Sabre Employee Reviews in United States

Good for technology-savvy airline veterans
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2016
Surprisingly large technology company serving airlines and other travel suppliers. Slow-moving compared to more contemporary tech providers, but many opportunities to move to different roles.
No work life balance
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 8, 2016
No work life balance and unorganized work.Good overall management and office.Office hours are too long which might effect the quality of life.Working s easy but timings and flexibility are difficult
Good for entry level
Confidential Secretary (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great opportunities to build your career straight from college with a global company. Advancement mid and late career is difficult as longevity is viewed as a deficit.
Pros
Great global travel opportunities
Cons
Lacks advancement opportunities mid-late career
Decent Company
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
A decent company to work for, though they are a little on the cheap side for salary. They do offer decent benefits and a good 401k match.
Pros
Holiday Party
Cons
Low Salary, Little to no incentives
Very good place
Senior IT Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
Every day is different and I'm always trying to learn and improve our systems.
I love the team work, and we are always using new technology.
Terrible Bosses, Terrible Culture
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 17, 2016
There was a history of belittling the employees that were not favored and and punishing those that were not "good enough". Management barely knew what we employees were up to and regularly ignored instructions and emails. No consideration for professional growth or development was given by management and most requests for information or guidance were ignored if you were not one of the favorites. The most difficult part of this job was trying to find a reason to care about the work since it was obvious no one from management did. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers. They were all talented people who put up with too much.
Sabre is Excellent
Contact Center Supervisor SHS (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 27, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Sabre. Excellent coworkers. Excellent benefits. Very open with ample opportunity to develop personally and professionally.
Tough environment at times
Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 27, 2016
Sabre can be a wonderful place to work, however there are a lot of morale and political issues that can also make it a difficult environment. There is certainly a 'good old boy' network in place that makes advancement difficult if you are not part of the in-crowd.
Helping owners protect their properties
Unlawful Detainer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAMay 23, 2016
Providing clients excellent customer service. Although we are not attorneys and The Eviction Center is not a law firm, based on our experience, we can advise you on what we have done to help others in similar situations.
Forward thinking industry leader
Director, Strategic Planning (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 5, 2016
Blend of entrepreneurial and big company cultures. Progressive with strong collaboration. Ability to move to different types of jobs and assignments within and across business units.
Great place to learn the travel industry
Technology Consultant, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2016
Sabre holdings is a great place to work in the travel domain. You get to solve for some of the challenges in the industry via software solutions
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2016
- Flex work life balance
- Emphasis on collaboration
- Culture depends on the team and it's management
- Salaries and bonus are less compared to industry standards
Pros
Flex work life balance
A place
Customer Service Professional in Reservation (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 27, 2016
It's okay , the co-worker are great but the moral and management is not good. The hotels are one of a kind. Great learning opportunity
Pros
learn the hotels industy
Cons
poor management
Productive, support and funplace
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Pleasured worked and nice co workers
Worked and Learned more ,, ,
Enjoyable and good place where I got nice colleagues and knowledge.
This is a great place to work with wonderful people to work with.
Lead Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I worked in the evening, We were an inbound call center for hotel reservations. Typically most days started with doing the daily reports, tracking agent stats and then handling customer service issues from the overnight and daytime crews. I was very customer service oriented so the harder ones would be saved for me. I had a knack for deescalating irate customers. I would also have to take inbound calls depending on how busy it was. I spent time almost every day coaching and talking to agents. I interfaced with our hotel customers as their main contact besides the account manager and trainer in our call center. I was well liked and respected by them. We had several groups in our call center. We had very little turn over in my group and the longest tenured agents. We also had, by far, the best attendance, as a group, in the call center. There were 12 perfect attendance agents in the entire call center last year and 10 of them were in my group of 14 agents. I wouldn't even miss work for ice storms and neither would most of my agents. My group and I took immense pride in our attendance. We had a really fun group. Agents wanted to come to work. We had a really good trainer in our group. She was a lot of fun too. We would take agents on that the other groups were ready to fire and make them into some of the most productive agents in the company. Agents really wanted to transfer into our group. I liked coming to work. It was good to see everyone. I think that was the best part. We had a good management staff that made all of this possible. It wasn't all fun.  more... There was a lot of work to do and getting it all in by the end of the day was pretty tough. The hardest part, I think, were the month end reports. The hardest part of that were the agent reports. Getting it all done in a timely manner made me pull my hair out sometimes. I'm sure I wasn't alone. I think just about everyone is squeezed for time at the end of each month Overall, a great place to work.  less
Pros
Good people to work with, beautiful grounds around the office and, most importantly, ample parking.
Cons
It was a call center so it was open 24 hrs a day 365 days a year. We had to work on holidays, nights and weekends.
No leadership or SDLC
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Sabre doesn't understand the Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Back office lead had no technical experience. I provided all of the skill to get the job done and it was an uphill struggle. In the end, the budget got cut all of a sudden and the team was wiped out except for the lead. It provided good experience and it will help me when I move onto my next position.
Pros
Paycheck, Frank and Alex were good coworkers
Cons
No leadership, no SDLC
Worst company to work for
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJJanuary 30, 2016
The entire company is garbage and they are a bunch of sneaky, unprofessional, unethical, and slimy people. They don't deserve any stars. I really hope what to happen to me does not happen to anyone else! I'm so glad I've moved on to BIGGER and BETTER things!
Great company to work for.
Civil/ Electrical Foreman, HVAC field technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2016
As stated before this is a great company with lots of opportunities to advance and further your knowledge in telecommunication, excellent co-workers, and managers. Great Benefits as well. It is a fulfilling job. On the other end though, it is a demanding job which is just part of the business and can be tough on family.
Very productive
Associate Programmer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This is a ideal suit company if you are a candidate open to learn new skills and ready to work hard with team.
One of the best working environment with support from associates,Managers and team leads.
Gives equal opportunities to everyone.
Lucky to work here.
what you learned
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2016
During my period of 9 yrs i had learnt many new things and met different people and learnt how to work with team and build a relationship which develops my self and my company which would be helpful to me for building my career.
Pros
health care
Cons
need daily excersie to be fit