SAC Wireless Employee Reviews

no work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
this year is very hard for everybody. With no work it is hard to do your job let alone to find work for the employees that are not working and are asking everyday for work
Pros
company cares for the employees
Cons
no work
No room for growth
Site Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2016
A good company to work for, but no room for advancement and if you're not related to Management your job is in jeopardy when the company runs out of projects.
Each person has its own experince and view
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2016
I am not sure what to say
I prefer not to say anything about it
I don't think any body would listen to what I say
I only worked in one market, so I can not judge on the whole company
Changing Business
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60173August 4, 2016
SAC was a great place to work. You always had something to do and usually had someone above you who was able to help and support your work. Unfortunately, the company was bought out and a lot changed. Many people were laid off and many policies changed. The company still was willing to work with people's personal lives, though. One of the best things about the company was if you had an emergency or needed to leave for a specific reason, they worked with you to make sure everything was covered.
Pros
good health care coverage
Willing to help each other grow
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2016
The manager I worked with was willing to help each person grow, knowing it would better the company.
Bad Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 10, 2016
This was supposed to be a good decision on my part when I joined SAC Wireless, but it turned out to be a very bad one. There were a lot of issues to name one but I would have to put it all on management. If there were good management across the board, there would have been less issues with the projects that SAC worked on and SAC would have never lost big name clients and never gotten into a situation where they would not land a single site on a major carriers big 2-3 year project across the country. If SAC wants to survive in the long run, they need to stricken up in their construction department.
Productive Work Place
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 5, 2016
The company allows “team player” behavior and SAC views individual success as imperative to group success.
Direct, straightforward, honest and polite team members.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Micro-Manager
Great place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 8, 2016
I learned new softwares, busy work. Very detailed, which I enjoy. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a team. Nice offices, close to home. Work from home on Fridays.
Pros
Good deli in building
Great Place to Work
Tower Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 20, 2016
From the IL, FL, GA offices I had a great time at SAC very well put together company. When it gets slow on the 1-2 quarter it can be slow
Pros
Great people
Cons
Health Insurance, sucks could be better.
Good culture
Architectural & Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
Good environment to work in. Sometimes very busy depending on the project you work on. Good culture and nice people. No job security - a lot of people where laid off.
Pros
Nice location and nice people
Cons
no job security
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 14, 2016
My current work day consists of updating the client on various projects and making sure that we are on schedule and in budget for completion. There is also the reporting the internal profit and loss on said projects. I am used to and enjoy a fast pace workplace - always on and moving from day start to day end. The hardest part is letting it go at the end of the day as it is an ever moving target for completion. I pride myself in being able to communicate correct and timely information to the client on a daily basis. Communication is a key factor in the success of any operation. Teaching that value and instill it in a workplace is a valuable trait for a company to portray.
Pros
Fast pace - no micro management
Cons
There needs to be more accountablity
Great Starter Job
Site Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2016
SAC is a great company to work for if you are interested in learning about Telecommunications. This industry is fast-paced and ever changing. If you can keep up, its great experience to have under your belt!
Collaborative Workplace
Site Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
In general this is a nice place to work. Flexible with time off and casual culture. You will be moved around to different projects as needed which gives you more experience and exposure. The work comes in waves and there will be times you are really busy and then a lot of down time until the next wave of work comes in.
Pros
Three weeks vacation after your first year
Cons
no 401k matching and job security
Management and work issues
Tower foreman (Former Employee) –  new brighton, minnestoaFebruary 29, 2016
Management seems to be very lacking. Not knowing what is happening the next day and unable to answer simple questions. When asked if I was working next week on a thursday I was told of course and then friday I was told there is no work. Both answers from the operations manager. This place is in serious need of management trianing. Hardest part of the job is hurry up and get the job done and then theres no work. Was hired full time but rarely got 40 hours a week.

I was so excited to work here when I was hired. Turns out they dont know anything and the people in management dont know what there doing unfortunately.

Co workers were great when they worked there. It seems like it was a revolving door of people getting hired and quitting due to bad management. Hopefully they work things out but at this point I wouldnt recommend anyone working there..
Pros
plenty of time off, benefits
Cons
unreliable management, no work constantly, get run around when asking questions
fun place to work
Site Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2015
Absolutely loved working here and everything that went along with it. Just wish management was more transparent with us before they laid me off
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
no transparency from management
Productive place to work,
Site Acquisition Specialist Contractor (Leasing) (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 15, 2015
It was an ok company, stayed busy on a daily basis. I learned all about the wireless industry, from the leasing to the towers and the antennas on the tower that enabled our cell phones to work. No room for advancement unless you are best friends or related to the bosses.
Pros
Great co-workers, Good training to advance your career elsewhere.
great managers to work with
Tower technician II (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 7, 2015
great managers and co-worker to work with,if i had the chance to work with them i would but as the company close doors in 2012,
Pros
travel, meeting a lots of people
Cons
no time for family
Company over all was ok
Reg. Market Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2015
SAC could be a very good company to work for if the upper management would support the local markets. In most cases the local markets had to work each programs without REAL support from corp.
SAC Wireless
ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
SAC Wireless is a wonderful place to work! With a dynamic leadership team and co-workers that are the most brilliant I have ever interfaced with. Anyone looking to work in Site Development, / Architectural & Engineering should definitely think about becoming a member of this elite team of Telecom professionals.
Pros
Great training programs, awesome work team dynamic & management.
Cons
Work hard of go home mentality & culture. Not for slackers.
Poor Management
Commissioning & Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 8, 2015
no guaranteed 40 hours a week, no sick days and no one knows what they are doing especially management. Make sure your contract has everything above included in it before signing. Management does not care about your well being or your after work life. All the good talented employees and management are leaving the company including myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAC Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7