SABIC Innovative Plastics Employee Reviews

Progressive culture room for rotation
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  HuntersvilleJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time with SABIC. My managers were very helpful and happy to allow me to work alongside different teams while I was employed. This allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to run an efficient supply chain.
Head in the other direction
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALDecember 28, 2016
Company has a very racist uderculture. They don't pay well and expect a lot from their employees. The better you are, the more work they want to give you and the less the pay you. If you are a minority, don't expect much here
very good
INFO SECURITY ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2016
It was a great place to work I enjoyed most days. I had an internship with the supply chain department everyone in my department were great and easy to work with.
Corporate environment
Executive Secretary, VP Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 10, 2016
Typical fortune 500 company
Great colleagues - former GE
Good leadership and management
Good compensation and benefits - kept a lot of the GE benefits
It's Complicated
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 9, 2016
The company has a long-term vision, but change is very slow and the leadership is risk-adverse to a fault. There are great talent people and the desire to spend money on developing talent, capital investments and long-term R&D. They are challenged by having too many game-changing projects at once.
Pros
Great Global environment to learn from, excellent C&B
Cons
Bureaucracy leads to slow change
I could have not done better for a place of employment for 40 years
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 28, 2016
Being a nervous young man fresh from the service i remember my first day. I loved the people I worked with and also loved my job. So many good stories. I hope the placed fulfills everyone there like it did me
Productive site with many close-knit veterans in the work force
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALMay 16, 2016
Good environment for co-op students to learn about the industry. Heavy industrial environment with many hazards to be aware of (e.g. chemical, mechanical, electrical, heights, etc.); as a result the site placed a strong emphasis on continuous safety training and reminders. The site is 30 years old and aging in some places but still manages to be productive thanks to a veteran work force, and their safety record was impressive (in 30 years of operation, I only heard of a single life-changing injury). Nearly every person I worked with was friendly and willing to help with my own projects, especially if the project impacted the operation of the unit as a whole.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, safety program, friendly work force, 24/7 site operation (different work times)
Cons
Different units have differing philosophies at times, getting multiple operation units on the same page was often difficult
worldwide customer driven company, striving for top quality product
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAMarch 11, 2016
Changing over and cleaning production machines for custom plastics compounds. Striving for top quality material. Management was knowledgeable in helping with problems and co-workers where friendly and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was overcoming raw material problems and machine breakdowns. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people.
Pros
Safety training, benefits and healthecare.
Cons
Dusty dirty work environment. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Fun work place
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Thorndale pa.June 9, 2016
A good place to work with good people and enjoyable atmosphere. The coworkers were honest and trustworthy.I learned how to run a plastic extruder and forklift.
Overall a good place to work
Senior Analyst, Site Training (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 22, 2016
I have learned a lot working in a manufacturing supportive roles. Each unit has it's own needs and focus which can be challenging to implement a standard across site.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
It is difficult to achieve your goals without knowing the unit's first.
Great learning environment for a young engineer
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 9, 2016
The company did not shy away from giving young engineers relevant projects that are more than simple secretary work. It was a great environment for learning and growth with supportive management and colleagues.
Sabic ip
Research & Development Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 11, 2015
My days were very rewarding and full energy. My coworkers were very upscale and always fun to be around. Our projects made the time at the R/D center go fast and to know that our work was going on to make things better for our customers and the world around us . My managers always were always part of the team in ever project we had.In finishing the hardest part of my day was when we had comlpeted our given assignments.
Pros
group lunch, group meetings
Cons
getting layed off
KSA Management very good
Global Procurement Business Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaSeptember 10, 2015
There was a very large disconnect between US upper Management and KSA Management.

I had dotted line reporting to US Management which was challenging.

I was always busy. There were many work force reductions so I was essentially doing 2 jobs.
Pros
co-worker relationships
Cons
disconnect among Management in US vs. Saudi Arabia
Very productive and safe workplace with kind coworkers
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMay 24, 2016
Every day was an array of testing that I had to run from samples that came in hot off the production line. The most common test was running melt viscosities on extrusion plastometers and using FtIR and pulse NMR to quantify contents of sample. Occasionally helped supervisor with audit information and systems data input as well as performed repeat tests on customer complaint material. There was occasionally a bit of downtime if there were problems in the production team, but for the most part it was a busy day with no sitting going from test to test. Management was very friendly and good people you could get along with and carry a conversation with. Coworkers were very helpful when any sort of problem arose in the work day and were very friendly to speak with. The hardest part of the job was having to drive an hour to and an hour back from work. This added up to 10 hours per week at least. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned from this job that it doesn't matter how good or high paying a job is if you can't get along with your co workers. I was lucky to have very friendly coworkers and managers.
Pros
very friendly workplace with great coworkers and friendly managers
Cons
If a day was a bit slow or production was down, the day went by slower
Polite, Professional & Easy Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 27, 2015
I scan confidential paper documents and create a folder on the network for anyone in the company to view. Accuracy and precision is ever important in my detailed computer work. I have learned that some companies require a professional and polite atmosphere and will not tolerate anything less. My supervisors are kind, considerate and very willing to do whatever it takes to help me do my job more efficiently. My co-workers are pleasant and treat me like a family member and there is always someone there to open a door for you or greet you with a warm hello. The hardest part of this job is the walk from the parking lot. I truly do not have any complaints.
Pros
Always free food in the break room
Great workplace
Administrator - Information Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJuly 13, 2015
A great place to work with good benefits, training opportunities, and job advancement. There is an affinity group for women and one for young professionals which makes it easy to interact with leadership.
Pros
Training and employee development
Cons
Not a supportive HR environment for non-exempt employees
Good comfortable place to Work
Internal Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 20, 2014
Pros:
Great place to work, flexible team, ability to work from home on occasion, Co-workers are considerate and pleasant, security building, SABIC is family oriented and makes for a great work-life, safety is a major priority of SABIC, exposure to a global environment.

Cons:
SABIC is somewhat unknown in the U.S., compensation is average with comparable companies, (but the trade off is a great health plan), sometimes it seems like there are alot of position changes making it difficult to nail down processes and who to communicate with.
Great place to work; great benefits; various job opportunities
Traffic/Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, WVOctober 2, 2012
At the start of my day, I visually checked the location of railcars that came on site throughout the day and railcars that were loaded/emptied through the day. Prepared railcar shipping report to fax to CSX. I printed bills of lading to ship loaded railcars. Coordinated loading and shipping of bulk trucks. Maintained accurate inventory levels. Covered various jobs in my department since I was the area vacation relief person. I liked the variety of my job and learning all area jobs.
Pros
ability to move around and do various jobs.
Cons
none.
A company dedicated to completing their goals
Information Management Development Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAApril 27, 2012
A typical day at work involved a morning call with my boss to discuss what we needed to do for the day. Then I would work on contacting owners of applications to test in a virtual environment with the company's new global image for laptops and desktops. There would usually be a meeting during the day with the global team that were working on other aspects of the project. The hardest part of the job was having my boss in a different location, however I learned to coordinate with him via phone, email, and the office instant messaging system. The best part of the job was working across different functions of the company which gave me a broader understanding of the company as a whole.
Good company to work for
Process Engineer - Full Time CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Burkville, ALOctober 23, 2015
Good introduction to polycarbonate processing, put forth tools necessary to complete job requirements, great work environment and personnel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SABIC Innovative Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3