Sacramento County Employee Reviews

diverse work group
Election Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJanuary 16, 2018
advancement possible; could have provided more integration of various tasks and full-time with contract work forces; too many decision silos, but manager open to broad conversations
Pros
flexibility of tasks
Cons
extra weekend hours during crunch times
Productive, Fun place to work
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work. Work culture is very good. Family oriented and supportive. Upward mobility. Management was great. Learned a lot from working there.
Pros
Good place to work; supportive
Fun and fullfiling career
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2017
A wonderful place for a career in law enforcement. Very competitive pay and benefits package. Good chance for advancement and a variety of work details.
Pros
Pay, work environment
Cons
Training techniques
Good benefits/pay
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2017
Management was not the best. You have to know someone to promote. I honestly was passed over a couple of times for a position because my supervisor did not care for me.
sacramento county
Aircraft firefighter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2017
it was great place to work I did 23 years there climate was good housing somewhat expensive cost of living high work culture was good and most part enjoyed work my peers and supervisors
Pros
good pay
Cons
raining in winter
pro tem court reporter
Pro Tem Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 9, 2017
Worked as a pro tem court reporter received no benefits. Got this position right out of school, wish I would have had more experience in the profession before working for the county.
Sac County IT
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2017
Great work environment with plenty of security and opportunity to advance. Level of work satisfaction will be equivalent to your desire. I would highly recommend a career with the county.
Care provider
California (CA) (Current Employee) –  California (CA)September 5, 2017
I'm a care provider for senior citizens, it's rewarding but I need some in addition for stimulation. I take clients vitals, help them around their apartments, go for walks, run errands for them and provide company most are very lonely.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I suppose it depends on your needs, if you like red tape to solve problems, this is your job. A major hood old boys club with a far reach.
Clerk Typist to Records Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2017
A very big good old boys club. If you just want a pay check it will do. Good and bad in everything. It is the very first place I observed people looking busy doing nothing.
Challenging work environment
Adoptions Social Worker (Current Employee) –  CPSAugust 24, 2017
My direct supervisor had no business being in that role. Management often turns a blind eye to supervisors treating their subordinates poorly, making the work conditions extremely difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benefitd
Cons
management

Want to know more about Sacramento County?

Ask a question
Social Worker for In Home (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAJuly 25, 2017
This company was a great place to work, the staff were kind and knowledgeable and it was focused on improving vulnerable adults lives. The time I spent working at this company was very rewarding.
Pros
Positive atmoshphere
Not a constant position!
Precinct Officer/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2017
From what I can remember, my job seemed fairly easy, yet certain duties: seemed more complex than other, learn to concentrate harder than the other on certain tasks!
Pros
sample foods: sample coffee: sample donuts:
Cons
Must be accurate on counting things over and over!
Eligibility Specialist in the Department of Human Assistance
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2017
While it was challenging to work for the variety of the Sacramento population, assisting in clients acquiring aid, the atmosphere of the Department was such that creativity was stifled; managers ruled by fear or intimidation; promotions were based upon who you knew or who your family was. Being on a promotional list meant nothing. Some cutthroat coworkers vying for promotions didn't help as well.
Overall, most of your coworkers were great, your clients were okay, but the management staff sucked. And if you're in contract talks and a Union leader? You're problems are just doubled, since even Sacramento County Counsel will go after your job and reputation.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
management is abhorrant
Helpful staff
Provider (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Provides the opportunity to help patient's family members get compensated for taking care of them. Flexible hours along with Union benefits. Thats if you join the Union.
productive fun place ton work
2yrs) Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2017
Set-up customer accounts made park reservations, answered customer inquiries (must have knowledge of California Parks & recreation areas. aquired a good knwledge of all of the State and regional parks and KOAs
Pros
good knowledge of the State parks
Cons
no healthcare
Large department with several outlying facilities. Spent over 13 years employed with the County.
Workforce Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2017
A typical day included computer work and meeting with clients needing employment services. Enjoyed interviewing members of the general public and interfacing with the County's clients.
Pros
Well paid, great benefit package, job stability.
Cons
Experienced turnover in management depending on annual budget.
Nice place to work at
CARE GIVER (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAMay 4, 2017
i enjoyed working for the county of sacrmaneto, my client was easy to work for, i like the time i spent with my client, i worked alot of days but it was worth it.
Pros
BREAks
Cons
healthcare
review
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2017
no chance for advancement, office politics, high stressed work environment, lost of prejudice and discrimination, lack necessary tools to complete the work
Experienced great coorporation between Y2K conversion programming team and testing function which I was project leader of.
System Test Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2016
Was proud to be part of a Y2K test team for the Criminal Justice Information System. Our responsibility was to validate all CICS online screens, and associated batch programs.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Parking could be a challenge since we were located downtown Sacramento.
Overall the employees are fair
Office Assistant II/III (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJune 10, 2016
Unfortunately these days all government jobs have become politically driven, depending which side of the elephant or donkey you sit on.

When I started here it was not like this. Most people were grateful for the help. Now-a-days, they believe they are entitled to it, at the expense of those who work for a living.

My rating is fair.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Lack of leadership