STG International Employee Reviews

STG Inc Honest Review
Active Directory specialist (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 16, 2016
Overall I am rather happy with STG Inc. They treat their employees well, they have good benefits (Better than competition in the area) and the company pays well while also maintaining a healthy budget.

They have treated me well and took me in when others did not. While the only issue I see is so common, I almost feel bad about lowering the mark. There is a palpable difference between the management and the worker bee's. There was zero effort on behalf of the management to engage the workers during 'company' functions. Now, this being the ONLY thing I can say is bad about it says many good things about the company.

They are amazing at making sure the employees are taken care of with GOOD health care and not the lowest bidder. They honestly care if you have a life issue that they can help with and they make MOSTLY intelligent decisions that affect contracts.

Co-workers are fantastic to work with and are very close in the same personality type. The most difficult part of the job is having to constantly do more with less, but what company doesn't? Very good place to work, typical downfalls but a highly recommended company.
Pros
They CARE, Healthcare, Good Pay, Good culture, immediate supervisors are amazing.
Cons
Management disconnected from worker bees
Steady work, no room for advancement
Lead Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2016
Not much communication with current employer. Steady work but no room for advancement. Benefits included but expensive. 401k program is matched by employer. Easy job
Pros
Steady work
Cons
no room for advancement
ok benefits, low pay
Conference Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2016
Not much room for advancement since it is a contracting company. Benefits are okay but salary not great. HR people are good but the process of obtaining some of the benefits is confusing.
Pros
401K match
Cons
health insurance expensive and not great coverage, low pay
VTC Bridge Operator/NOC Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 11, 2015
Great benefits and good people to work with. STG offers great health care and great benefits also. The company do care about it employees and the company will try to make everyone happy. I find that the company is a good company to work for and is very easy going.
Pros
good time off and great benefits plus health care
Cons
Career moving is a bit slow but possible
Not a position that fit with my ideal of patient care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumpkin, GADecember 7, 2015
Competitive workplace, detainee health least important to Uniformed Health Staff Management. Guards treated detainees with distain and for the most part were unprofessional. This was at the detainee center and did not reflect necessarily on SGT.
Don't even attempt applying!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 17, 2016
The worst place to work! Cut throat, tons of write ups without even investigating what happened. Stg will believe their client before any nurse, Doctor, or clinician. Run for your life or you will be sorry. Go to a county or city job, you will be treated like a human and not like a dog!
Pros
Non, bad experience!
Cons
Non
Excellent company to work for.
HR Administrative Assistant-Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with the contract agency. The recruiting manager was great. Training is available. Excellent benefits.
Horrible supervisors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 21, 2016
Worked with them for 3 months very unprofessional. They do not care what works have to say to improve office. They only care about getting patients in and out not caring of staff is over worked. They ate demanding and never follow through on there word
Rigid corporate culture
Contractor to the Department of VA (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 3, 2016
Very rigid company, not overly generous with compensation or benefits.
Very inflexible with standards and policies which are close to being out dated.
Provide many contract jobs, so job security is very poor.
Productive workplace with high standards
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
Fast paced, well managed clinic, with skilled staff and utmost cooperation to reach goals. Hardest part of job was waiting for credentialing to be completed. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help our military staff.
Company undergoing changes
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 29, 2016
The best thing that can be said about STG is some of the people you work with are great. However, the company is undergoing changes and communication is out-the-door.
Great place to begin a career in IT
JRSS / GMN Cell Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZDecember 16, 2015
STG Inc. is a great company to begin a career in the IT field. There are always opportunities to grow and learn within the company.
Pros
Career advancement opportunites
Cons
Ever changing environment
Easy going and a productive work place.
Database Manager/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2015
Was enjoyable. I was able to work with the user with great ease.
Management was very supportive and helpful. There were no hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenges of the programs that I was working on.
Not Bad
words (Current Employee) –  Wordan Place, PASeptember 1, 2016
If you have good management on your contract, STG is awesome. When your leadership crumbles, so does everything and STG runs.
Productive with a focus on the Employee, Customer and Company
VTC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDFebruary 12, 2016
As an Army contractor a typical day at work can be fast paced and demanding, however it's a great environment to work. Working here has given me the opportunity to think outside the box make critical decisions and don't be afraid to fail mentality. Through failure you learn to succeed. Working here has reinforced my admiration for those who serve.
Pros
Good people with the mission in mind
Worst Place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasJune 30, 2012
Do not work for this company. STG International never supports employees in a dispute and never help. The only thing they are good at is to find a connection to renew their contract. Full of empty promises. Their medical insurance is more expensive than any insurance out there. Never train personnel and no promotion or raise. I would absolutely not recommend working for this company. They will use you as long as you let them. I don't consider this company as a good workplace. HR DOES NOTHING TO RESOLVE ISSUES. Discrimination and Favoritism runs every decision made. If u are willing to kiss a little behind you'll go far with this company but...
Pros
0.50 cent more than others per month
Cons
1-managers are bullies at high school. their method of management is by threat to fire employees.
Currently looking for other work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jena, LAJuly 26, 2015
This place is a joke. Officers make more an hour than nurses. You can't trust anything STG says. They cut your pay and don't give raises. The company gives to charity to claim tax breaks instead of giving to employees. They have a sister company hiring for us now and they start off making more than we do!
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Schedule
Great place to work however only temporary.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2012
Being a government contractor has many pros and cons. The pros are great compensation and benefits. The set 40 hour a week schedule is also nice for a good predictable work life balance. The main con is your employment is entirely at the mercy of the government contract process. If the agency decides there is no longer a need, then the job is terminated sometimes with little or no notice. Also there is high levels of tension with Federal employees who view contractors as a threat to their employment and in some ways inferior. Workers should enter this arrangement with their eyes wide open to the realities of this type of position, something many my colleagues unfortunately did not do. Overall I enjoyed my experience at STG and would be happy to work there again in the future if the situation was conveniant and favorable to me.
Pros
great compensation, benefits, predictable schedule.
Cons
job security, tension with federal employees, very little room for advancement.
Best employer thus far
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego,CAAugust 19, 2015
I had a pleasure working for STGi and wished I could do it all again. I worked as a contractor for the US Navy as a Medical Assistant. I had the perfect hours 0730-1600 M-F no overtime and no weekend hours. PTO, vacation and holiday pay, who could ask for anything more? The staff was awesome and informative and my co-workers were like family! I learned a lot about military life through training and patient care. The hardest part about my job was that I had to leave because my husband (military) received orders to a new installation. Overall the best place I've ever had the pleasure working for!
Pros
Hours, benefits, holiday and vacation pay, PTO
Cons
Change of requirements in regards to working for the military.
productive enironment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 22, 2015
STG International is great company, their benefits are good working with the employee and managers was good. The job experience for any employee was great.

2.8