Sacred Heart Health Systems Employee Reviews

work days
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Everyone is overworked and underpaid. No one stands up for you or tries to help get through tough times. No one cares about you. Very poor management.
Pros
Will accumulate lots of PTO but only after you are there after 10+ years.
Cons
Don't earn a full week's vacation until you give at least 1.5 years of service, poor management.
dependable co-workers and Supervisor
Reconciliation Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Sacred Heart Hospital and enjoyed multiple job responsibilities including billing, the reconciliation of Insurance remits and solving Insurance Plans and patient issues. The hardest part of my job was the relocation of my job responsibilities to another state.
Pros
pot lucks
I love working here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 22, 2017
This has been my favorite job so far the nurses are helpful. My manager is always there when I need to talk that's what makes my job so much better. I will recommend this job to anyone in the health care field
By far the best hospital to work for loally!!!
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 16, 2017
My coworkers were extremely helpful and friendly. There was a strong sense of family and team work in the environment. Working on night shift is definitely slower paced but can have its wild moments!
Wonderful Hospital!
Patient Services Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I loved working at Sacred Heart! The staff was always fun to work with and they made the days go by so quickly. As a registrar, the work can become really repetitive and boring but every day you find something to make the day more exciting and challenging. Great place to start as an entry level Health care worker because you learn more about insurance and receive great training!
Pros
Great management team, benefits, great staff, hospital values, work culture, great training
Cons
short breaks, pay can be low unless negotiated, repetitive work, work schedule is limited
Physical Therapy outpatient
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I work in outpatient physical therapy 3 days/week and acute care 1 day per week. In outpatient we have One to one patients, supportive manager, flexible hours, joy to work for this hospital system
The best local hospital in Pensacola
Neuro RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work. Turnover is somewhat heavy, but I've seen that in most hospital systems. Burn out is quick in hospital settings. The did hire new grads, though which is great for new nurses to gain experience.
my review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 25, 2017
It was a well structured facility. Employees worked as a team to get morning labs work done together. Well overall great company to work for. management was great.
Nice place to work. Met intresting people from different walks of life
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 7, 2017
In a typical day at Sacred Heart Hospital was non-stop blood draws or Stat labs order by the ordering physician. Assisting a nurse or Technician with a patient. Dealing with patients throwing temper tandrums, patients crashing, or dying on you and during your shift,and Staff meetings. The hardest part was handling a Doctor yelling at staff. The list goes on, but I'm glad that I was able to adapt to the stressful life of working as both patient care tech and phlebotomist, and still be able to maintain professionalism in all I did. It was also great working for a company that cared for and about your culture and beliefs. The most relaxing and enjoyable part of the work day was lunch breaks. To have that moment to yourself to regroup and refresh your mind. It helps. Lunches are great!
Pros
Company office and family Holiday parties
Cons
Geart benefits
Great Mission, Great People
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 1, 2017
The work never ends, but the organization always tries to find time for the internal community to feel loved whenever it can. The mission comes first, but they never forget the people who make it happen from Janitorial to Admin, and everyone in between.
Pros
Fulfilling work, never boring
Cons
unending like pushing a giant boulder up a hill
Great values and great place to be proud to work for
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Joe, FLMay 23, 2017
For a Coder it's a typical day. Management could use alot of improvement. My opinion is they wear too many hats and tend to not be able to follow through with all obligations. SH is a great Ministry to be proud of. They strive to uphold it's mission and values to the highest.
Couplet Care Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 17, 2017
Great place to work. The staff works together to ensure patient safety. Teamwork is an essential part of the workplace. The hospital is growing and expanding rapidly.
So so thoughts
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 30, 2017
We have our good and bad days like any other workplace. The residents always make me look forward to come into work. You try your hardest not to get too attached to the residents, but it never works out like that. Like your normal friends, you learn who they are, what they did, etc.. so it's hard to not form a connection. Overall a great place to work, they just need to focus on their administrators views towards the coworkers "lower" than them. CNAs are mainly treated with disrespect.
Very busy and productive environment
Clinical Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Very good Hospital that supports there associates. We take good care of our patients and have very good RNs and physicians. We have alot diversity that bring alot different skills to help that Hospital grow.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
You get alot training
Great staff and employee benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Sacred Heart Hospital was my first employer as a RN. I enjoyed the staff and patients very much. Sacred Heart was very good with continuing education and equipping new nurses with the tools needed to achieve confidence in providing quality nursing care.
Pros
Continuing Education opportunities, clean work environment, great pay.
Cons
Understaffing.
Very great atmosphere to work in.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 25, 2017
My first nursing job was within Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola Florida. To say the least, I loved it! I worked in Pediatrics and I miss it dearly. Great co-workers/team work!
team work was a plus
Medical Office Secretary/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Had a great and positive experience working for this company, where I had the opportunity to expand my customer service skills and work in a teamwork environmen
Working here will help improve your work habits.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoyed working here . You have a chance to advance or transfer to a different department to improve your skills. I like the team work that you get from your coworkers.
Easy going staff in a small but busy hospital
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 29, 2016
Sacred Heart Hospital is on the smaller side compared to some other facilities. That was a good thing. The care given was exceptional. The lab in particular was a fun place with some stress sprinkled here and there.
Pros
Part time or full time positions available.
Disappointing
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 18, 2016
Very disappointed in how management treats their employees. They treat you and let you often know that you ARE replaceable.
Pay it poor.
Benefits is the worst I have ever worked for.
Insurance is bad and gets worse each year.
Very high turn over rate of employees.
No raises.
I could go on and on with why you shouldn't waste your time.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many to list