Sacramento County Office Of Education Employee Reviews

good job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2017
nice place to work. the administrative staff is very friendly. I like the flexibility. usually a good amount of work available, and the pay is reasonable.
The staff
Culinary artist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I loved the school i was going to cuz i got to be in a real resturant on thrusday and i got to plant fresh fruits and vegatables and got to sell them and got paid the staff was amazing they worked the students one on one and they had different jobs that they would take u to and got paid for that too overall it was amazing
Pros
U got paid for doing work
Cons
Nun
Great place
Mather - Student Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Mather Field, CADecember 15, 2016
I did a internship for a few months. It was fun and very informative. I learned alot of things.
I recommend working or doing an internship here if you would like some office experience.
Fun place to work.
Para Educator, Cyril Spinelli Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2016
My daily work is fun to be around the students which make me enjoying each minutes with them. I have learned to be patients, helpful and always have a positive thinking.
I manage my time to be as much active and helpful to serve the students need.
My co-workers are fun to be around and we work together as a team to help our students to success in their daily life.
My hardest part of the job when it is rainy day so my students can not go outside the classroom and play basketball.
The most enjoyable time when i see the students are happy, learning
and not fight in the classroom.
Pros
we have many training all the time.
Cons
N/a
great team
Para-Educator Severely handicapped program (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAApril 13, 2014
I loved working for SCOE, this company is divided into several programs and work sites. I was assigned to the SH classroom at Sheldon HS, and despite an hour commute I loved this assignment. My co-workers were supportive and made a great working environment.
Pros
friendly co- workers, supportive
Cons
short breaks, challenging student population
No Collaboration, tough crowd
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 14, 2012
The teachers here all keep to themselves and are of little help. Typical day is preparing lesson plans and executing them as effectively as possible.
A company that does a lot with very little
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 23, 2012
My job is to take care of all the day-to-day jobs, including preparing for all meetings, trainings, conferences, correspondence both electronic and manual, ordering catering, booking travel plans, keep track of all budget expenditures, keep agency and inter-agency contact lists, work with school districts and programs for special education. I have learned a lot about what it takes to help special education students succeed in life. My co-workers are hard working individuals who really care about student achievemnent. The hardest part of my job would be finding rooms for all of the meeting, trainings and conferences we facilitate throughout the year. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to help a parent get the information they need for their child.
Pros
union job/wages, vacation/holiday time
Cons
jobs lost, yearly continuing state budget cuts
Licensed Vocational Nursw
Health Career Instructor / LVN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2012
Enjoyed working with students and co-workers, however did not care for the politics of this organization and the yearly stress of receiving a pink slip.
Pros
summers off
Cons
internal politics