460 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Saavn seeks an experienced Sales Manager to directly sell sponsorships to major multinational brands.
Saavn is transforming the way people access and experience Indian music. We are the fastest growing South Asian consumer digital media and technology company, and our purpose is to provide hundreds of millions of people around the world easy access to high quality South Asian content. Our applications on the Web, mobile phones and Tablets allow people to have great experiences with content on devices of their choice. Saavn has offices in Mumbai (Engineering and Content Operations), Delhi (Sales), New York (Business Development), and Mountain View, California (Engineering). Our team comes from Yahoo, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Dish Network, MSN and NDTV, reflecting strong expertise in both technology and media. We have covered by TechCrunch, Forbes, TIME Magazine, CNBC, and the Wall Street Journal and have been referred to as a “Spotify for India”. We are backed by top-tier VCs that share our long-term vision for changing the industry.
- Sr. Manager, Advertising Sales
- Primary point of contact for Saavn’s Advertisers and Sponsors.
- Primary point of contact for media buyers and agencies.
- Work with product development team to communicate Advertiser and Sponsor requirements.
DIRECT SALES RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- To evolve strategy for “engagement based” vs. “reach based” sales on Saavn.
- To prospect, cold call, network and research new customers and potential clients.
- To conceptualize online sales and sponsorship strategies to address client’s challenges.
- To procure strategic, integrated sponsorships from major brand advertisers.
- To respond to agency Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- To write, develop, adapt and present sales proposals and presentations.
- To present and negotiate deal-terms to senior decision makers; close deals.
- To stay on top of the trends in a rapidly changing media market.
- To develop and maintain client relationships through exceptional customer service
- To oversee the development and integration of new account acquisitions, and manage the efforts while driving advertising and sponsorship revenues across multiple platforms.
- To lead forecasted sales objectives through proper account management
- To create pricing and packaging strategies which maximize inventory and deliver value to advertisers
- To keep the senior management informed on all issues, status of key functions, and performance against planned goals
- To use both qualitative and quantitative research to support efforts to further distinguish the benefits of associating with Saavn
- To provide consistent communication with Ad Ops, Client Services and Finance
- To meet with staff on a regular basis to provide leadership and ensure organization is on plan
- To manage accounts to achieve outside individual sales goals as well as vertical team goal
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in work experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in interactive ad sales a track record of successfully managing client relations.
- Must have a strong rolodex of relationships at Agencies and Clients with the ability to know which ‘levers’ to push on
- Skill set must include fluency with online advertising sales, pricing, inventory control, brand-building initiatives, promotion and planning
- Excel in mentoring and training subordinates, thereby helping the organization not only to win results in the near term, but to build bench strength for the future
- Ability to generate a minimum of $1MM in sales revenue in first 12 months.
- Expert in MS Office or equivalent.
- High energy and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to prospect, cold call, negotiate and close deals.
- Sound understanding of online advertising sales, current online advertising trends and advertising metrics.
- Self-confident self-starter.
- Proactively able to set and achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with campaign execution and reporting
- Manage time and information with ease
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation skills
- Maintain a strong professional presence
- Interest in Bollywood a major plus.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
We're a startup at heart (so you get a fun and relaxed working environment with all the usual perks), but our compensation is built for grown-ups.
We have highly competitive salaries, comprehensive paid health coverage (medical, dental, and vision), a 401k, and equity.
Saavn is an EEP/ AA/ M/F/D/V
Indeed - 11 months ago