SAC Wireless Employee Reviews

Coworkers are great, managers don't know what they are doing, let employees go within two years
Scoping Engineer (Former Employee), United StatesMarch 9, 2015
Pros: nothing anymore
Cons: benefits are not that good
Managers and Directors let employees go within 2 years of employment. Constantly trying to figure things out and treat veterans like bad when they are letting them go. Have trouble keeping customers, and ignore employees questions, concerns, and comment, because they know so much. Most managers and directors have no clue about the work they oversee, most construction managers have never worked in the industry which leads to them paying out more money then they receive.
Great Co-Workers
Wireless (Current Employee), RemmingtonFebruary 18, 2015
Great Co-Workers. Takes forever to get benefits. You work hard and don't feel appreciated. They don't do anything for employees for holidays. The company does not match 401K contributions.
Fun place to work
Project/Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: priviledge to work with talented people.
Cons: benefits could be better
Priviledge to work with talented people.
Management is very nice to interact with on a daily basis.
Co-workers take thier jobs seriousley and do the best job possible.
Everyone is very helpful.
Wonderful place to work before changes were made to departments.
PROJECT CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMay 13, 2014
I worked with one of the best teams and the greatest Team Leader I've ever met. She taught me more about myself than I ever thought possible.

After changes were made to departments and some were combined, the person who became our new Team Lead did not know how to manage people and the whole department began to fall apart.
Everyone was friendly
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch 2 times a week
Cons: no clear direction
I felt it to be a very segregated environment
There was no policies and procedures in place for training
Management was very indirect with out clear direction of any task
The hardest part of the job was coming in the office not knowing what I was suppose to be doing
The most enjoyable part of the job, they didn't micro manage you
Fun management.
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Management was fun and welcoming and knew how to get the most productivity out of everyone.
Zoning
Zoning & Permitting Lead (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILNovember 7, 2013
As you can see by my resume, I have several years of experience on the public side and private side. By having this experience, I can offer a larger range of expertise in the field of development as well as other Community Development Department needs. Being able to coordinate meetings and discussions with a wide array of individuals, I am able to negotiate and facilitate the needs of both sides of the table.

While working for the City of Aurora, I was introduced to a wide array of areas within the Community Development Department. Although my emphasis was on the development side, I did aide fellow co-workers in the Planning Department, Historic Preservation and Code Enforcement. Being able to coordinate my skills with these departments has made me a well rounded individual within the department.

I have extended these skills in my previous private sector job. As the Planning & Zoning Manager for Orleans Homebuilders, my emphasis was on the Entitlements for the company. As I grew in this position, my areas of interest were utilized in other fields. I was first introduced to land development and land acquisition and finally into market research. All areas of these fields were demanding in their own way. I quickly grasped the knowledge of each area and excelled at them. As part of my education at Orleans, I have come to grasp the basic knowledge of civil engineering practices as well as best management practices.

While working at the Village of Hoffman Estates, I was able to expand my knowledge in the Community Development Block Grant portion of the Planning Division. I was – more... in charge of administering the CDBG projects for the Village and maintain all aspects of the program. I was also involved in re-writing the fee schedule and building design guidelines prior to my departure. Within this role, I was able to further my understanding of site plan reviews and annexation agreements.

At my most recent job, I was able to branch out my experience of zoning and permitting with SAC Wireless. During this time, I was able to work with numerous municipalities throughout the nation regarding zoning approvals and pulling building permits for telecommunication tower upgrades. This position provided me the opportunity to get my foot back into the planning field.

While working for all entities, I have had the ability to fine-tune my public speaking skills. While with both companies, I prepared and presented reports to all levels of Municipal meetings. Along with these meetings, I had the opportunity to meet with local and state officials to discuss plans and projects.

While embarked with a tremendous workload with all companies, I have had the ability to tackle more than one project at a time. This is essential in both areas of my career and has proven to be beneficial to me and therefore able to carry on this trait as I move forward with my career. – less
Great Troubleshooting
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), West VirginiaJuly 10, 2013
Working with S.A.C wireless was a great learning experience, here is where I learned most of my troubleshooting on new equipment.
large telecom outfit
Superintendent/Lead EF&I (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 21, 2012
Pros: nice truck, salary, and gear
Cons: lack of effective upper management involvement
My first hands-off mangement position. Foremen answered to me and I conducted safety audits, counseled non-performers, walked jobs, trained, attended client meetings, rented equiptment. The hardest part was coping with corporate management back east. The best was looking out for my crews