Saama Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company
Associate Consultant (L2) (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 23, 2016
I was hired as a NCG (new college graduate) and it was a great learning experience for me to learn the ropes about Big Data. Once the training program was finished i received my job offer and started working on projects at client sites. The downside is that when there are no projects to work on and you're on bench, you don't have anything to do.

Overall it was an OK job and don't have much to complain about.
Pros
Good learning experience, food in kitchen
Cons
Being on bench
No working culture
Senior Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 27, 2016
Not a professional company. The leadership team is very worst. Only promote to those who are working at corporate office. Leadership team needs only puppet who just listen to them and work. No feedback process.

Salary is good.
Pros
good salary
Cons
unprofessional, no respect for your experience
Great place to work for Data Science and Analytics
Vice President of Analytics and Data Science (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 12, 2016
Excellent place for aspiring Analytics Consultants and Data Scientists to learn how Analytics are applied to solve real-world problems. Great leadership; excellent, top-notch co-workers. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Learning; Growth; Great set of Senior Leaders.
Cons
None that I can think of!
Sr. Lead Recruiter
Sr. Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 20, 2015
OK kind of company, not a great place to be, lot of internal politics. hard worker who does not care about politics will not survive at Saama. Initially a new employee is welcome well, but later the politics will kill you.
Interesting projects
Associate Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 21, 2015
Typical day at work involves testing out methodologies of your choice and demonstrating them to your manager for his/her approval/disapproval.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
Team Lead/Associate Architect (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 17, 2014
To keep it simple, It has been great journey especially getting opportunities to work with Industry leading BI tools and technologies
Pros
open culture
Cons
less transparency to the consultants other than current projects and immediate managers.
Geared Towards Agile Development
Assistant System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMarch 7, 2013
Saama Technologies is geared towards agile software development. A business intelligence company, Saama is dedicated towards finding ways to analyze customers' data and turn that information into the means to earn the company more money. My typical day is a balance between long term and short term goals. I will give today as an example. I began the day about an hour earlier than usual to setup and record a Webex session with a senior VP that will allow others to replay the presentation for various meetings over the next few days. I ran a diagnostic and reimaged a recently returned laptop to hand off to someone complaining of laptop issues. I was ordered by the India team of the IT department to purchase more RAM and an additional NIC for two servers in the datacenter to enable the servers to use the network area storage system to increase the number of virtual machines we can run. I informed our admin staff about my concerns for the office move we are undergoing soon. I setup an appointment with a vendor to see about pricing and capabilities for assisting with the office move. I assisted a member of the HR team with transferring their data from an old machine to a recently issued machine. I shutdown and inspected a server, looking to see if the system can handle an additional NIC and more RAM. I added people to certain e-mail aliases and setup Webex meetings for the next week and the next day. Finally, I authorized the download of some Apple software via the App Store using the companies Apple account.
Pros
flexible hours, decent pay, fun co-workers, free snacks, supportive co-workers, very competitive healthcare
Cons
occasional night and weekend work, aging infrastructure, lack of support from the rest of the it team, little opportunity for advancement, major decisions made by offshore team
good working place
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  usaNovember 25, 2014
i working there for only 2 months but the working environment of the company is very good in my life time.my hr co workers are very good
Pros
work from home or office
Cons
nothing
Leader in Data and Analytics
Business Objects and Tableau Administrator (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 27, 2014
A good place to learn new technologies.
Spirited peoplePassionate about Data and Analytics.