Sacramento Job Corps Employee Reviews

Great learning expirience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Drawing blood and learning more about the medical field

Learn to help others and to assist them with patience

Management was great

The work place culture was well

Nothing was hard

I enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with them.
Pros
Learning more
Cons
really fun and a lot to do
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2018
we started off with assembly then we would go and start our class then we would have our lunch then go back to class then go back to our dorm rooms then we would have the rest of the time to ourselfs on campus
Pros
free lunches and a lot of activities to do
Job Corps is a good place to work
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Job Corp was a place to give aback to the community, you must have a heart for the undeserved students, who wants to further their education, sometimes time it got a little stressful but most of the time it was good knowing that you made a different in someones life to see the change and was part of the change. It makes your heart glad to know that you help some body make it, Job Corps is a place where you can see the growth in each trainee that comes through to get what they need to move on to the next stage of there life.
Pros
I loved working at Job Corps, i had no problem doing my job.
Cons
Job corps is all good, i wish i was still there
Great working with teens.
Security Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 22, 2017
What i enjoyed most about working at job corps is helping the students get on the right track. The Hours are okay but it is a lot of work. The hardest part about working there is dealing with the staff. they are very nosey and always wonder about anyone but themselves.
Not a job for advancement
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2017
The Sacramento Job Corps was one of my first jobs and served it's purpose in that I earned some money, and got a start on building my resume. Buit in no way, shape, or form, was this job considered, a good job, or a place for advancement. It had nothing to do with my skillset, nor did it provide me any form of skill outside of the basic work experience. I didn't really do much, nor was I given much responsibility. This wasn't because I wasn't capable, it was simply because there wasn't much to do at all. While I am thankful for the money earned, and first time work experience, I would not recommend this job to anyone with goals of gaining professional growth.
Pros
I earned a paycheck
Cons
No growth, & low pay
Constant changes in staff and rules
Career Transition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2017
Constant changes in staff and rules. The healthcare does not cover your spouse Husband or wife. Pay is low compared to other jobs in same field.
Very high turnover rate.
Pros
Great Students
Cons
Pay and Healthcare
educational workplace
HVAC Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2017
I think Sacramento Job Corps changed me and gave me the knowledge to go out and get a decent job I got a lot of certifications at job corps such as my forklift and OSHA and my r410
Pros
free lunch and free rent
Cons
stressful
Workplace
Facility Maintenance Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2017
It's almost Like going to School and work at the same time. You Learn as you go and you gain what you put in. I enjoy doing electrical and plumbing...
Worse place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2017
Do not waste your time to find job here. The management and Senior Management is terrible. They lose managers almost every month. It is run by corporate office in Houston that is for profit and operation of the center is terrible. There is commitment or support for the managers. They just fire or force people at will.
Pros
Dedicated workers
Cons
Management, low pay, benefits
great for students
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jobcorp sacramentoJuly 24, 2017
Productive and great with students helpd with hight school degree
then have a choice for with a job trade to followed after high school diploma. helps with clothings allowance, jobs search also great with assistant in a place to leave while in school.
oh my goodness
Externship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2017
it was a bad experience be cause the people we were working with didn't want us to be there. it actually taught us how to be more tolerable to those that may not get along with us.
Pros
the experience
Cons
the environment.
Goverment facility run by for profit company
Driving and Forklift Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2017
50/50 for profit company running a government program There is not much else to say. Most people leave after only a few months. Stress stress low pay for a demanding job all about the numbers no management skills
Closest thing to a job
Security & Investigations Cadet (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2017
A standard day in training is just physical training and paper work. Though 30% of the trade is physical and 70% is mental its a great equal balance. Being trained by one of the best instructors in job corps he based his training in to your progression. The difficult part is all of the people here. The are here to be trained but some just cannot kick the habit that I have seen back in high school. people skip class all the time and if frustrates me that our tax payer money is going to these clowns to get a real job, they would be lucky to get hired at a circus if possible. still the pros weight out all of the cons, my time here was enjoyable and the people that I met here will leave an impression on me. Everyone was a different story, but we were there for the same goal. to get jobs and survive life.
Pros
Non-Resident Status, Free Lunch, On Center Dorms
Cons
Resident Trainee Drama, Lack of Leadership, Poor Dorm Conditions
job corps
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2017
i did gain experience only because my instructor, and some staff at job corps. wake up at 630 be out before 730 eat breakfast start class at 8. learned medical produces in the medical field. management could do a way better job i feel like us students would be dismissed and not understood. the hardest part was being around minors and staff as well as management that were rude and didn't care about our health and getting paid 23 dollars for every 2 weeks wasn't enough for us students who didn't have family to help us or have no family at all coming in homeless we need basic stuff for everyday usage. the most enjoyable part was making long time friends and stepping out of my comfort zone and taking everyday experiences and using them in the work field.
n/a
Business Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2017
a real busy place that is always crowded morning noon day and night but it's a great place to start your employment. I do advise people to work here to start somewhere in the work field.
Good and bad
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I hated it but I finished in 6 months because I went to school every day and ignored the staff. The environment is trash the food is even more trash they got bed bugs in the dorms. I can go on and on and on but I'm done.
An ok vocational school
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Job Corps is a good place to learn a trade for work. You can also get an good education as well. on a typical day we would either be in trade or in achademics. We would be in class from 8:00am to 3:30pm. I took the HVAC trade which also led to me learning Solar during a WBL assignment.
An adaptable an workable enviorement with a lot of potential.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Join job Corps while the Irons hot, the most enjoyable part has to be the team building trips. Also they have a nice gymnasium.
Pros
Free room, food, and benefits
Cons
Rules constantly change
fun
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2016
Dealing with students all over the country .Making sure they are filling papers out correctly in residential department .Help students with looking for jobs and dorm life setting.
productive place to be
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 4, 2016
A typical day here, we are very productive. Study, work, learn, practice our skills. Staff is great and helpful. They do their best to help us students in any way possible. This is a great opportunity for anyone to come here.
Pros
free lunch, free school, free live-in
Cons
long periods, can't work until trade is over, not paid enough