We are seeking Mainframe Storage Management Support engineers [(1) for Durham, NC and (2) for Baltimore, MD] who will administer and support all of a Federal Agency’s data center’s mainframe data-storage-tape environments. The qualified candidate will provide analytical and technical support for problem resolutions, third party vendor communication, and change implementation. As a member of the Mainframe Storage Team, candidate will be responsible for the management of tape storage and related devices within a mainframe complex.
Description of Work
- Oversee business/user requirements efforts as a part of a full systems development lifecycle and provide critical technical recommendations/solutions for complex problems.
- Analyze functional complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations for new tape technology and capacity requirements.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Provide technical documentation support.
- Provide analysis of and technical recommendations for production tape storage availability.
- Provide analysis of and recommendations for mainframe tape utilization performance issues.
- Participation in Agency’s Disaster Recovery testing and shutdown activities where requested
- Support problem and change tickets for Agency’s mainframe storage systems
- Leads the formulation, review, and recommendation of solutions to customer problems based on prior experience and hands-on understanding of how products and services interrelate and support the customer mission.
Basic Qualifications: Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14 years of related experience, or 18 years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements
- Candidate will be expected to possess knowledge of storage hardware subsystems including IBM, EMC, DASD, Virtual technology, and Removable Media Devices.
- 5 years experience in at least one or more of the following: z/OS Operating System, Z Series Hardware, Mainframe Storage Management
- 5 years experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- 5 years experience in of one or more of the following: SMS, DFHSM, RMM, CA1, CA-Vantage, CA-Disk
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration
o Oracle Virtual Storage Manager (VSM)
o EMC’s Disk Library for Mainframe (DLm)
o Crypto Key Management Systems (KMS)
o Host Software Component/Storage Management Component (HSC/SMC)
o Expert Library Manager Software (EXLM)
o Computer Associates CA-1 Tape Management System
o System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and catalog solution
o System Modification Product/Extended (SMP/E)
- Experience with datacenter moves and/or migrations
- Prior Government experience
- Knowledge of federal system mandates and guidelines a plus
- Knowledge of data duplication technology a plus
US Citizenship/Green Card/Green Card with EAD holders are eligible.