SAS Manager in Training Job Description
Sun Adventure Sports is expanding!!
Do you have leadership, management and a passion for biking and the outdoors?
Sun Adventure Sports currently has two locations, Lubbock and Amarillo TX. Each Sun Adventure Sports location carries over 300 bicycles and has entire areas dedicated to skateboarding, running, and bike service/repair. We feature some of the best known brands in men’s and women’s bicycles, cycling apparel, running gear, triathlon apparel, and fitness apparel.
Sun Adventure Sports Managers in Training position is considered to be an on the job training position for the Store Manager position.
- Drive sales revenue
- Support the Store Manager with day-to-day store operations to achieve targeted productivity, sales, and profitability goals
- Assist the Store Manager in providing overall direction for the staff in terms of training and performance tracking
- Maintain awareness of competitors and their promotions and offerings
- Oversee store personnel and ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed
- Ensure stores are clean, well organized, and properly merchandised
- Completion of the MIT program within the prescribed time
- A High School Diploma (some college courses preferred)
- Two years retail experience
- Experience in a specialty chain, discount, department, or other mass merchandising store
- Experience in a sporting goods store or bike store preferred
- Strong leadership, training, organizational, and time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving abilities
- Relocation may be required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Benefits may include:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k), Employee Discounts and Vacation and Sick time.