SABIC Innovative Plastics Employee Reviews in United States

Overall a good place to work
Senior Analyst, Site Training (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 22, 2016
I have learned a lot working in a manufacturing supportive roles. Each unit has it's own needs and focus which can be challenging to implement a standard across site.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
It is difficult to achieve your goals without knowing the unit's first.
worldwide customer driven company, striving for top quality product
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAMarch 11, 2016
Changing over and cleaning production machines for custom plastics compounds. Striving for top quality material. Management was knowledgeable in helping with problems and co-workers where friendly and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was overcoming raw material problems and machine breakdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people.
Pros
Safety training, benefits and healthecare.
Cons
Dusty dirty work environment. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Great learning environment for a young engineer
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 9, 2016
The company did not shy away from giving young engineers relevant projects that are more than simple secretary work. It was a great environment for learning and growth with supportive management and colleagues.
Sabic ip
Research & Development Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 11, 2015
My days were very rewarding and full energy. My coworkers were very upscale and always fun to be around. Our projects made the time at the R/D center go fast and to know that our work was going on to make things better for our customers and the world around us . My managers always were always part of the team in ever project we had.In finishing the hardest part of my day was when we had comlpeted our given assignments.
Pros
group lunch, group meetings
Cons
getting layed off
Good company to work for
Process Engineer - Full Time CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALOctober 23, 2015
Good introduction to polycarbonate processing, put forth tools necessary to complete job requirements, great work environment and personnel
Good Overall Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Good Benefits, Good Work/Family Balance; Good long term vision. Changing organizational structure, however, every 2 years creates execution challenges.
KSA Management very good
Global Procurement Business Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaSeptember 10, 2015
There was a very large disconnect between US upper Management and KSA Management.

I had dotted line reporting to US Management which was challenging.

I was always busy. There were many work force reductions so I was essentially doing 2 jobs.
Pros
co-worker relationships
Cons
disconnect among Management in US vs. Saudi Arabia
Great workplace
Administrator - Information Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 13, 2015
A great place to work with good benefits, training opportunities, and job advancement. There is an affinity group for women and one for young professionals which makes it easy to interact with leadership.
Pros
Training and employee development
Cons
Not a supportive HR environment for non-exempt employees
Polite, Professional & Easy Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 27, 2015
I scan confidential paper documents and create a folder on the network for anyone in the company to view. Accuracy and precision is ever important in my detailed computer work. I have learned that some companies require a professional and polite atmosphere and will not tolerate anything less. My supervisors are kind, considerate and very willing to do whatever it takes to help me do my job more efficiently. My co-workers are pleasant and treat me like a family member and there is always someone there to open a door for you or greet you with a warm hello. The hardest part of this job is the walk from the parking lot. I truly do not have any complaints.
Pros
Always free food in the break room
a very great place to work
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  BURKEVILLE, ALABAMAJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed my job very much at general electric and they sold the entire division to SABIC.
Being a Shift Supervisor was very exciting and really keeps you busy.
Operations Team Leader-Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 5, 2014
A typical day as Sabic Innovative Plastics is fun and exciting.
assembly
assembly (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INOctober 17, 2014
I had to assemble the good pastic pieces from the bad. bad pieces had to go in bins and be counted for. the good pieces went into the box and got labeled and shipped out
Pros
every holiday we were off and great benefits
Cons
short breaks, and no air
Sabic Innovative Plastics
Reliability Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Very much enjoyed working for Sabic IP. Paid really well and enjoyed all the people at the Burkville site. Learned project management skills and how to work well with others to succeed with a project.,
Pros
free lunches often
Cons
bad locations of plant sites
Great place to work-- employees are very open and willing to help.
Product Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INSeptember 15, 2014
Great place to work-- employees are very open and willing to help.
Pros
great people to work with, international engagement
Cons
company has trouble saying no to activities with low business value, management is disengaged with actual work requirements
loved this job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYSeptember 3, 2014
job was excellent. Compensation was very good. They really acknowledged their employees and their hard work. If it had not been so far away from where I was residing, I would have not left.
Pros
everything
This is a fantastic company to work for
Chemical Operations Process Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, NYJuly 27, 2014
Sabic Innocative Plastics does a phenomenal job at making each employee feel like they are part of a family. The Work/Life balance is one of the most positive aspects of the culture at Sabic. Team building events, sports, social gatherings, and more are organized and encouraged on a weekly basis.

In the plant, everyone is hard driven to complete projects in a high quality manner. And even higher priority than project deliverables is individual safety. Weekly safety meetings are conducted to reinforce the notion that there are dangers associated with working in a chemical plant.

Between the positive cultural attitude, strive for individual and plant safety, and expectation of high quality output, Sabic is a very successful and desirable company to be a part of.
Pros
many company paid events. good rotational program for entry level engineers
Productive workplace with good employee relationships
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALMay 5, 2014
The typical day at SABIC involved early morning daily production meeting, maintenance scheduling review, and review of any issues that occurred that previous night during nigh shift. Depending on the day I would then have meetings set up for various projects I was working on either with SABIC employees or off site vendors, or I would work on trouble shooting my assignments and working with operations and maintenance teams to come of with the most effective solution. If I was graced with some free time I would walk around the plant inspecting systems I was not as familiar with to have a better understanding of them.

From my experience I learned about with a production/process engineer did day in and day out. I was able to work on projects ranging from a few thousand to multimillion dollar projects. I learned about process equipment including relief valves, pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, and various other pieces of equipment on site. I learned that the maintenance and operations teams are the people that run the plant and having a good relationship with them can make your job a lot easier.

Our management was very informative and worked with us on becoming better process engineers by looking at the big picture of projects and scopes of work, effectively working with others of multiple different personality types, and coming up with solutions that safely improve the facility.

Our co-workers came in a variety of different personality and class types. It was a great way to learn to work with a wide range of people and also learned that these people can make my job a lot easier.
  more... This was one of the most valuable experiences.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with maintenance scheduling that would put some of my projects behind schedule. This was a good way for me to learn to work with the scheduler to make sure all of my projects were not slipping under the rug and being installed in a timely manner.

My most enjoyable part was actually have big time responsibility and professionals depending on my knowledge of projects to get very expensive projects completed. I enjoyed the pressure and learned a great deal from it.
Good comfortable place to Work
Internal Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 20, 2014
Pros:
Great place to work, flexible team, ability to work from home on occasion, Co-workers are considerate and pleasant, security building, SABIC is family oriented and makes for a great work-life, safety is a major priority of SABIC, exposure to a global environment.

Cons:
SABIC is somewhat unknown in the U.S., compensation is average with comparable companies, (but the trade off is a great health plan), sometimes it seems like there are alot of position changes making it difficult to nail down processes and who to communicate with.
Fun, sucessful, company
College Internship: IT Project Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
Worked as a intern many years ago. Company was growing rapidly while I was there. They had a good culture that challenged their employees.
Productive and positive workplace
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Exton,PaFebruary 8, 2013
A great Company to work for wonderful work environment management is top notch.
Pros
great benefits and great pay

4.3