Saban Community Clinic Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work. Don't apply. Waste of time!
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 10, 2016
Leads and so-called trainers are totally unprofessional. They need to be retrained, or outright replaced. Bad communication skills. They need to learn that friends and co-workers need to separate the two relationships while on the job. This place is headed toward a massive Class Action Lawsuit. Just wait for it. There was nothing enjoyable about working there. It caused nothing but stress. A total waste of time. They need to be taught better, because they do not know how to run a business. In fact, working there was more like being back in high school. Totally awful place!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor and unprofessional management, leads and trainers
This was a nightmare company leadership horrific no training and employees where dropping like flies high turnovers the worse company.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2016
Try another company this is a nightmare that you will not wake up until you leave. No one is knowledgeable the moral of 70% of company is very low.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible management, no training high turnover.
Wonderful Patients and Volunteer Providers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2016
Saban has wonderful specialty providers who volunteer their time to serve wonderful, indigent patients. The patients are wonderful and appreciative.
2 years of happiness
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJanuary 24, 2016
My typical day consists of printing out morning, afternoon, and even schedules for our different departments. Once it hits 7:30, our double doors are open for business. We except walk-ins from 7:30am-7pm for both medical and dental services. My job consists of me pre-sceening the patients to see the exact reason for service to the appropriate doctor or nurse practitioner. We also assist homeless patients with a shower program, and have a case manager on site to help with any extra assistance. When in need of a farsi interpreter i then assist with translation. I have been with the company for over 2years, and I can honestly say i have loved each and every moment of it. I started as a temp and as soon as my assignment was done they INSTANTLY hired me.
Pros
Holiday pay, Amazing Christmas Party, Great staff
good learning enviornment but don't count on longevity
care coordiantor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 2, 2015
In the beginning I loved working at Saban. It offered me such a great opportunity to learn so much through direct and regular contact with clinicians, nurses, therapists and patients of such varied backgrounds and needs. But during my time there so many changes were implemented without providing appropriate support. The employee turn around was insane! The original culture of patients' needs being the primary focus gave way to new rules and regulations geared at increasing revenue but only resulted in empty waiting rooms...
Pros
good place to learn if you are motivated (variety of services and departments)
Cons
lack of leadership and appropriate training, high employee turn around, low morale
Providers and staff are passionate about helping vulnerable populations
QI & Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2014
Huge employee turnover, low morale, weak leadership. If you can work with the right people, you can learn so much. The patients are great and it is a privilege to help them.
Pros
Clinic closes from Christmas to New Years, great vacation benefits
Cons
Weak Leadership
You can learn so much here.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaNovember 7, 2014
There is a lot to learn at Saban Community Clinic. There is Sports Medicine, OB/GYN, Minor Surgery and Internal Medicine. They have CHDP and Cedars Care programs.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
expensive medical insurance
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
Love the clinic environment and working with the patients.
Fun upbeat place to work, with great staff
HR Generalist / Payroll & Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2014
A tyical day at work consist of serving the underserved and catering to the needs of the employees, enforcing rules and regulations at the same time creating a warm welcoming comfortable work environment. My co-workers are very supportive and we all play well as a team. The things i've learned are limitless, I attended various seminars and conferences which aided me in keeping up with constant changes in employement, leave of absences and payroll laws. The most challenging part of my job was the lack of communication from managers pertaining to their employee changes, I would often be left to scramble for answers that should have been communicated to the Human Resources Dept. What i lked most about my job were the people I worked with and my manager, she was knowledgeble in the field of Human Resource and I learned so much from her, I also enjoyed working with and getting to know the patients and the lives they live It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
One week of paid holiday from Christmas day through New Years Day
great place to help patients
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  los angeles CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2014
loved going to work co-workers, Dr, and MA's we wonderful to work with the hardest part of my job was coming in to work telling patients that had insurance they would not receive medication at our facilities. the most enjoyable part of my job was the Diabetic teaching along with Pharmacist and talking one on one with patients in need. Management could use some work here managers would not speak to the night crew on witch i was part of all my information on new items or new procedures would be told my my co-workers and never management
Giving back
Current Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2013
The staff are easy going and helpful. Everyone works together creating a family atmosphere. Excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and competitive market salaries and wages.
Productive and a busy place
ex-employee (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caJuly 12, 2013
It's a good clinic but, they need new management for receptionist. The employee don't have any training they just hire them and expect them to know how the program runs in the clinic. The employees are in a lot of stress and overwhelm and look loss all the time. The wait time for the patient is horrible. Clinic needs faster service and great customer service. The call center is the worse they have you wait more than a hour to answer your call that's if they even answer your call. Patients always complain about the call center and the wait time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunches
busy but no one is safe here
front desk (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caMay 11, 2013
the job was great and i have learn so much. i love how it was busy which kills time. the management was not the best. they will not care for no one but for those who were part of their clique. the patients where great to deal but there was no well organized management which made it a headache and stressful. the training was horrible because they do not train you well. they will throw you in boat with no paddles and expect you to row as same as their employees that have been there for 5+ years. overall if i had to rate it will be 2 out of 5
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management, cliques, unorganized, training
busy
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2013
in the morning i was the fisrt one to be at work the clinic usual opens at 7:30 then i guide the pt's were they needed to go to or sing we start registering them like me i was in chrge of the walk-ins patient we use to get 12 or 14 pt's in the morning it the depends of the dr that we use to have if not we referr them to diferent county clinics
Pros
pt were frienly and some of the coworkers, insurance health and dental
Cons
no break at all, always trying no chance to take the
Overworked, Underpaid, Underappreciated
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2013
Starting off was an amazing experience, but throught out the years and with all the changes from a free clinic to FQHC everything became a bit more challanging. Patients are amazing although 80% only spoke spanish working there is granted for experience, however, staff have become more overly stressed out and unprofessional, usually lacking in customer service and more worried about the latest gossip within one another. Management always tries to rule with an iron fist, preventing you from taking vacations if already requested 2 weeks in advance due to uncertanty of coverage by providers, management praises those who have the worst customer service or the lazy workers rather than the hard working ones. The company abides by working harder than thinking smarter.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, unable to take a break at times, self-center co-workers, gossip, unbearable management
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 7, 2013
The best patient care in the world. Health Care at its Best. Need for more funding programs and services to expand. Helping the community in Los Angeles for free for over 45 years! The Los Angeles Free Clinic is The Saban Free Clinic
very busy work place which I liked because it kept me busy
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 12, 2012
Evey day was busy. Its a community clinic for infants, children, adults, seniors, and the homeless. This is a walk in clinic therefore there was always problems with the patients due to the wait time. I learned many programs and how to maintain myself calm when there is an angry patient. My co-workers ofcourse had good and bad days like anyone else. They were easy to get along with, very friendly people. I believe the hardest part of the job was telling a patient we were not going to be able to see them. It was really hard because some of these patients are waiting outside the doors since 6am to try to get seen, sometimes they would wait until 8pm when we closed and would not be seen. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone and seeing them come out of their appointment with a smile and thanking me for helping them.
Pros
great benefits, paid sick time and vacation time
Cons
unable to take breaks, always short staffed
A very productive and fun workplace.
Communications & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2012
Everyone is nice and very helpful at assisting you. I have been volunteering with them for the past few years and I love it. If you're looking for a place to gain some experience and skills and you're interested in volunteering for events, Saban Free Clinic is the place!
Pros
staff is nice! you make new friends while gaining knowledge!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saban Community Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6