Sabre Industries, Inc.

Sabre Industries, Inc. Employer Reviews

fabricator/welder
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 26, 2015
Sabre is a great company its just they have numerous of lay-offs per year. ive inspected products before proceeding with my task and ive also instructed others on constructing buildings.
Average company
Support Quality Control Director (Current Employee), Sioux City, IAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits - great days off
Support the Quality Control Director with detailed reporting of quality metrics. Document control that ensures quality products are delivered to the customer.
OFS Review
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Ellwood City, PAJanuary 14, 2015
I loved working for this company! I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with. I was able to advance very quickly in this company. I started out as a general laborer and moved up to a machine operator. From there I soon became a shift supervisor there. We also had a unique and busy work schedule. working 8 hour swing shifts through out the week and working 12 hour shifts on the weekend. The schedule was 19 days on 2 days off. I left eh company because I moved up to shift supervisor which put me in charge of 6 people including myself. The added responsibility was easy for me to handle. The problem though was i had received no added compensation. After a machine bowing up and almost taking the life of 3 co workers I left the company. I can elaborate on the incident in detail upon request.
Casual workplace with family atmosphere
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Bossier City, LA.January 4, 2015
Pros: excellent coworkers and health benefits
Cons: lack of work
I enjoyed going to work each day. I would come in and greet my office-mate and make a cup of coffee then begin my work for the day. I enjoyed my coworkers, we all excelled at our particular jobs and cross-trained in order to cover for one another when needed. Unfortunately, we had a lack of work that forced layoffs.
treated us with respect
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Ellwood City, PAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: pulled out and left
made a lot of unfulfilled promises were not concerned about the time spent to further employ skills and education hardest part of job was staying up with all their changes in paperwork and procedures. Co-workers were good and very helpful and professional.The most enjoyable part of job learning UT
There was nothing fun there, just working.
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Alvarado, TXJuly 24, 2014
Inspected and make sure parts measurements and parts dimensions and level and correct and match the same on the blue prints.
Physically challenging workplace with good job security.
Mechanical Team Leader (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAJune 9, 2014
Pros: good job security and fair career advancements.
Cons: work environment can be extreme and harsh at times.
People are fun to work with. Management is fairly poor. It is a physically demanding job involving the production area but life and work balance is fair. Pay could be better.
Productive and fun working
Senior Field Service - HVAC (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2014
Productive and fun working. • Maintenance,troubleshooting and new installiation of HVAC Equipments on the field for the western region.
Highly Unsafe!
Saw Operator (Former Employee), Alvarado, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: hmmmmm its a paycheck
Cons: everything lol
Go Go Go!!! They preach safety but then expect you to do anything and everything that will hurt you. Multiple injuries almost everyday and even a death while I was employed there. Pay not the greatest and benefits don't exist.
Young company with a lot upside
SAFEY MANAGER/ SITE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2014
Pros: capital and experience
Cons: unforseable slow months and lack of good leadership
Taking the telecommunication industry by a storm, Sabre is a young company with a lot capital and tower industry knowledge behind it. Its only down fall has been its learning curve of the new technology and the ever changing project schedule set backs. If they can endure slow times and keep quality employees around, Sabre should have no problem asserting themselves as a big player in the telecommunication industry.
Terrible work Environment, Inept leadership, Play favorites
Fitter/Welder/Material handler (Former Employee), Ellwood City, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: decent starting pay, overtime
Cons: terrible medical coverage, horrible leadership, bad work environment, sub par benefits, freezing cold, do not provide welding jackets or hoods, inept management system
Sabre Industries is by far one of the worse places I have worked at. Ever. The work itself wasn't bad by any means and some of the lead men and supervisors actually knew what they were doing. The worse part about the job is upper management, especially the plant manager. I worked there from the months of December 2013 to February 2014, and during that short amount of time, they moved me from Fitting to Welding then to Material Handling and cut my pay.

The one thing that really makes this job terrible is the management. They play favorites, have no idea what their talking about and generally pester you all throughout the day then blame you for not getting much of anything done.

Sabre Industries has a terrible working environment, being freezing cold during the winter months as they're too cheap to get proper heaters and they don't provide you with welding hoods or jackets nor compensate your expenses. My co-workers were friendly at least, full of knowledgeable people who share their experience and help you out when you have a question that needs answered.

The hardest part of the job was having to put up with the plant manager incessantly hounding me throughout the day like he had nothing better to do with his time. The only truly enjoyable part of my job was clocking out at the end of the day.

If you get a job offer from Sabre Industries in Ellwood City PA, turn it down. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Good pay, no benefits, poor management
Tower Top Hand (Current Employee), Washington and UtahJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: high pay
Cons: poor management
Made to many friends with this company, i saw countless beautiful places and learned a LOT. But this company is not made for me. I want certain benefits and a certain kind of company. I want more professionalism.
Fast paced cellular tower manufacturing.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Bossier City, LADecember 10, 2013
Pros: cool saftey glasses.
Cons: pro longing the hiring of full time employees.
Assembled cable tray and mounted it in building. Learned to run grounding system in building along with crew members its fairly easy and its fun talking about sports with co workers.
good pay, hard work
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Minn, MnNovember 27, 2013
Growing, competitive company. Fast Paced, steady employment.
Poor safety and management
Fitter and Welder (Former Employee), Ellwood City, PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: bad safety and working hours
The safety at this place isn't good, and the management was dishonest about working hours.
good job
General Labor (Former Employee), Alvarado, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: pay too litle
Good place to work the only thing that could be better would be a little more pay
Department Assistant
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKApril 18, 2013
Pros: casual dress.
Cons: never see benefits. not enough work to keep one busy.
This job is open every 30 days. They hire you and then let you go after your first 30 days. They are not a busy office as they say, I had to search for things to keep me busy. I was very disappointed in the way they did me. Let me go after 30 days which I assume was because they do not want to give anyone benefits. I was capable of doing so much more than they gave me to do all of which I had to ask for things to do. Extremely boring job. If you like twidling your thumbs and occassionally answering the phone you will love this job. Takes no brain.
Productive Learning Experience
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Alvarado, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: flexible with needing to leave early, etc
Cons: not a lot of training provided
Typical day is pretty hectic, constantly recruiting for welders and other manufacturing postiions.

Everyone is pretty friendly, willing to help out others.

Wasnt a whole lot of training when first put into the role.

Most enjoyable part is the people, everyone is nice and helpful.
Decent money, but no life except work/sleep.
welder (Current Employee), Sioux City, IAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: paid weekly, time and half over 40
Cons: one 15 minute break 1st 7 hrs each day, dangerous environment, poor air qaulity, health insurance over $400 a month for family of 2 or 10, management will never ask if they can do anything to help make your job better ever
Tough place to work. 11 hr days 6 days a week mandatory and every other Sunday. 5am to noon, one 15 minute break before lunch. Dangerous place to work, poles weigh several thousand pounds and are moved constantly. Chain or strap break could kill you instantly. Air quality very poor. Ask for a plant tour before accepting job so you know what you are getting into.

About Sabre Industries, Inc.

As one of the leading producers of highly engineered products & services for both the electric transmission & wireless – Read more

Sabre Industries, Inc. Photos