SACRED HEART COMMUNITY SERVICE

SACRED HEART COMMUNITY SERVICE Employer Reviews

Great work place,...
Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: offer alot of free services
Cons: short term job
I really love to work here, they taught me a lot and how give back to others. And the atmosphere was very busy, But that was Great! every one was kind.
Great place and people to work with
Weatherization Services Technician (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work at
Cons: no place for growth
Helping low income families with measures that would help them save energy.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: helped low-income familes
Cons: unorganized management
Would assist customers by retrieving food, clothing, and miscellaneous items from Sacred Heart's donation bank.

The main skill I learned at Sacred Heart is the value of multi-tasking. Working in a donation center, we would be working with customers while filing reports on what they received, and also organizing and inputting data on new donations.

Management – more... was very relaxed. Being a volunteer based organization, the management was mainly there to just make sure we were reporting on what customers were receiving.

My co-workers were all very much like my self. A college student looking to fill my time with something more productive than hanging out with friends. All of them were very polite and courteous toward customers and my self even when I was the "new guy".

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with irate customers. Many customers were low-income families, and if we ran out of an item they needed (such as bread) it was a big problem for them. When they would get angry at us, we had to diffuse the situation unless a manager was present.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide services to low-income families in my area. – less
Productive and Fun
Administrative Support (Volunteer) (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: meeting awesome and interesting people
The day is always busy with volunteers and customers visiting the office. I learned to multi-task quicker than before. I manage to satisfy a customer's needs without help from co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being familiar with the agency's needs. I enjoyed interacting the volunteers and customers the most.
Good place to work with good people.
Intern (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2013
I love to work at Sacred Heart, I have met so many different people and learned a lot from each of them.
Good place to work with good people.
Intern (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2013