great Opportunities
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2014
SRA provides a platform for people to work in a field they find sincere interest and will allow an individual the opportunity to personally grow if they want to. Management is very understanding at the SRA buildings, though when working at the client site there is a different atmosphere where an SRA employee tend not to be able to take advantages of the same opportunity as the people who work onsite.
There is a home for everyone at SRA
NIH Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2014
SRA was a great company to work for they took over the contract from SAIC a couple years ago at the NIH. Workdays were seldom stressful, but from time to time we had to roll up our sleeves. Working for the Continuity Assurance Program at the NIH was rewarding, I got to do a lot of hands on work with the Email and Infrastructure Branch, Network Operations Center and Incident Response Teams while working with CAP. This position made you feel important because, the CAP team is the first line of contact during major IT outages at the NIH in Bethesda. I will forever carry on practices I learned in my time working at SRA throughout my professional career.
Pros
family oriented warm
Cons
work life balance
SRA is very avg
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2014
SRA provides some opportunities, but given the experience gap between the newest people coming in and those who are there, advancement is unlikely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRA. Our community is ready to answer.