SABIC Innovative Plastics Employee Review

View all SABIC Innovative Plastics reviews

Excellent work environment with some cultural challenges with upper Management.
Direct Materials Procurement Leader (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, NYJanuary 11, 2013
I have had wonderful opportunities in the roles I have had at SABIC. My work day is very fast-paced. I work with many cross-functional teams on process improvement, negotiating pricing with suppliers, etc. I love the people I work with. The hardest part of the job has been dealing with personnel issues but I have learned a great deal and ultimately it has made me a stronger Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I work with the best people in the business. It's very refreshing to want to come to work every day.
Pros
some job flexibility

Other SABIC Innovative Plastics Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Wastewater Process Chemical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Work involved design of a new facility in China, modifying the existing plant processes with new technology. Completed process studies to determine new technology and revised flow sheet and P&IDs.
A Very old clique type environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYDecember 21, 2017
You got to be in the clique, in order to last at Selkirk. The workforce is an old established aging workforce. The site uses a rotating work schedule that is difficult to become accoustomed to. The site uses Shift leaders for supervisors, they are cutthroat Forman.
Pros
Average pay
Cons
12 hr days are common, working holidays