Sacramento Municipal Utility District Employee Reviews

Nice Place to Work, Good People
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2015
I research, design, review, evaluate and conduct NERC Continuous Education training to Power System Operations control room personnel and all other classifications mandated by NERC or other grid generation and operating standards regarding the operation, control and monitoring of the SMUD Balancing Authority and SMUD's generation, transmission and gas pipeline facilities.
As a NERC Continuing Education Provider, I design, develop and implement educational and training programs to meet NERC regulatory compliance and reliability standards. I design, develop and implement training solutions for improving human performance and operational reliability of the Power System Operators. I create, present and coordinate course instruction, classroom facilities, A/V equipment, computerized simulation systems and other training material. I record and document the Power System Operator competencies and task performance. I perform Power System Operator job task analysis. I maintain current and up-to-date on national, regional and company specific operating procedures for power system operators. I participate in Electric Industry Training forums. I represent the District and the District's position in external operating groups and other organizations.
Pros
Friendly, well educated, outgoing co-workers.
Cons
Get it done yesterday attitude
Great place to work, they treat employees very well
Document Record Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was all the employee gatherings and team building exercises. There were always potlucks and events that you can bring your children to.
Pros
tries to maintain employee mental and physical health
Cons
not a lot of promotional opportunities because employees love to work at smud til death
Amazing Company to work for!!!
Enterprise Performance Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2015
SMUD has the most amazing employees and work culture; from each department, you work with the best and the brightest. The CEO is hands on with his workforce and the company as a whole operates with integrity and genuine commitment to the community it serves.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
long hours for management employees
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at work, is a very productive day with lots of hands on. During my employment at SMUD I gain excellent computer skills as well as public services that we provided to low income families much in need. The majority of the co-workers are long term employees who are very knowledgeable and resourceful. The hardest part of my job was being a limited term employee, never knew when the last day would be for me. This company is VERY good to work for and I highly suggest anyone who would like a good secure future to apply!
Pros
smud pays double time not over time
Friendly coworkers.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2014
It has very friendly coworkers. The new working bundling is very nice.
This if such an amazing company to work for.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2013
I was blessed for gaining so much knowledge, life skills, education, and work ethics from this company. My co-workers and I became not just co-workers but a family. I will forever be grateful for this experience.
Pros
the knowledge i gained.
Cons
i miss all my co-workers.
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2013
Answered inbound phone calls all day long, learned about electrical terms, management was okay, coworkers were gossipy as any other call center.
Pros
stretch breaks
Cons
high productivity
Productive and fast-paced.
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Herald, CAOctober 26, 2012
Processed security documents and blueprints for projects for SMUD at their Rancho Seco nuclear plant facility.

Want to know more about Sacramento Municipal Utility District?

Ask a question