Sacramento County Office Of Education

Sacramento County Office Of Education United States Employee Reviews

No Collaboration, tough crowd
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 14, 2012
The teachers here all keep to themselves and are of little help. Typical day is preparing lesson plans and executing them as effectively as possible.
A company that does a lot with very little
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 23, 2012
Pros: union job/wages, vacation/holiday time
Cons: jobs lost, yearly continuing state budget cuts
My job is to take care of all the day-to-day jobs, including preparing for all meetings, trainings, conferences, correspondence both electronic and manual, ordering catering, booking travel plans, keep track of all budget expenditures, keep agency and inter-agency contact lists, work with school districts and programs for special education. I have learned a lot about what it takes to help special education students succeed in life. My co-workers are hard working individuals who really care about student achievemnent. The hardest part of my job would be finding rooms for all of the meeting, trainings and conferences we facilitate throughout the year. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to help a parent get the information they need for their child.
Licensed Vocational Nursw
Health Career Instructor / LVN (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: summers off
Cons: internal politics
Enjoyed working with students and co-workers, however did not care for the politics of this organization and the yearly stress of receiving a pink slip.