SSP America - The Food Travel Experts
Candidates MUST have at least 1 year prior experience in a Kitchen Manager role to be considered for this opportuntiy.
We are the Food Travel Experts, delivering world class food and beverage experiences across the globe for more than 60 years. Our unrivalled portfolio of local, international and bespoke food brands plays a vital role in providing unique, rewarding and fulfilling food experiences in each of our 400-plus travel locations worldwide.
Our exciting Phoenix portfolio of restaurants will include; Four Peaks Brewing Company, Lola Coffee, Delux Burger, Humble Pie, Nocawich, Matt's Big Breakfast, MidCity Kitchen, Sweet Republic, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Joe's Real BBQ, Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles, Los Taquitos, Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar and Zinc Bistro to name just a few. Our first restaurants will open mid-January!
The focus is at the general operations level, concentrating on the performance of the operations with the responsibility and accountability of the store's business results in support of operational excellence and providing the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Oversees the operation of one or multiple kitchen units' fast food/full service operations in accordance with SSP America standards and/or brand specifications.
- Maintains unit inventory levels and purchasing.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary repairs and maintenance are conducted in an effective and timely manner and within budget.
- Ensures food and labor costs are in line with budgets at all times.
- Ensures operational standards and financial goals are met.
- Conducts weekly inventory.
- Responsible for all daily paperwork (tracking payroll, product mix, variance reports for drinks and tracking of employee drinking and meals.)
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Oversees development and growth of employees.
- Contributes to a positive team environment through actions and living our company culture.
- Ensures team is knowledgeable of job expectations.
- Understand the guest needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Maintains the unit(s) in accordance with company and state safety and health/sanitation standards.
- Manage and develop team to include scheduling, training and performance reviews
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Candidates MUST have at least 1 year of food & beverage experience, specifically in a Kitchen Manager role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product, service, quality standards and equipment and operations standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Other qualifications include effective team building skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
We have brought together talent from across the travel, food and other complimentary industries to deliver world-leading operational and business excellence. From our general managers on the ground to our board directors, our management team are some of the most experienced specialists in the business; a truly international team of food travel experts.
Whether your career begins at the restaurant, airport, or regional level, working as part of our team of experts offers a variety of growth and development opportunities in an exciting environment. We are committed to creating a culture where each individual's talents, ideas and differences are welcomed. There are no average days with SSP. As an employee you will be exposed to a number of different situations requiring a range of skills, knowledge and experience. If it's a career you are looking for, SSP has a structured program to help you at whatever stage of the career ladder you're on.
SSP America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.