Reports to: General Manager
Manage all areas of operations for a full service/quick service operation within the Airport, including hiring, training and retaining an excellent staff, delivering outstanding hospitality, food cost, labor cost, P&L responsibility, teaching and learning, sanitation, safety and cleanliness, adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Develop guest partnerships and grow the business within the airport.
- Responsible for daily management of the unit including, operational, financial, quality and partner relations.
- Communicate & train all aspects of company programs and standards to management and hourly teams.
- Responsible for handling guest complaints/comments, and using them for making improvements.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, and similar items.
- Performs general clerical functions within unit, which include payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and operating statements.
- Utilize experience to effectively control financials, personnel management, facilities, marketing, food preparation and quality, and general business operations.
- Drive team in the areas of new product introductions and promotional programs; help to guide implementation of these items and provide training to restaurant operators accordingly.
- Ensures team is knowledgeable on job expectations.
- Ensures products and merchandising brand standards are adhered to.
- Identifies potential or existing operational problems and initiate, develop, and implement appropriate solutions and measure results.
- Communicates company policies with operators and internal team members through written and oral communication in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to learn, transfer learning, train and hold managers and shift leaders accountable for knowing, demonstrating and effectively utilizing systems, tools, processes, and equipment which enable guest loyalty and increased profitability.
- Deals with issues relating to cash control efficiently.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified candidates must have 3-5 years of increasingly responsible restaurant/food service/kitchen management experience (direct P&L responsibility) and/or franchise operations management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of management in the field and at the SSP corporate offices.
- Ability to effectively influence through knowledge, relationship management, and trust.
- Ability to conduct gap analysis between desired and current state of expressed goals, based on business planning, knowledge of basic business operations, employee satisfaction, consumer satisfaction, and marketing effectiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including delivering presentations at public meetings.
- Effective organizational maturity to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and yearly activities.