Sacramento County Employee Reviews in United States

Fair salary, Room for growth, Stability
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2016
Over ten years customer service experience working with the public, strong customer service skills, very detail oriented and ability to follow through consistently on all projects and to meet deadlines. Comfortable with multifaceted operations and meeting required targeted sales goals.
Pros
Serving Customers
Cons
Constant Travel
One of the most personally satisfying jobs I ever had
Deputy Coroner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 23, 2016
The science of investigation is fascinating and provides a strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. Providing information and support to the decedents next of kin is also very satisfying in an empathic manner.
Growth && Fun Job
Family Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2016
I simply love what I do and I love the families that our company always us to help. There always have a place for advancement here and I would recommend Sacramento County to anyone. My Co workers are second to none.
Pros
Helping the Children and families
Cons
Summer Layoff
What I learned
Election Precinct Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2015
I was able to learn the Voting process and meet other in my community. I really enjoyed working along side of my daughters which was a plus.
Pros
helping my community
Cons
only one a year
Pleasant experience
Eligibility Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  sacramentoJune 19, 2015
customer service, administrative duties and time management. My assignment was temporary. I'm sure the longevity of a permanent position would yield much more.
Great place to work and meet caring people
IHSS Provider (Current Employee) –  CAMay 8, 2015
A typical day would include arriving at the recipients home, proceeding to do what ever was assigned to you. Every person cared for is treated different.
The hardest part is when a person expires and no longer a part of your life.
The best part would be getting to know different people and their values. For me puts a different perspective on life.
Pros
gaining friends, caring for others
Sacramento County
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to help others and to expand my work knowledge, As well as help me get my foot in the door for employment at the time.
Pros
Able to help people.
Cons
The sadness of losing the elderly people I helped.
Work-life balance
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2015
My current job is great because it allows me to control the hours I work. It allows me to improve on my customer services skills.
Pros
Control my own work hours
Cons
Process of compensation could be handled quicker
Flexible with School and Life
Senior Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Worked here as an intern and the county was very flexible with school and life events. The internship was paid and pay was based on grade level. I learned about many environmental programs such as water systems, well permitting, cross connection control, hazardous material business plans and surveys. Management is very supportive, knowledgable and willing to teach. Coworkers are very friendly and come from all different backgrounds allowing growth within the environmental field. The only downside was getting a permanent position is very challenging. Positions do not open frequently and are very competitive between coworkers and outside applicants. Overall, great workplace, management, coworkers, and compensation
Depends on which department you work in Sac County.
Software Developer / IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Our department was Productive, inspiring, very helpful co-workers, overall enjoyable environment.
Pros
best healthcare benefits, penson plans and other pro benefits.
Cons
very low salary compare to market rate, no 401k matches.
Great Workplace
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2015
What i learned from this job is Filing Documents, Alphabetically order...etc. My coworkers are really friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Important Organization
Member of Children's Coalition (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2014
This organization is really cares about the children of Sacramento County!
Enjoy working for children
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  SACRAMENTO, CANovember 12, 2014
Process AWOL Warrants for minors received from the Social Workers. Help Social Workers with the AWOL Warrants. Order Birth and Marriage Certificates for the Paralegal and Social Workers. Assign cases for the Paralegals in CWS/CMS program. Update the birth certificate log and the AWOL Warrant log. Court Run- Take documents to the court room and department for Paralegals. Process the mail, order supplies for the department and data entry. Process invoices received by advertisement companies.
For those seeking immediate assistance
Human Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAOctober 22, 2014
I check my voice mail and email, then I prioritize my activities for the week.Listening actively and emphatically to encourage clients to share their feelings and problems.We all worked together to plan and manage the implementation schedule, to provide customer training, and ensure a smooth transition for our customers. Our team always completed our projects ahead of schedule with very positive reviews from our clients and supervisor.I'm the kind of person who stays calm under pressure, and handles hardest part of my job fairly easy.The most important and enjoyable part of my job is to help people.
Tutoring/Mentoring
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2014
Rewarding experience tutoring and mentoring high school students in the greater Sacramento area.
Sacramento County
Sacramento County (Former Employee) –  SacramentoAugust 5, 2014
The County of Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer of over 11,000 dedicated people covering a variety of services including public safety and protection, public health, community services, municipal services and administrative support that serve a diverse and vibrant County.

The County of Sacramento a great place to work?
• Opportunities to develop skills and grow within the organization
• Life and work balance for our employees
• Commitment to diversity
• Competitive Pay and Benefits
• Great work environment
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
temp position
Early Intervention and Prevention Is the Foundation of Tomorrow's Leaders!
Birth & Beyond Program Clinical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  River Oak Center for ChildrenJune 27, 2014
I wore many different hats during my tenure with this agency and had a variety of typical days at work! While in management a typical day would involve checking in with staff to determine how I may support any challenges facing services to families. I learned the value of "collaboration" especially when funding is cut and programs are merged.
Management strongly encouraged on-going professional development leading me to undertake a 2 1/2 year commitment to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
I self-selected to step down to a full time clinician position to receive the highest level of clinical experience by a full immersion in a "front line" staff position. My co-workers were some of the hardest working, selfless, and committed individuals in my working career.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference for staff who were interested in professional advancement/development by providing support, direction, and professional recommendations as needed.
The hardest part of my job was downsizing or merging programs due to budget cuts from State of County funding sources.
Pros
seeing leaders emerge before my eyes from exceptional staff and client's receiving services.
Cons
cutting back services to well deserved, and appreciative, families struggling to make a better life for their children.
very cohesive and coodiated
Deputy Probation Officer Asst (Former Employee) –  SacamentoApril 12, 2014
Great people and scheduling. Management was receptive and concerned. The job ranged from intake to housing. It entailed feeding and keeping the children on tasks.
Pros
great location
Cons
there wasn't a down side
working with disabled people is gradifying
ihss care provider (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAFebruary 21, 2014
taking care of patient's need,
i learned to work with the disabled.
i like working with the supervisor.
i only worked alone but worked with differant people such as doctors and pharmacies.
the hardest part is being around someone that is ill.
is making the pateint happy.
working 7 days a week was hard but worth it.
Pros
nice atmosphere to work in, safe conditions.
Cons
short breaks
surplus supplies
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 9, 2014
they got surplus items from counties offices and motor pools and set up auctions to the public
Pros
job knowledge
Cons
short term employment

4.3