Sabre Employee Reviews

Its great if you are in the cliques
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 14, 2016
This place is very strange. On the outside it looks like this great company but once you are inside it's cut throat, there is no familiarization training, it's learn as you go. One airline runs the AS side of things which leads to losing customers. Performance reviews are based on heresay, the manager who you report to has little say, they go in front of a committee. If you are not in the cliques they won't know you and if they don't know you, your score will be low and you get no raise or profit sharing.

You are expected to work 14 hour days to accommodate that one airline, and other projects/customers go by the wayside. You have to work on Sundays and holidays to accommodate THEIR lifestyle and religion. You are thrown into things without training, with managers that are not trained and expected to do a stellar job. Things are not good right now for Sabre, the pipeline of work is going to by dry after 1Q 2017. Work from home depends on your manager. Some employees get permission to move to Florida and work remotely, and others have trouble getting a week to WFH because of personal issues. It's all about who you know not how much you can do.
Pros
Organic food
Cons
Cliques, incompetent managers, forgetting about all customers
New and cutting edge technologies
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 5, 2016
Platform to use new and cutting edge technologies.Work culture was awesome.People were helpful and all you need to do is just ask.Compensation was great,in fact best among my batch (in Texas).
Decent Company
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
A decent company to work for, though they are a little on the cheap side for salary. They do offer decent benefits and a good 401k match.
Pros
Holiday Party
Cons
Low Salary, Little to no incentives
Sabre is Excellent
Contact Center Supervisor SHS (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 27, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Sabre. Excellent coworkers. Excellent benefits. Very open with ample opportunity to develop personally and professionally.
Was an excellent company to work for as a contractor.
IT Specialist/Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2015
Worked for the company for 3 years and they have provided me with a lot of online tools to further advance my IT career. The income was suitable for the position. The staff was very friendly and professional. Minimum benefits due to being contracted but overall it was definitely a good work experience.
Pros
Time Flexible, Paid Leave, Professional work enviornment, Team Cooperative, 401k Plan Prudential, Good Online Training Tools.
Cons
Contract Limitations. High Medical coverage, No Travel Time for Training, Distance from work.
fun workplace
Associate Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 76092November 8, 2016
I worked in Sabre for about 2 and half months and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I had to learn completely new technology called React JS. It was very challenging. There is not a single day, when I don’t learn anything new about the technology that I’m working on. Apart from technical knowledge and skills that I have gained while working here, I also got to know the work culture and how to work as a team. I am constantly being challenged to be a better developer, be inquisitive and innovative while keeping the ethics and values of the company intact. The job not only made me acquire new skills, but also made me a better professional. The job gives me exposure of meeting up with new people of different backgrounds, skills and talent which has made me a better person. I’m sure that I’ll be able to apply the knowledge and skills gained in all my future assignments, be it academic or professionally. It gave me confidence to handle other assignments successfully. The learning experience I gained here will help me even after I graduate
Great company to work for.
Civil/ Electrical Foreman, HVAC field technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2016
As stated before this is a great company with lots of opportunities to advance and further your knowledge in telecommunication, excellent co-workers, and managers. Great Benefits as well. It is a fulfilling job. On the other end though, it is a demanding job which is just part of the business and can be tough on family.
Terrible Bosses, Terrible Culture
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 17, 2016
There was a history of belittling the employees that were not favored and and punishing those that were not "good enough". Management barely knew what we employees were up to and regularly ignored instructions and emails. No consideration for professional growth or development was given by management and most requests for information or guidance were ignored if you were not one of the favorites. The most difficult part of this job was trying to find a reason to care about the work since it was obvious no one from management did. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers. They were all talented people who put up with too much.
Good company but no job security
Sr Quality Analytst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 26, 2016
No job security is the only problem. Work culture is good and managers were also great. Self organized small teams, space is cluttered
Great Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Wonderful customers, peers and depth of expertise in travel. A new grad can gain a wealth of global experience in the first few years on the job. Now, the downside - The work days are long and the emails never stop. Unfortunately, the leadership culture involves too many tactics and not enough focus on true strategy and growth.
Pros
Global company with broad base of great customers.
Cons
Little balance and sparse leader development
No work life balance
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 8, 2016
No work life balance and unorganized work.Good overall management and office.Office hours are too long which might effect the quality of life.Working s easy but timings and flexibility are difficult
Innovative and fun company.
Senior Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 13, 2016
Individual ideas are given importance and if they see potential they go out of the way to help you implement the ideas.
Fun atmosphere but work life balance takes a beating once in a while.
There are too many changes in the management in the last few years.
Sr. Enterprise Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 23, 2016
There are too many changes in the management in the last 2 years. All the new managers want to change something, and sometimes it caused communication problems.
Pros
New technology
Cons
Not enough time to learn
Good for entry level
Confidential Secretary (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great opportunities to build your career straight from college with a global company. Advancement mid and late career is difficult as longevity is viewed as a deficit.
Pros
Great global travel opportunities
Cons
Lacks advancement opportunities mid-late career
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2016
- Flex work life balance
- Emphasis on collaboration
- Culture depends on the team and it's management
- Salaries and bonus are less compared to industry standards
Pros
Flex work life balance
Productive and fun place
Help Desk Product Support Associate (Former Employee) –  MontevideoDecember 1, 2015
Room to grow, always chances to learn or refresh your knowlegment. great benefits, generally cooperation existed between coworkers
Pros
Attitude was taken under account
Cons
Innovation although was encourages was difficult to be implemented due to company beraucracy
Very good work experience
Mgr, Cust Support and Software Delivery (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 24, 2016
Sabre went from wholly owned subsidiary to a private entity. When taken private, work morale went up because of modernization of the corporate culture.
Decent working environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 19, 2016
Overall, working for the Sabre call center provided sufficient work experience. There were many issues with the software, which made tasks difficult at times.
Pros
Free food on occasion
Cons
System crashing, insufficient information to provide clients
Tough environment at times
Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 27, 2016
Sabre can be a wonderful place to work, however there are a lot of morale and political issues that can also make it a difficult environment. There is certainly a 'good old boy' network in place that makes advancement difficult if you are not part of the in-crowd.
Good place for learners
Sr. Cognos Developer/TM1 Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 1, 2016
This Place is really good for beginners
Helps people to learn things
Co operative and team building is good
Work environment is really nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sabre. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime