Saber Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun and profesional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAAugust 9, 2017
I got my CNA at saber i was a nice place to work at fun. Yet profesional and i learned alot met friends and had a secured job. Would go back i left to go to school
Productive workplace
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 26, 2017
Great employee driven company. Little opportunity for advancement. Fair and equal employment and benefits package. Making changes to adapt to the ever changing healthcare field
deceptive with employees and consumers, in every way imaginable
one of many admissions fall-persons (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAJune 19, 2017
on-site mgmt. brings on a new hire to be the fall person for their 70% occupancy census, saving their jobs with corporate's unrealistic expectations, and despite a failing operation for years - advice: turn away and don't look back... a known dump facility for unprofitable patients, in need of care that no other area facility wants - a disgrace to the healthcare mission of caring for sick people - focus is purely on how much money they can swindle out of the system.
Pros
Cons
deceptive - not clean - unsafe patient/caregiver ratios
Corporate is extremely out of touch with the reality of the current state of healthcare.
Director of Marketing & Admissions (Former Employee) –  Maple, OHJune 7, 2017
Corporate doesn't care about how healthcare has changed and how much the star rating means. The goals are confusing and contradictory. The benefits are horrible. This is not a company that sets you up for success.
Most Caring Nursing Staff
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2017
I have worked in 2 healthcare facilities - by far the staff is so caring to the patients. Always looking for better ways to improve work life balance and management is always willing to listen to everyone.

I love my job at Saber health, (Liberty Ridge, Lynchburg)!
Pros
Cost effective benefits, team work, drive for excellence, and great patient care
Cons
Fast paced
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 4, 2017
I love my job here! Its everything I dreamed nursing would be! The management is super nice to the staff on the floor and they really listen to our concerns to make our work easier
Pros
Great Teamwork and work environment
Cons
cant think of any
Bad place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Altavista vaMay 4, 2017
The higher ups dont care about anyone but themselves. The CNA and NURSES work way to hard for the little we GET paid. They expected first shift to do everything as far as showers and bed baths. No paid HOLIDAYS you use your PTO!!!! None of the office workers or don or adon is gonna come out on the floor and help when your having a short day! Their just gonna have meetings telling you what all you did wrong and what you shouldv done instead. They offer bonus and then if you call out for being sick and have a doc note or something serious happens they take it from you! Rules change everyday.
Pros
Cons
Everything is just bad
Great Family Atmosphere!
RN (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 3, 2017
Working at Autumn Care is like working with family. Anytime I've needed off to help my family they've always worked with me. The building is clean and inviting.
Terrible workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 28, 2017
Terrible workplace with poor management and leadership. No room for growth in this company. One of the worst employers, no communication throughout departments and administrator. Since it's owned by a corporation they only see dollar signs not the employees or residents
Pros
Cons
Corporate, only care about money
Scary place, save your nursing license and run
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHApril 11, 2017
Worse nursing home I ever worked at. Staff doesn't have a clue , the Stnas are the only good thing at this job. They know more then the mangers and can answer most questions about almost anything. Computers to pass meds don't work, so you have to run down hall to nurses station , and hand write everybody's medication and then run back down hall to give medications. State is there almost daily for a complaint. If you value your license run far away from here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
May lose your license
Friendly Directors
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shallotte NCApril 7, 2017
Directors always seemed to go the extra step to make sure nursing had what they needed. Being short staffed is what all Skilled Nursing experiences from time to time. But here at Autumn Care the Directors will roll up their sleeves and give out Lunch, help answer call lights, move around beds, clean up a spill you name it they help in any way they can! Even the administrator is on the floors offering a hand with a smile on her face !!
Think twice before you apply
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 4, 2017
As a former employee, I would honestly say do not work for this company. Saber Heathcare has lost sight of what long term care facilities are here for...patient care. They are focused on the dollar only. Prior to thier acquisition of 28 NC/VA buildings, it was more of a environment that cared. Since Saber's takeover, the focus is on numbers and dollars. Administrative staff is constantly questioning your work, even as equal management. They have unrealistic expectations of you and the pay is not comparable to the work load expectations. No raises. Poor benefits. If you like feeling undermined, belittled, and incompetent, go ahead and apply.
Productive, teaching, fun
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 24, 2017
I enjoy working here. Everyone is very friendly. The management accommodates your needs and listen effectively. Co-workers are very helpful. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Mandating shifts
Pay is competitive
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 7, 2017
Staffing is an issue , orientation process is non existent so turnover for staff is very high creates problems for providing care. The building is very much in need of updating old and falling apart,
Pros
Residents, pay is decent
Cons
Management, orientation
Not A Good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCFebruary 23, 2017
The Resident to CNA Ratio is horrible. Your trained on one floor and then they move you to another floor and expect you to assist residents with whom you have no idea of the assistance level. Leave 1 CNA to 25 residents (all shifts on certain halls) and when it becomes overwhelming and management is aware of it THEY DO NOTHING to help. Some of the nurses will help CNA staff but others will not. They have a RED Dot system in place but they also use it for short staffing problems Not only for call ins. No Holiday pay, you have to use your own PTO time to get Holiday pay. The Christmas party for Staff was scheduled during Residents meal time, So any staff working could not attend. Hardly can't take breaks without getting behind on your work. Moral here is horrible. In 6 months had a huge deduction in Staff! Best advice Run Run away until NEW management is hired.
Pros
Good Pay, Pto
Cons
Management, Ratio staff to residents, No Holiday pay, Moral is horrible
The Company's Management was out of touch with the employees as well as the clients.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCFebruary 7, 2017
The Company needed to visit their homes and see exactly how the families were not getting proper care. Work closer with the staff to ensure they were properly trained.
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Not in touch with the clients needs.
Great Company to work for
RN Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 31, 2017
I have worked with Saber for 3 years and they have treated me respectfully. They care about the Residents. They have meetings that try to engage employees and have them feel involved. The only problem I have and/or seen is the Millennium Generation. They DONT WANT TO WORK. They expect to get paid high dollars to do nothing but sit and play on their phones.
Pros
So far so good
Cons
No 401K match by employer
It is a good job and it is not the worst one that I have had :)
Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Every company has its downfalls and things to hate about it but you really have to take it for what it is. I have been working here for awhile now and understand that there are things that could improve (management, communication, processes) but I also understand that this company is trying to grow and it is not my company so all I do is sit back and try and promote positivity and growth the best I can. This company is not the worst, by any means - I have worked for MUCH worse. But they could improve on some faults.. but couldn't we all ;) My advice, do your job make the decent amount of money they pay you, keep your nose out of drama and you should be fine! If not.. then don't spew hate just move on to something that fits you better.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, continuing growth and expansion, ability to move up in the company, benefits and compensation are good
Cons
communication, company wide, could improve and it would improve a lot of the issues that happen
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJanuary 17, 2017
I have worked in long term care for over 25 years and can honestly say that Saber Healthcare is one of the best companies. Working in a nursing home is hard work but extremely rewarding. Saber gives you the tools to do your job well. For those who have had negative comments need to not work in healthcare. Saber has their priorities straight - patient care first!
Pros
Great working environment
Bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 15, 2017
They don't see anything wrong when 2 new employees quit at same time.They work short for a reason, but noone wants to admit that there is a problem. New employees are talked rude to from other employees.new employees are given 25 pts. with no help & you are not trained or given information on fire plan or what to do in emergencey.......
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saber Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1