Synagro is seeking a Technical Services Manager for its Services Division located in Dayton, Ohio Area. Synagro’s goal is to be recognized as the premier provider of essential environmental services across North America. As we expand our services into emerging green technologies and new environmental markets, we will continue to deliver the same passion, commitment to excellence and value-driven solutions to our customers. To achieve this goal, Synagro is committed to a high performance culture based on transparent communication, efficient processes and robust systems.
- Acquire and maintain adequate agricultural land base for land application of residual byproducts for all projects under your direct management.
- Work closely with Technical Services Director to provide feedback on land base status, operational concerns, agronomic issues, public relations, etc.
- Prepare Site Identification permits and modifications as needed for projects in assigned areas. This may include but is not limited to:
- Soil and biosolids sampling;
- Map collection and preparation; and
- Review of soil surveys, using internet tools such as NRCS Web Soil Survey; tax and topographic maps to determine land base
- Coordinate field scheduling with farmers and operations crews, including field flagging to ensure proper application.
- Act as farmer liaison with Operations staff.
- Act as regulatory liaison with state and local agencies.
- Ensure availability of alternative sites for land application backup operations; specifically important during times that farm ground is not typically open/available (i.e. June, early spring, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and permit conditions.
- Perform thorough recordkeeping for state and local government monitoring programs.
- Review and update environmental requirements and ensure documentation is maintained, testing is completed and results submitted as needed for all environmental or other regulatory requirements. Contact farm operators on a routine basis in order to address concerns and obtain feedback on our performance.
- Provide technical information and presentations to farmers, regulatory agencies, municipal clients and the general public as needed.
- Participate in local agricultural organizations and activities, as well as local community acceptance programs.
- Assist Operations crew when necessary.
- Assist with Sales and Project Development when necessary.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Agricultural or Environmental sciences or related field OR technical course graduation and a minimum 2 years experience in an agricultural or environmental field.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team player; Strong organizational, time management and detail skills needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, methods and techniques used in agricultural and/or farming operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication selling skills including a demonstrated ability to effectively “cold call” on farmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal, written and oral presentations) with all levels of the organization and external audiences.
- Task oriented and innovative; willing to make suggestions to improve work processes and flow.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and presentation equipment.
- Proficient with MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and knowledge of mapping programs.
- Knowledge of biosolids and other residuals management, processing and operations.
- Knowledge of regulations related to biosolids and non-hazardous residuals industry.
Synagro offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, FSA and 401(k). EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Indeed - 6 months ago