(NOTE: APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA INDEED WILL NOT BE REVIEWED)
SRI International has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Subcontract Manager. The position to be filled is the Division Manager of Subcontracts supporting two of SRI’s operating divisions—the Biosciences Division and the Physical Sciences Division.
SRI’s Physical Sciences Division supports a wide variety of both government and commercial clients from fundamental research and pilot-scale testing to systems development and product commercialization. The various laboratories within Physical Sciences work to develop solutions in fields such as fracture dynamics, energy generation and storage, the characterization and manufacture of new materials, applied polymer coating, and other advanced technologies.
The Biosciences Division works with the National Institutes of Health and other government and commercial partners and clients on a broad range of projects, utilizing its expertise in disciplines that include medicinal chemistry, custom organic synthesis, pharmacological efficacy and safety, pharmacokinetics and metabolism studies, and others. SRI has several drugs on the market, several more in clinical trials, half a dozen in preclinical development, and has assisted in the development of more than 130 other products that made it to clinical trials or reached the market.
The individual who fills this role will provide subcontracts support to internal business units and leadership to team members on goals and objectives related to subcontract management and associated regulatory compliance.
He or she will serve as a focal point for communication with legal, finance and business teams on subcontract issues, and will assist in identification, development and implementation of new
Subcontract policies and processes.
The successful candidate will lead and manage a team of approximately five subcontracts professionals.
The subcontract administration function at SRI provides “cradle-to-grave” acquisition support from the proposal phase through subcontract award, administration, and closeout.
With respect to the divisions that he/she supports, the Division Manager of Subcontracts is responsible for all aspects of personnel management, from training and development to goal setting and performance management.
SRI’s Division Managers of Subcontracts are working managers who are expected to carry a reasonable individual contributor workload in addition to their management duties.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintain a standard subcontracting caseload and perform all of the duties of a Subcontracts Administrator (SCA), with the understanding that delegation of selected tasks to more junior personnel may be necessary both to promote efficiency and to ensure adequate bandwidth for higher-level tasks and for management duties.
- Provide proposal support to the subject operating divisions and supervise proposal support provided by direct reports. Regularly interact with division management to understand the future business landscape and ensure internal business clients are receiving excellent support.
- Maintain acquisition cycle times at acceptable levels as defined by program support needs and procurement operating procedures and goals. Focus on executing all subcontract actions in accordance with current procurement procedures and staying 'audit-ready'.
- Execute subcontract actions consistent with applicable performance metrics, project requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Train and supervise subcontract personnel including providing input for annual focal reviews, mentoring, and advising as needed.
- Review and approve subcontract actions to ensure consistency with SRI policies, procedures and applicable audit requirements.
- Ensure that staff execute and document procurement transactions in a manner that satisfies CPSR, Sub-Recipient Monitoring, A-133 and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support responses to audit requests, resolve findings and maintain current files for assigned procurements. Identify and report areas of business risk to SRI management.
Bachelors degree plus 7+ years business or related experience. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Must have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
Requires proven ability to effectively interface with subordinates, business unit management teams, senior project or product managers, inside legal counsel, and mid-to senior level corporate management.
Must have the ability to supervise and train Subcontract professionals and to identify and develop Subcontract skills.
Must be creative and innovative with the ability to think "out-of-the-box" in problem diagnosis and solution generation;
Must have strong to excellent analytical and communication skills as well as good presentation, leadership, negotiation and management skills
Must be knowledgeable with respect to subcontract regulations and compliance, including regulatory requirements under the FAR, DFAR, applicable OMB circulars and the UCC.
Must be well-organized and able effectively to prioritize workload using sound judgment.
Must possess strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills in interacting with all levels of personnel, both technical and administrative;
Additional desirable personal attributes include integrity, a respect for others, a strong work ethic, a high level of enthusiasm and energy, drive/initiative, strong results orientation, and the ability to demonstrate flexibility.
SRI employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
A drug screen will be required as part of the hiring process.
U.S. Citizenship required.
Ability to transfer/obtain/maintain a U.S. government security clearance required. See www.dss.mil/disco/indus_disco_process_applicant.html
MUST APPLY ONLINE: www.sri.com/careers
Job ID: 228BR
SRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer