This position is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced HR Director to build a professional HR function for SHC from the ground up. SHC’s Human Resource Director is a new role, reporting jointly to the President and Principal of SHC, and working closely with school leadership teams as well as faculty, professional, and administrative staff. The position reflects a unique combination of strategic focus with hands-on responsibility for all aspects of human resource management. The successful candidate will be an administrative expert as well as a positive change agent who will focus on building a culture of excellence and supporting strong, productive professional relationships across the institution. S/he will directly contribute to achieving the strategic priorities for SHC and inspire confidence and trust in the human resources function as SHC’s best-practice HR subject matter expert.
This is a 60-80% FTE position with full benefits.
Scope of Duties:
- research, develop and administer all aspects of sound human resource policies, programs and practices that contribute to developing a culture of professionalism, excellence, trust, and fairness
- create, manage, and/or utilize human resource information management systems, including employee paper and electronic files, databases, and reporting systems
- develop and implement a comprehensive performance management system that is relevant, constructive, and fair, and reflects the values, culture, and priorities of SHC
- contribute to training and professional and career development
- proactively anticipate, address, and effectively resolve complex and sensitive employee relations and interpersonal conflict issues including unusual situations where precedents for resolution may not be available
- develop and administer policies and practices that are compliant with local, state, and federal labor and employment laws and regulations, including San Francisco mandated benefits
- develop and administer programs that cover the “lifecycle” of an employee, from recruitment to onboarding to performance management to leaves of absence to termination
- be thoroughly familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and provide expert support and assistance to administration in resolving any issues involving employees covered by the agreement
- manage and execute the investigation and resolution of grievances, allegations, charges and complaints for employees who do not fall under the umbrella of the CBA
- assume a lead role in process improvement and related projects to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of work such as creating common work-flow systems
- across office/administrative functions, developing programs for cross-training, improving the customer service experience, etc.
- support institution-wide adoption of participatory practices including collaboration, consensus-building, and group decision-making to promote inclusion and sound decisions
- proactively identify communication needs across the spectrum of HR functions, develop a strategy for communicating with the community, and craft and deliver communication messages to effectively inform and influence
- work in partnership with Finance on payroll, leave of absence, workers’ compensation and health and welfare administration issues
- collaborate with other stakeholders who have a vested interest in SHC including the Christian Brothers, Daughters of Charity, and the Archdiocese of San Francisco
The ideal candidate will….
- be fully committed to the mission of SHC and know how to align human resources practices with SHC’s mission and strategic priorities
- have a genuine interest in secondary education
- have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and or PHR/SPHR certification with at least 7 years’ experience in human resource management or as a senior human resources generalist, with at least three years in a position that worked directly with a senior leadership team in a policy making role
- be technology savvy including the ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google suite of products; knowledge of HR and payroll systems preferred
- bring strong administrative, organizational, and attention to detail skills
- demonstrate a commitment to efficiency, effectiveness, and continuous improvement
- balance a big picture strategic focus with sweating the day-to-day details
- be flexible in responding to changing needs and priorities
- have a broad HR knowledge base and demonstrated success in implementing the principles, practices, and procedures of human resources management
- develop plans of action that comply with current labor and employment laws and sound business practices
- value data-driven decisions and be able to research and analyze information to arrive at valid conclusions and recommendations
- solve problems, logically and creatively
- demonstrate highly developed negotiation, influencing, and facilitation skills
- demonstrate excellence in verbal and written communication and group presentation skills in service to diverse audiences and constituencies
- demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop trusting relationships with all faculty and staff
- be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimum direction
- exercise sound judgment, knowing instinctively when to seek counsel before making decisions of consequence
- model a high degree of integrity and ethics, with an unwavering commitment to discretion and confidentiality
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references to Carol Collins, Administrative Associate.
Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory provides students with a meaningful, Catholic, college preparatory education in the Lasallian / Vincentian tradition. The school subscribes to an outcomes-based, whole child educational approach that is embraced and enlivened by our committed Religious Studies faculty. Please see our school website, www.shcp.edu, for our Mission Statement, Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs), or to learn more about SHC.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory provides students with a meaningful, Catholic, college preparatory education in the Lasallian...