Saatchi & Saatchi Employee Reviews

Great Company overall, communication can be lacking
Account Executive - Toyota (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 29, 2016
Each day is filled with different tasks, there are minimal repetitive tasks. I learned a lot about various aspects of advertising, but particularly in digital marketing, SEO/SEM marketing and client relationship building. The job was a fantastic experience, however communication from management was often poor or untimely, making some tasks more difficult than necessary.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management communication
Great place to get started with your advertising career
Supervisor, Earned Media (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 11, 2016
Overall the company is a great place to work. A big client keeps you busy and no two days are the same. Downside is that client is relocating to TX and the agency is going to follow by opening an office. A lot is still up in the air about what positions are going...not good for morale.
Awesome
Health Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
Great place to work, with a health care center upstairs, a running track on the roof and a small but well stocked barista. Has excellent security and is in a great location.
Great people to work with
Account Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
-The saatchi & saatchi departments on my account work incredibly well together.
-Though I had no prior experience in advertising, all colleagues were extremely understanding and patient
Pros
Gym, free cereal, free coffee in the mornings
Cons
Often over-time. Basically no lunch break.
Not a place for Growth, Poor managment , too many hands in the cookie jar.
Solution Center Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2015
I was hired prompting that there is no advancement. After 2 year, someone from the same agency was promoted to a higher level leaving us all scratching our head. Poor Management since there have a group call Resources that is own by Saatchi Saatchi - Too many manager and no one knows what the others are doing. On person was able to spy on VP and SVP computers and get foresight on events before they happen in the helpdesk. Bad Security.
Pros
some co-workers are nice, very relax.
Cons
overworked, not pay since hourly for weekends worked. Department of labor should look into them.
Great workplace and work space.
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Loved the location and work space. My creative directors inspired everyone to produce work beyond the client's scope. This positive attitude trickled down to every creative within the department and created a hands-on approach to getting things done. There was a strong divide between the account and creative departments that made the communication process difficult at times. But not all the time. Overall, it was a fun place to work.
outstanding company to work for
Group Exercise Instructor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I had the privilege of working with some of the greatest men and women clients ever. They were exceptional because of their willingness to work hard and try new thing while having FUN!. These were some of the most fun people I have ever worked with. Enjoying working out and the ability to laugh while pushing oneself beyond what they think they can do is a gift and a given when I teach a class. These particular clientele made it even easier for me to have a blast at work! I have to say my 15 or so years teaching these wonderful people is something I will forever be grateful for.
Pros
Great clientele
Cons
They closed their fitness room after the sale of the company
Advertising Agency , eclectic atmosphere , global company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2012
Had six clients that I handled in terms of invoice coding, billing, and month end reports generated to distribute to Acct Execs. Learned that each client had specific requirements when it came to billing and payment. Mgt worked alongside the co workers to ensure that the day to day procedures were carried out and in a timely manner. Co workers were pleasant and were always willing to help out in time crunching situations. The hardest part of the job was completing the deadlines prior to billing, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting those deadlines and satisfying the client.
Pros
monthly town hall meetings and lunches
Iconic
SVP, Associate Director Research & Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2013
• Early on, working on Wendy’s the first time, I learned the importance of social media (then WOM) and it’s ability to catapult a brand into culture, when Ronald Regan asked, “Mr. Gorbechav, where’s the beef?” Ever since, I’ve remained attuned to finding ways for brands to permeate culture, which is critical in today’s environment.
• While working on Tylenol during “the scare,” I also learned the importance of a brand’s ability to establish a meaningful relationship with people. One based on trust, transparency and shared values -- exactly what the realities today’s market demands.
Working at an Ad Agency
Research Group Head (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 28, 2012
When I worked at the agencies we still had market research departments. Today these people are called Account Planners and indeed, their skill set is far greater than what we were required to do. In the 80's the researchers were the non-profit department - Account Planners today practically run the Agency. Very different!
Pros
work with the coolest most creative people!
Cons
must always be pitching new business
The Ideas Company
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2012
Saatchi & Saatchi has a very creative open floor plan that encourages communication, creativity and the generation of new ideas to execute advertising campaigns.

The company provides an intensive multi-week training program that challenges you to change the way you think and reach outside the box to create brilliant yet effective ad campaigns.
Fun work environment filled with motivated and talented individuals.
Account Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
Overall a great experience that offered incredible exposure to many different aspects of the advertising industry. I formed great relationships with both my supervisors who treated me with a high level of respect and gave me real responsibilities.
dynamic place to work
Intern as Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  BelgradeOctober 22, 2015
pros: dynamic, meeting a lot of people from various clients, taking place in creative project. good place for learning and development
cons:no cantine
Excellent place to work
Assistant Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 2, 2015
Great people. I learned many new management skills. There was no hardships here all work was enjoyable. Management always built their workers up and trained when needed.
Great agency with great people
Creative Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Working at Saatchi was an outstanding. I have met some brilliant minds there and was a great learning experience. The creatives over there were very nice and insightful to me. I got a lot of great work from their and made a lot of great connections.
Pros
great place to work period
Beer on tap, ping pong, video games and darts, pretty much a boys club.
Art Director (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 1, 2012
Your kind of shop if you like all of the above. To move up the ladder you have to be in the CCO inner circle ie he must hire and like you. Lots of pitches, long hours but you can drown them all in some light beer I guarantee it.
Pros
free cereal
Cons
late nights
Productive and Creative
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Interning at Saatchi & Saatchi was a wonderful experience that showed me the ins and outs of one of the first and most successful advertising/marketing firms. It prepared me with knowledge to apply to new jobs and help me contribute in creative and fresh ways.
Corporate Fitness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2012
I worked in the Corporate Gym section and truthfully it was great. The only reason I couldn't keep on working there was due to my sister getting sick. I had to take care of my sister until she die.
Pros
excellent people, environment.
Cons
not enough work to do.
What it was like at Saatchi & Saatchi
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  375 Hudson Street, NY NY 10014July 19, 2014
It was fun, challenging, & very busy 5 years ago. Now, employees are either leaving willingly or being laid off in droves.
Pros
Great brands to work on
Cons
Poor morale, constantly losing business, major personnel changes happen sporadically
Creative Environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  BelgradeApril 2, 2013
We had an extremely good collaboration between the marketing team and designers.
I worked as a graphic designer on many large projects on the high level, including the work for the government and for a few leading corporate companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saatchi & Saatchi. Our community is ready to answer.