Sacramento City Unified School District Employee Reviews

it was a learning experience
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 3, 2017
Working for (SCUSD) was a learning experience because I was able to attend college and learn more about the job my family and to look closely at myself.
Pros
i choose the hours i wanted to work
Cons
no benefits, paid leave or 401k
Highly effective at anticipating and commodating customer needs. Friendly, punctual and enthusiastic team player,thrieve under pressure.Multi-Tasking.
Sacramento (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAAugust 15, 2017
I've work here for over 15 years . It's excellent job .Ive maintain a go work excellence. Open kitchens ran has head lead ,work with Health department the kitchen I had operated pass inspection . With little as no stress free ability . It's a good place to meet people and defiantly working with children of all ages.
Kids were delightful and Employees were helpful
Nutrition Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2017
Employees are fun and energetic. Loved working with the kids and being able to provide them with healthy food for the brain. My manager didn't seem like she wanted to find me schools to go to.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2017
Customer service, educating students on the process and procedures of FASA, financial aid disbursement, tracking and reporting.

The workplace culture was functional departmentalized, enjoyable, and supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and co-workers.
fun smart students
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  William Land Park, CAJuly 11, 2017
Very easy to find schools within Community close to freeway great principles free lunch programs free after-school programs in opportunities for summer education continued
flexible locations and work days
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2017
Substitute teaching gave me flexible hours and days of work. I was able to get back into the district I used to work for and expand my knowledge of the district.
Good place to work at
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the Sacramento City Unified School District. I was an instructional aid for a few months and i really enjoyed it. The job sites were near my home.
Creative and inspiring environment.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2017
Love working in the schools making a difference in the student's lives. SCUSD is a fast paced, but balanced place to get many different types of teaching jobs. From substituting to full time teaching, this is a great place to work. They really take care of their teachers.
I love the comp & benefits department
BENEFITS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2017
The overall atmosphere is very welcoming. The director and supervisor make a great team, and are open to suggestions and changes. Excellence in customer service is what we strive for.
Great place to work.
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 12, 2017
Great place to be able to teach young adults how to cook and better their lives. The CAJ Campus has a safe and secure atmosphere that allows the students an opportunity to make a better life for their selves and their family.
Pros
Positive enviroment
Fun
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2017
Very fun and friendly work enviorment. Loved the children and co workers I worked with. Did not pay much and not many work hours but a fun work place for someone who only wants to work part time.
Productive and fulfilling
Office Manager Substitute (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Your day on a school site can vary greatly but is usually satisfying. My experience at the schools I worked at was positive. I was fortunate to work at schools that promoted community with staff and families.
Pros
Excellent benefits, good support.
Cons
Can get kicked out of your position if someone, with more seniority, from another site wants it.
prodcutive place with a lounge in it
Baby sitting (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work would be coffee in my hand ready to teach and learn.
I would hope to learn more about the job I have or will be getting
I could manage anything I put my mind to
I loved everything and I love taking care of kids and I love teaching and being around an environment that I care about
the kids fighting arguing
break, being able to teach a child something new even I need to learn new things and I will learn but overall I just love the job itself
Pros
teaching the kids
Cons
short breaks
Intereacting with different people everyday Parents and teachers
FSA 3 lead for food service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Working with SCUSD was a pleasure learn alot about cooking food in quantity,learned to work with different cultures as well as running a kitchen of my own.Typical day is different everyday.Hardest part when I have kids who are disrespectful.Enjoyable part is knowing I make a difference when I am at work.Management has always been part of my learning.
Enjoyed my time
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95827February 15, 2017
Working for the school district was enlightening and educational. I enjoyed not only working with my colleagues but the students as well. Everyday was something new and intriguing.
Good School To Work At
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 4, 2016
School consist of diverse students. Fun, safe, and happy environment. Easy to get to as it is located right off 12th Ave. Gas station, Yum Yum donuts, CVS, and many Hispanic restaurants and stores nearby.
Pros
Great teachers and staff!
normal work day
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2016
in at 5:30 out at 2:30 making sure building is clean and ready to go .management is great love my co-workers i've learned team building patience the hardest part is losing a student what i enjoy is knowing that there ready for life's journey.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
cut-backs and lay-off
Assist the teacher in the care, supervision, and learning activities of children in a classroom or other learning environment for grade-level children
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2016
A day of fun and interacting will students. Some days we have enrichment activities and others become personal counseling sessions.
Pros
Amazing work enviroment
Cons
no job security
current
food service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2015
the pace was great we sat and scanned and open mail daily too bad business closed. The hardest part of the job was the overtime sometimes if it rained we would have to stay for the mail.
Fun Work place
retail sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAOctober 30, 2015
It was very difficult in a small building.
Good pay nice workers.
The hardest was in the morning the building would be packed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks