Sabre

Sabre Employer Reviews

Reservation Sales Not as fun as Sabre sells it.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), TexasMarch 16, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: low pay, lack of respect from mgt, no opportunity
The job was/is to sell luxury hotel rooms at the finest properties around the world. My training didn't prepare me for what was ahead of call logging and emails plus never given the right script. The pressure to learn the sales pitch plus 700 hotels with low compensation and no weekends off was high. Plus, equipment/software issues daily. Management said we contacted IT. I called IT and they stated they never heard from management. Finally, team members were being terminated and disciplined by two different policies at the same time.
Quality Assurance
Quality Assuramce (Former Employee), TXMarch 9, 2015
Good, More than 8 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance.Expertise in performing various types of manualtestingincludingUnit tests, Integration tests, System tests, User Acceptance tests, Functional tests, Regression tests, White box tests, Black box tests, SOAP and Performance tests.
Good work life balance
Principal Consultant (Current Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Allows working from home one day a week

Provides a lot of opportunity for career advancement

Keeps an open door for those that leave and want to come back

Can be demanding, but those that work hard are generally noticed and promoted quickly
Decent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 26, 2015
It is a decent place to work, the people are great but any commitment to the company is not repayed. Focus has gone away from the people and keeping talent to the bottom line dollar
Sabre is a solid company to work for
PRODUCT MANAGER, Decision Support Services (Current Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: stable, good management
Cons: lower compenstation levels relative to technology industry
Sabre culture is reasonably good. The company is well established but is going through a transition from pure GDS into product/service/technology company. There is no guarantee it will execute right on it but it still has enough cash generating part of the business that can help it get there if it executes right. It also needs to move from mostly air into more diversified supply marketplace. But, the vision of the executive team is fairly good, the time will tell if it is going to execute on it.

Things in how the company is managed are changing in last 2-3 years. More young people are choosing to work for the company and new technologies (e.g. Big Data, UIX, mobile) are being pursued. The management is fairly stable and there is a good balance between people being promoted from within vs. people being brought from outside (it used to be mostly form within).
Not Again
Sr Principal (Current Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: poor management
Cons: descent pay
Management issues. Repeated Layoffs some with quotas for rating employees below par. Bias towards certain groups of individuals. However, good Compensation and Benefits. Reduce headcount to stay within budget. Prefer 'yes' people rather than healthy debate. People generally very good. More process and procedure than work.
Great Place to work, fun enviroment
Call Center Reservation Agent (Current Employee), SouthLakE, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: leadership
making dreams come true one reservation at a time. laid back fun good hours
Wonderful mashup of technology and travel
Vice President (Current Employee), Southlake TexasNovember 26, 2014
Pros: industry and people
Cons: speed of technology delviery
Sabre operates in two of the most exciting industries contemporaneously -- both technology and travel. It has a fun environment that is undergoing some meaningful changes in its leadership design and culture.

Having spent many years there, I have a love of both the people and its business. And, I thoroughly have enjoyed the challenges that faces an intermediary business.
Working Culture is nice
Sr. Performance Analyst (Current Employee), texasNovember 16, 2014
flexible timings and small regular events which makes you feel relaxed
Sabre is a very good place to work with. People are very friendly and fun loving. Flexible timings and Management is also good.
N/A
Business Operations and Planning - Principle (Former Employee), Southlake, TXOctober 29, 2014
This is a good company to work for and has a lot of opportunities to move around.
Productive and fun workplace
Chief Architect Consultant, Sabre Dev Studio (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2014
Innovate to make travel easy!

Fun environment with talented team
Good company with challenging problems
Crew Management (Current Employee), Southlake, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Have flexibility and good work/life balance, challenges to be solved are unique for travel industry. Recent transformation and bringing in new leaders from outside are de-motivating for mid-management there with no growth opportunities. Outside of this, it's been a great company to work and grow up in past 12 years.
Casual and fun place to work
Reservations Agent/Inbound Call center (Current Employee), West Lake, TexasSeptember 20, 2014
Fun Place to work, great benefits, and good commute and location
Year 2000 Software Developer/ Senior Project Manager
Area of Information Technology Program Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: successful project completion
Cons: sale of sabre to eds.
Typical - Initially a year 2000 software developer. Quickly moved back to Project Manager

Learned - Preferred to Lead projects rather than to fall back on following other Project Managers.

Management - receptive.

Co-workers - Professional. Supportive.

Hardest - The air conditioner in the Trinity Building in Dallas Texas

Most enjoyable - Successful project completion.
A more laid back but still satisfying job
Field Engineer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: a very enjoyable job with satisfaction in seeing immediate positive results from my efforts
Cons: satro staffed by teleservice resource employees vice american airlines employees, financial cutbacks resulted in this facility being first to be closed
As Field Engineer, I supported voice and data equipment and networks for inbound calls for the American Airlines Reservation Center located in San Antonio (SATRO) . Upon arriving for work, I would clock in and initially check my daily employee communications requirements - email, tasks, quotas, etc. Our office in the Comm Center provided administrative offices, a computer maintenance area and a TV/ break room. We would respond to Reservation Agent complaints of telephone and/or terminal malfunctions. If unable to complete an on the spot repair after troubleshooting, I would replace the defective components and returning the bad equipment to the workshop, continue troubleshooting, either completing the repair or identifying required replacement parts. On quiet nights (no customer complaints-unusual but it DOES happen), I would work on other spare telephone systems/terminals to ensure an availability of spare units to swap out in response to agent complaints. I performed periodic data backups of agent phone calls used to evaluate agent customer service performance and assist agent team leaders in resolving agent/customer conflicts.
Sabre has very flexible work culture. Sports events and regular get togethers
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexible timings and small regular events which makes you feel relaxed
Sabre Holdings Review
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: fulltime
Cons: 2 hour drive, slow progression
I was hired on to Sabre Holdings through a contractor. I never made it out of the training period before they let me go. Here's a summary of my day to day experience at Sabre.

First we start off, I get to Sabre and we sign some paper work and start training. They handed us a book of information and a folder of quiz's. I was the youngest being hired, the youngest above me was 35.
Let me first start off by saying, I learn a different way than others. I'm more of a, Do it myself/Hands on learner. Within 2 days I had completed every quiz and I had the software completely memorized. When told to do something in the software, I was the first to get it done. I even finished so fast that they had me do it another 10 times before the class caught up.
After this week of training, which the last 3 days went by incredibly slow due to the fact that I was so far ahead. We took a test to see if we had been paying attention and if we had learned the software. I finished the test in 10 minutes, compared to the 2 hours it took everyone else. I passed with a 93, the highest grade in the class.
The next week, I was on my own separate team. The training class went with a team that was more basic and I was sent to a team that was top of the line. This team had the highest scores in the call center and once again, I was so far younger than all of them.
For the next 3 days, they had me doing what is called "Buddy Jacking" which is when you simply listen and observe someone else who is taking calls.
For a total of 24 hours, all I did was sit and listen. I had memorized the properties, I had everything – more... down to a tee. I was looking to progress and there's not much progression whenever you're sitting in a chair practically doing nothing, using only the senses of hearing and seeing. I dozed off a few times, it was honestly extremely boring. I asked the manager several times if I could take a call myself, get more of a hands on experience. Each day the answer was "No." and by Thursday morning, I received a call telling me that I was let go.
The reason I was let go was not because I wasn't able to do the job. Not because I didn't know the information. They told me the reason I lost the job was due to maturity. – less
hard working enviorment
Production (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: no sitting
it was kind of a nice place to work in, the pay was good, it was easy and the guys over there were pretty nice to me. iv learn how to read a blueprint and a measuring tape. hardest part of the job was redoing a pipe just the slightest mistake and we had to do the whole thing all over again which I didn't really like.
Culture of Blame and Shame
Principal (Former Employee), Southlake. TexasJune 3, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: work environment, micro-management, employees are expendable mentality and the customer doesn't know what they want
Culture divides rather than create cohesive teams working together. Customers are only held in high esteem when Sabre is trying to get their business. Otherwise, they are a burden to be dealt with, whatever was/is promised during the sales pitch is well, not necessarily a guarantee by Sabre to fulfill. After all as one director stated "airline's don't really know what they want, they will ask for everything."
Great career challenges and opportunities
Coordinator/HR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to travel, direct report to sr vp, liasion to account team
Cons: became a part of rif with 1200 employees system-wide
Enjoyed working for Sabre.

Left as part of massive system-wide RIF: 1200 contractors first of month and another 1200 full-time regular employees end of same month due to loss of contracts

1 2 3 4

About Sabre

What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is – Read more

Sabre Salaries