Sabre Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people.
Inventory Worker (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJune 16, 2017
If you need work and you apply for a position they are willing to hire you if you seem eager and need a job, but don't expect to get the compensation for doing the job that you would be accustomed to. The people are great if you put in the hours and show that your dedicated to doing your job. My experience has been unique since my position interacts with all departments of the company and my work is seen by executives and production personnel alike. The experience you gain and the responsibilities you take on will help with moving on to another company that will pay you what you are worth. I really like working here and have made great professional contacts, but to raise a family on the wages they offer is the main reason why I have to move on. Good luck.
Pros
Long hours, low pay, and health insurance at $75 per week.
Cons
The pay, vacation time accrual, and incompentent workforce.
Worse place to work ever
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJune 2, 2017
upper management the worse you can imagine. HR department horrible. Hourly worker work long hours and the conditions are very poor. They are treated like dirt, turnover is very high 60%+. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
far away from metro area.
Sabre
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXMay 31, 2017
You don't get to spend much time with your family and they keep dropping the pay scale, yet they complain about losing a million dollars a year in employee turnover.
Steady work
Fittr welder (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXApril 10, 2017
Stay busy and productive. produce products according to specs. Fun place to work. Lots of hours but good compensation. Strong industry with lots of work and room to advance in the company.
Pros
Steady work. Good benifets.
Cons
Lots of hours
Had to move to Wisc. due to family problems.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2017
Loved the place, had great relations with all fellow Employees, weather was fab city had everything one needed to make life enjoyable. All the sports teams anyone could follow.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 19, 2017
Became one of the family quickly and have enjoyed many years of employment.

A fast paced environment with a management team that can turn the business on a dime. Folks pull together to make the business successful.
Pros
Company has a family feel to it.
Cons
Tough environment if you are tender-hearted.
Life sucking, demoralizing, unprofessional,
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 15, 2017
Unprofessional management, favoritism, disorganized, high turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is the lack of organization and management. Co-workers positive.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
The bad people you remember more so than the good ones.
Good job with decent pay
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Good job decent pay and good insurance for employees and family's plenty of work to do so you don't get sent home to much which is good and the people are very freindly
Good company & Good people
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 31, 2016
I work night shift, and I love everything about it. The job is awesome, and everyone is more than willing to help out, even your bosses will go the extra mile to help you out.
Good Company
Supervisor Lead (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXDecember 8, 2016
Good company to work for. Benefits are great.But due to purchase of competitor there were massive lay offs. Also you didn't have a great balance between work and home life
Not the best work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXNovember 10, 2016
Working here was more on the down side then upside, a lot of confusion and not very many answers, the work to pay ratio is way off, and management was really greedy and selfish, very little recognition and a few cents raise after 3 months
Pros
Off by 330 pm
Cons
Short breaks, management, pay, safety
co-workers are good but management is going down hill.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 18, 2016
I would work 10 hour days. The job was not hard at all. Management made this harder than it should be. The turn around there is insane. Seems like there is a new face every week. They seem to be trying to cut cost but demanding more from there employees. Leading to people quitting or getting hurt.
Productive and always have something for you to do
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 12, 2016
Basic welds, even a kid could work there. Just have to weld telecom poles and know how to measure and read fillets. Super hot job and crazy hours!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Night hours
Enjoyed my Job While it lasted.
Install/Pre-Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 25, 2016
Worked whenever asked.Learned new task everyday due to nobody else knew how I was doing what my responsibility was.
Everyday was something that needed to be completed but I was the only one that would figure it out.
Do not apply
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 24, 2016
First off, they pay is okay. And the only reason it is okay, is because of the OT you're forced to work. You'll work 50 hours per week minimum. Paid weekly which is nice. No raises after the initial certifications. Skill based pay which means no scheduled raises. Breaks were taken away. So now you'll be there for 11 hours per day with only two 10 minute breaks. Plus lunch break. Any person with any type of power (managers) have a fall in line or get the h#||out type attitude. I had an African American boss who used racial terms during an argument towards me and I took it to HR. I had FOUR witnesses which they interviewed and took statements and they did absolutely nothing about it. HR does not have your back at all. And by going to HR there will be retaliation. Leads, managers whoever yell at you to get back to work as you're walking back in from your break. Everybody will talk down to you. You're nothing but a number. If you haven't been there for 10+ years you're nobody and will be disposed of eventually. The only two good thing I can say about this company is being paid weekly, and coworkers are very cool. Only a few more days until I'm free. Found a better job.
Pros
Paid weekly, great coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else. Two breaks during the 11 hours you're there. You're a number.
Sucks
Maintenance tech class c (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 8, 2016
They promise then take away.we were told about raises then nobody gets them we exceeds expections but not good enough for a raise. No family life at all no advancement just sucks period
Cons
This place will drag you down to the ground
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 20, 2016
I have worked in other manufacturering companies but, never have I been treated so poorly, terrible management they expect you to work all the time with no family time. Poor working conditions. Pay is sub-par if that. I would not even consider this place, still have friends working there, they even say it is going down the tubes.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, family life, pay
There is a reason why they are always hiring.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 13, 2016
I can not recommend this company to anyone looking for a future. I witnessed countless very good employees slowly derail because of destructive top down management starting with the V.P. of Operations to floor management. Sabre runs a beat down authoritarian style operation that destroys good employees. HR department will never have your back, speaking with them about your concerns will cause your demise. They are always looking for employees because good ones quit weekly and good ones are terminated weekly. Highest employee turnover I have ever been a part of. Sabre advertises for help daily on every medium from newsprint, television, radio, internet, and job fairs because they are running out of prospects because of their poor reputation. The best advice I can give you is to speak with former employees and there are hundreds in Sioux City and ask them about their experience working at Sabre.
Productive and respectful working enviroment
EH&S Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 3, 2016
Ensure that Safety systems are used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents. Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and met. Ensures that all EPA and OSHA compliance and regulations are followed. Conduct training of all new employees. Reviews all employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability and identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training efforts. Conduct First Aid treatment if needed.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if my job is secure from one month to the next.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping employees stay safe.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
High benefits cost, Job security
work is steady
Id Tag Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Alvarado, TXJanuary 23, 2016
A very high production minded place of work. You can expect to work overtime and most weekends. good benefits and the other employees are easy to work for. If you are bilingual this place needs more of that for communication purposes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sabre Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9