Saber Healthcare

Saber Healthcare Employer Reviews

awful
Nurses Aide (Former Employee), ScrantonSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: management, bias in 2014, so sad.
Very biased, color will forbid your advancement here. Management changes often. Work elsewhere. I DOWNGRADED MYSELF WORKING WITH SUCH A BIASED COMPANY.
A FUN PLACE TO WORK.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: to many lay offs.
I ENJOYED BEING A PART OF SOME ONES LIFE, KNOWING I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN FOR THEM.
If you value your privacy ..RUN
ex employee (Former Employee), cleveland, 44106August 6, 2014
Pros: able to work other buildings
Cons: less pay...dirty building... horrible parking
Very unprofessional HR person at Univ Manor. ..her whole family works there!!... And she tells them ALL of your personal business, salary, hours, BCI info...!!!..She doesn't even have a Associates degree. ( scary)...no ethics...no decency...no privacy... promoted from central supply to HR..what a joke! If u want your business in the streets go ahead and apply....then when your credit info is hacked, you'll wonder why... #deuces#
Recent Changes have been GREAT
Mid Level Management (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: warm, friendly work atmosphere
I have worked here long enough to see different set ups with management, and when saber health first bought us out, things were rocky. However, our current directors have given the campus a complete and MUCH needed overhaul (hence the prior comments by disgruntled staff who needed to be fired!!) They have brought on experienced, qualified staff from the frontline to the managers and under their management we passed the yearly inspection with Zero violations. It is a warm, friendly and easy going work atmosphere with our directors, it's a fun place to work and this is the first time in a long time that this team had experienced this! Our current directors show us appreciation daily, whether it be a pat on the back, random "thank you for what you do each day", or things like our staff bar-b-q recently which was a nice treat. I can't stress enough how far our communities have come! Our communities are full...this speaks for itself!
DO NOT WORK HERE-Stoudsburg, PA
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: soda machine
Cons: list is too long
Worst job I ever had .... Stroudsburg. Rude patients with crazy relatives and even crazier co-workers. Job lasted 3 weeks. Director of nursing should not have a nursing license. Impossible to do the job as its described. If you do all the required paperwork, you will never hand out a pill. "Understaffed "is being kind. Facility was almost on a provisional license due to 21 deficiencies. If you value your nursing license, dont apply here. Felt like I walked into the twilight zone each time I punched in. Total chaos from beginning of shift until end. CNAs fight with each other and nurses routinely throw each other under the bus. Its run like a hospital step down unit with about one fourth the staff. 22 patients to one nurse and the care is hospital level. RUN, dont walk, RUN AWAY
Heed These Reviews!
Management (Former Employee), OhioJuly 20, 2014
Pros: they pay decent, but they'd have to given their reputation.
Cons: too many to list, but read reviews and take them seriously.
Worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. They push blame from the top down and never realize that maybe THEY are the problem, rather than thinking that they are just making wrong hires and turning them over time and time again. They are arrogant, backstabbing, and rule with bullying tactics. The regional staff are two -faced and deceitful and will throw anyone under the bus to save their own skin or make themselves look good. This company is as bad as it gets, and if you value your sanity and self-respect, RUN!!
HEED THESE REVIEWS!
Former Employee (Former Employee), VAJuly 12, 2014
Do not work here if you value your license, your self esteem and possibly your sanity.
I wish I would have paid attention to these reviews.
The corporate culture is all about the bottom line and instilling fear into employees.
BEWARE!
LPN POSITION as health care director eliminated when census dropped in Dunellon ...BEWARE
Healthcare Director (Former Employee), Dunnellon FloridaJune 27, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: corporate cowards email your boss to let you go
Corporate spineless Parameciums,my position lasted 3 weeks census dropdown. My position was eliminated have CNA's running the place don't care about people or the patients. The positions in DunnellonFlorida are a farse. BEWARE!! The job can't be done with only one nurse in facility...impossible....They pay you salary rate for 40 hours,and you have to put in 12 hour days 5 days a week to get the job done.Then they don't pay you.
if I could give negative stars I would have....
dietary aide (Current Employee), FT Wayne, INApril 17, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: took money for breaks out of my checks even though i was not given breaks at all
I was hired into this brand new facility in October, under the assumption I was to be full time. Ha I worked one week then was cut back to part time. They say what they have to in order to get you in the door then screw you over once they have you.
The dietary manager plays favoritism and has told me numerous times how much he hates his job. Even texted his employees that they needed to work without pay because corporate was on him to cut labor. After a year of being open they can't even get census past fifty residents because of the poor care the residents receive.
If you like being lied to and working for a company that understaffs and randomly cuts hours then saber is the place the you, but if you want a stable job then run far far away from this company.
Management and staff working together to create an environment of great customer service
Resident Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Clayton, NCApril 15, 2014
a typical day at work would start at 8:00am and would involve assessments, staff issues, and family concerns. The most enjoyable part of my day would be to knowing I am helping to make a difference in my residents' life. I have worked with the geriatric population since the beginning of my healthcare career which started as a CNA. I am a great clinical nurse and this job has taught me how to become a manager. The hardest part of the job is being on call 24 hours a day for my family. My co-workers and I work together as a team.
Job security
LPN (Former Employee), Va.April 13, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
Worst company I have ever, ever worked for. Would not recommend to my DOG!
This company does NOT deserve a Whole Star
Where is the State Inspector (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: original hardworking staff, residents, some family members
Cons: no holiday pay (at this facility) i wonder y??, hostile environment, only advancement is out the door
Applicants BEWARE!!! These reviews you are reading are real and the truth. This is the Absolute Worst Company to work for. They took over the previous company a little over a year now. The Management is ridiculous the husband and wife who are the executive directors don't even speak to the staff they stay in the office with the door closed and the blinds shut they could care less about the staff or residents but pretend when families come around as if they care when they don't even know the residents names. The entire management team are friends who came from another facility that they wrecked shame on whoever hired these unprofessional people. Same thing with the Business office manager where they find her she is in everything but what she needs to so busy fraternizing on the job with the maintenance man oh yea they stay in her office with the door and blinds shut too. I guess she just doing what she see the married executives doing. The original company was perfectly fine until Saber Dontcare took over. The family members pay alot of money for their loved ones to be cared for but the level of care has went down drastically and this money hungry company is trying to increase the rates the families pay for poor quality.The residents are getting it the worst they no longer have incontinence supplies, sheets, wash cloths, etc. only thin ragedy blankets thrown over un-made beds this company is so cheap and trying to cut employees knowing the State requires a certain amount of staff per unit. They are bullying the staff giving pink slips and a last day to work and threatened that – more... if they say anything that they will deny these mistreated workers unemployment. They want u to kiss @** and If you speak your mind to these people Your Fired you can bet that. I can go on about how horrible this company is but they are not worth me wasting another second. I just hope that I can help someone before they make the mistake of accepting employment from this place. I wish someone would have told me. – less
This Company needs prayer
SLAVE (Current Employee), PetersburgMarch 6, 2014
Pros: some of the workers and residents
Cons: level of care & no appreciation
This company is very money hungry. They are making residents families pay more to live there which is causing them to complain or take there love ones out. There trying to cut back on the workers so they can save money. The residents at this facility have dementia and Alzheimer disease. They need a lot of care and attention. The mangers know this but still want to cut back on the workers. They don't care if the residents get hurt, pass out or let alone die. As long as the're getting money rolling in the're fine. The mangers doesn't care about the staff either. When the ED first came she said no one was gonna lose there jobs !!! A few weeks later they firing people left to right. EVEN GOOD EMPLOYEES !!!! The DON never answers her phone when you need her and ALWAYS screws up the schedule. Sometimes she doesn't even schedule enough people and over work the ones we have. And the Business office manger is a hot mess. She walks around like a boss !!! As if she can fire us. All she does is gives orders and be in everyone's business !!! Yet our checks be wrong because she so worried about everyone else and kissing a** I honestly feel that these people are racist. They look down on us and expect us to get on our knees and work for them. And they underpay the worker's. Employees coming in the door are making way more than the ones who been there. They company don't even except doctors notes ? Tf
No team work. Lazy co-workers
Lpn (Former Employee), WaltonMarch 5, 2014
Cons: everything
Management only cares about money in their pockets. Everyone in the building is lazy and loud. Disrespectful to pts. It's every man for himself. They cut staff and wonder why there are so many in house wounds. Beware of this company.
poor
rather not say. (Former Employee), Not Ohio.March 5, 2014
Pros: wow. idk.
Cons: too many to list.
You better run better run!!!
There are some very good staff.
Most unprofessional and uncaring company I have ever worked for
Accountant (Former Employee), Bedford Heights, OhioFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: absolutely everything
This company was the biggest waste of 4 years of my life!! The CFO sucks all your blood and then expects miracles to happen!! No matter what, get it done. And while you are doing that, you must pick up extra work and have that done at the same time. While you are dying, the fat CFO is busy BS'ing in her office, sometimes even bringing her children and dog to work with her. Great!! Now we also have to entertain her kids while they come in and out of your office!! And when the company is done with you, no thank you's, we will miss you!! No, just get the hell out and don't expect unemployment!! No! We can't afford it. Really?? These are ppeople's lives they are holding in their hands and they could care less!! Take my words for it, don't EVER work there!!
Money hungry company
nurse (Current Employee), lillington ncFebruary 16, 2014
Cons: do not care about anything but $$$$
Our company was bought out by Saber about a year ago. The company built a brand new facility and in 3 months most original staff gone. Corporate comes in and bullies all staff into making sure they make a huge profit. CNA's have up to 14 resident on first shift. They do not care about the employees or the patients. New facility may be closed by state once they come in and see how this company cares about patients. Pressure ulcers, no infection control, falls
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD -UPPER MANAGEMENT A CANCER
VICTIM (Former Employee), NCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: privilige of working with residents
Cons: too numerous to list....omg
This company is brand new to AL-Memory Care. They have been in skilled with a poor track record, per on-line reviews. Their MO is they buy up, build or lease exsisting buildings like Pac Man and then expect the buildings to be FULL in an instant. Policy, prices, proceedures all plagiarized from another well known AL company; changes like the wind with knee jerk methodology.
The company hires VP's that are flunkies from other AL companies who bring in MINIONS from their former companies and replace current hard working ones with them. This company hires the cheapest clinical staffs they can get and resident care has been sacrificed. Residents move out faster than they come in. Can you say NEXT? If you reveal areas of inadequacy or former resident complaint letters you are called a whistle blower and your days are even more numbered. Employees are fired faster than the ink can dry on the applications. One is not allowed to do their job but yet ordered around like a robot.

The company culture is one of cut throat, intimidation, verbal abuse and harassmen; i.e. HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT. Everyone is encouraged to "throw" another employee under the bus to keep in good graces with the tyrant at the VP level.
Regional Nurse uses phrases such as "w_ _ _ e bath" to describe services for resident care, says mean horrible things to the residents with memory issues who cant tell their families what was said to them to make them comply....on and on...wonder if that nurse would want someone talking to his-her loved one that way?

This company allows racial comments to be made by upper management – more... without any consequences, offers no training, no leadership and allows the inmates to run the asylum. It is a house of cards about to FOLD.

If you HAVE NO INTEGRITY, DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE, WILL CUT ANYONE'S THROAT TO MAKE REGIONAL OR KEEP YOUR JOB...THEN THIS COMPANY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU...JUST REMEMBER, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

EEOC would have to shut down from violation overload if they ever investigated this company! – less

January 3, 2015

This comapny is a evil. Their fav MO is when an employee gives verbal notice before they can put it in writing Saber says they were terminated...they boast "no unemployment" befefits paid out. The company is all about HALLA FOR THE DOLLA, they woship money. The turnover at the new locations they have LEASED, NOT OWNED AS THEY TRY TO CLAIM, is off the richter scale...if you have morals, integrity, etc. they run you off. The Clayton location is now on its what...4 th ED, 5th Marketing Director, they hire and foster BULLIES, CONTROL FREAK ED'S.... If you are evil, would sell your own mother for a dollar, then apply and accept..... WHAT GOES AROUND WILL COME AROUND....

worst nrsg job ever had
lpn (Current Employee), PainesvilleOctober 30, 2013
Pros: easy paycheck
Cons: everything
On facility in Painesville treats some of its nurses VERY unfairly in giving hours! The brownosers and a**kissers get ALL.the hours. They could care less that I have bills too
Would love the State to come in on 11-7 shift so they can. Catch one LPN. Playing on her Ipad cause she said she is so "bored"!Imagine that! She is the worst snitch. I hope I have some better luck soon .I do my job well that is one thing for sure.
Avoid if you don't want to lose your license!!!!
Rehab therapist (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHAugust 3, 2013
Pros: what pros???
Cons: extremely poor management!!
This very unethical Mickey Mouse company will stop at nothing for sake of the bottom line dollar sign- Even including falsifying tx billing!!! Then they expect 90% productive results and do not support or listen to employee concerns or suggestions when difficulties arise in patient care!!! So if you complain they just find reasons to fire you!!! Yadda. Yadda yadda........They need to be reported on grounds of unethical and false practices!!!!