The Buyer is a mid-level professional who will generate purchase orders for special and stock items in the most efficient manner through timing, combining stock and special orders and job orders to make pre-paid freight thresholds and achieve order requirement that yield extra discounts.
- Learn and possess current working knowledge of all assigned vendor lines.
- Purchase special and stock items at the right quantity, right cost, and tight timing
- Creation of new stock items
- Create, cut, process purchase orders
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure best cost possible to increase profitability
- Maintain accurate and current supplier and item information in AS400 system
- Audit invoices and addressing any issues in a timely fashion
- Assist in providing price lists and reports to sales personnel on equipment
- Supervise and manage workload the Jr. Buyer (if applicable).
- Advise sales personnel of out-of-stock items; estimate availability
- Requires frequent contacts with vendors/manufacturer representatives
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload
- Detail oriented
- Ability to type 50+ wpm
- 10-key proficient
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent math skills; firm grasp on basic accounting
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration-Operations, Supply Chain
- Must complete CFSP Test within first 3 years of employment
- Completion of or credits toward CPM certification
- Minimum 3 years buying experience or food service related experience.
- Demonstrated success managing a role with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success working across multiple computer platforms in a fast-pace environment
- Experience in buying foodservice equipment or similar goods for a service industry
- Some personnel management experience
- Experience using AS400 or similar “green screen” program utilizing function for navigation
TriMark is the country's largest provider of equipment, supplies and design services to the foodservice industry, and our success is...