SAC Wireless LLC Employee Reviews

Lack of training and culture.
Network Deployment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
They do not hire on many full staff personal (unless your a family member of someone high up) so many of the staff are contracted. Every 3-6 months people are there one min and gone the next. Since most of the staff is contracted there are no benifits and worse at time mandatory unpaid overtime. The culture is non exsistant since the turn over is high. There is no benificial training leaving people to figure it out on their own which leads to confusion and hostility.
Pros
The building SAC is in in Chicago is great.
Cons
lack of training, majority of staff contracted, no benifits, no culture
Just a job
Cannot reveal (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Was told there would be certain things and areas of growth when I interviewed, those things do not happen, or are not going to happen for another 3-4 years. So the expectation did not meet reality.
Pros
Great building, close to transit
Cons
30 min lunches, no PTO or paid holidays
Decent place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2017
There seems to be a lot of turnover in upper management which makes continued improvement hard when it seems things continue to start over. I would like to see the organization stabilize a bit.
Great group of individuals
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2017
I would definitely work here again if given the opportunity. Had great experience while employed at SAC, the leaders weren't stingy with their knowledge.
Generally good
VP, Customer Business Management (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 29, 2017
Generally, the people at SAC are great. Hardworking, fun, and a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of working at SAC is the absence of documented processes and a reluctance to change. It seams to be that every time we hit an issue, we solve it from scratch even though it most likely has been solved before. The leadership see no need to standardize the way the organization works and makes key decisions in isolation.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Resistance to change
SAC Review
Zoning and Permitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
The workload does not come in enough to keep you busy and management seems to be unorganized. Also, when applying, I was told GIS would be used in the workday, however no GIS is ever used when actually working.
Pros
Benefits, Casual dress code
Cons
Workload is minimal
big company
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2017
lack of communication among managers that are in the field toward workers that are in the field.
When in field almost impossible to get in touch with a CM....Safety comes first always....all Technicians get along
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of communication
Great Benefits and Pay
Tower Hand (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2017
The company overall is great! With hard work and dedication there is opportunity for advancement. Travel can be excessive especially but the hours are worth it.
ProsCons
Publisher (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 27, 2017
Very communicative with clients and co workers. Though, some days are bad when you meet someone at his/her wrong mood, lol. It makes one feels more responsible dealing with different people.
Fast-paced and team oriented
AZP Specialist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 1, 2017
This was a temporary position. Thrown to the wolves and prayed for survival. I was not hired full-time as my colleague changed site information and did not tell me. I was lambasted in a staff meeting, the colleague never spoke up as I was being screamed at.
Pros
lots of good hard work
Cons
temp job - no benefits
bad company
Supervisor/Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 24, 2017
i hated working there. everything they told you in training was thrown out the window when you get in the field. the managment is terrible and i wouldnt recommend them to anyone.
Awesome Company
BTS Engineer (Former Employee) –  North DakotaSeptember 19, 2016
SAC Wireless is a very detail oriented and organized company. Sac cares about their employees and takes very good care of them.
Pros
management communicates well with employees
Cons
most positions are temporary
no work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
this year is very hard for everybody. With no work it is hard to do your job let alone to find work for the employees that are not working and are asking everyday for work
Pros
company cares for the employees
Cons
no work
No room for growth
Site Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2016
A good company to work for, but no room for advancement and if you're not related to Management your job is in jeopardy when the company runs out of projects.
Each person has its own experince and view
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2016
I am not sure what to say
I prefer not to say anything about it
I don't think any body would listen to what I say
I only worked in one market, so I can not judge on the whole company
Changing Business
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60173August 4, 2016
SAC was a great place to work. You always had something to do and usually had someone above you who was able to help and support your work. Unfortunately, the company was bought out and a lot changed. Many people were laid off and many policies changed. The company still was willing to work with people's personal lives, though. One of the best things about the company was if you had an emergency or needed to leave for a specific reason, they worked with you to make sure everything was covered.
Pros
good health care coverage
Willing to help each other grow
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2016
The manager I worked with was willing to help each person grow, knowing it would better the company.
Bad Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 10, 2016
This was supposed to be a good decision on my part when I joined SAC Wireless, but it turned out to be a very bad one. There were a lot of issues to name one but I would have to put it all on management. If there were good management across the board, there would have been less issues with the projects that SAC worked on and SAC would have never lost big name clients and never gotten into a situation where they would not land a single site on a major carriers big 2-3 year project across the country. If SAC wants to survive in the long run, they need to stricken up in their construction department.
Productive Work Place
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 5, 2016
The company allows “team player” behavior and SAC views individual success as imperative to group success.
Direct, straightforward, honest and polite team members.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Micro-Manager
Great place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 8, 2016
I learned new softwares, busy work. Very detailed, which I enjoy. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a team. Nice offices, close to home. Work from home on Fridays.
Pros
Good deli in building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7