Sacramento Job Corps Employee Reviews

job corps
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2017
i did gain experience only because my instructor, and some staff at job corps. wake up at 630 be out before 730 eat breakfast start class at 8. learned medical produces in the medical field. management could do a way better job i feel like us students would be dismissed and not understood. the hardest part was being around minors and staff as well as management that were rude and didn't care about our health and getting paid 23 dollars for every 2 weeks wasn't enough for us students who didn't have family to help us or have no family at all coming in homeless we need basic stuff for everyday usage. the most enjoyable part was making long time friends and stepping out of my comfort zone and taking everyday experiences and using them in the work field.
Good and bad
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I hated it but I finished in 6 months because I went to school every day and ignored the staff. The environment is trash the food is even more trash they got bed bugs in the dorms. I can go on and on and on but I'm done.
An ok vocational school
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Job Corps is a good place to learn a trade for work. You can also get an good education as well. on a typical day we would either be in trade or in achademics. We would be in class from 8:00am to 3:30pm. I took the HVAC trade which also led to me learning Solar during a WBL assignment.
An adaptable an workable enviorement with a lot of potential.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Join job Corps while the Irons hot, the most enjoyable part has to be the team building trips. Also they have a nice gymnasium.
Pros
Free room, food, and benefits
Cons
Rules constantly change
fun
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2016
Dealing with students all over the country .Making sure they are filling papers out correctly in residential department .Help students with looking for jobs and dorm life setting.
productive place to be
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 4, 2016
A typical day here, we are very productive. Study, work, learn, practice our skills. Staff is great and helpful. They do their best to help us students in any way possible. This is a great opportunity for anyone to come here.
Pros
free lunch, free school, free live-in
Cons
long periods, can't work until trade is over, not paid enough
Productive learning experience with many opportunities
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2016
My typical day Sacramento Job Core consists of me waking up at 6 o'clock and ending trade hours at 3:30. I learned how to increase my WPM as well terminology. My trade teacher and I have a bond that has taught me how to be consist in my skills. My co-workers have different aspects of life than I. The most enjoyable part of my job is being an important cog to a strong company.
Pros
Free lunches, Job fares, Enthusiatic Staff
Cons
n/a
Management is terrible. No work/life balance
RN/Health & Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 27, 2016
Management is horrible, no work/life balance. On call 24/7. The job is not at all as advertised and once you get in the door you are expected to do way more than there are hours in the day.
good learning along with staff to support
Dry-Wall Applicator Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2016
There was a lot of good times that accrued during my learning process there are many different trades with great teachers and a good learning environment along with several activities that keep you busy and learn hands on
I love it there !
Clinical Certified Nurse Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 30, 2016
I would go to school for about 8 hours
I lived on campus so I pretty much enjoy my training and externship days I enjoyed my teachers and yea it may look easy but its not I had my bad days on internship but I didn't let it break me I still focused on me what I had going on
Pros
Free FOOD, boarding AND they help you out with alot
Cons
NONE
not worth going, only 5 out of 20 people get jobs.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
if you choose a hard trade you will get a job and you don't always get to choose. if you're female, they don't want girls in the harder trades like HVAC or Cement masonry they would rather put most others including myself in a soft trade like Medical administrative assisting, or being a CMA. In the end, I didn't even get my Main certification to become a certified medical administrative assistant. not really beneficial for me and many other and there's outrageous favoritism. lack of communication between the main areas of the school.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
lack of empathy and lack of training.they push you out to get their quota filled
disasemble assignments and puth them back togather
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2016
i learned how to release a pressure vow, and weld, also I earned my forklift certification in job corps I experience welding things together and how if something not going right inform your manger/superviser
Fun workplace pool table and play sports like basketball and volleyball
Plastering (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2016
It was very good experience pick your own career choice and learn what it is like to have a everyday job and work with co workers
Pros
free lunches and a play to stay until you complete the program
I like to bond and get to know my co worker's and my boss
Landscaping Apprentice/Graduate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95832April 20, 2016
On a typical day at work I like to bond with my co workers as we get the job done and come up with new ideas for are job. I learn how get along with others around me and
Pros
I get along with almost anyone one the job and i have a really great personality
Cons
It takes more then once to learn some thing and some times i can get a little slow
Gave me an opportunity to start my career
Clinical Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2016
My experience at Job Corps was excellent i gained a lot more confident's in myself that made me feel i can achieve anything in the career i pursue. I gain great costumer service and many more.
Great Program
Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 20, 2016
Great Program for students looking for trade certification and high school completion. It is wonderful to see the students succeed.
Exciting and professional
Security Cadet (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Sacramento job corps is a educational training school which as a variety of trades such as CMA, CNA ,MAA, security and much more.
Pros
four meals a day, recreation sports.
Cons
behavior in the work force
Typical Workday
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, turning off the alarm & turning on the computers. Then I would log on to the computer and start working on the files from yesterday. I learned about the different types of mental health and what can we do to help people from thinking suicide thoughts. My manger and co-workers were awesome and helpful, the hardest part of the job was trying to keep people on the phone and make them realize that life is precious.
Pros
Lunch-ins, Going outta town
Cons
Contract ended and new management took over and a transition took place company wide.
Deputy Center Director Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 19, 2015
In dealing with the schooling and training of students there was never a typical day. Management taught me a lot about companies minus and plus when a new management team takes over and there is a huge transition center wide.
Pros
Training young minds is a plus
Cons
Many employees lost their jobs during the transitions
N/a
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento job CorpsNovember 12, 2015
I lm working in Dental office as Dental Assistant position. I have some very nice co workers working together. I m also very take care all patients because that is my mission of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sacramento Job Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

Sacramento Job Corps Reviews by Location