Medical Social Worker
Sacred Heart Hospice - Phoenix, AZ 85032
Sacred Heart Hospice, a Joint Commission Accredited hospice care provider, is an innovator in the use of electronic case management by marrying hospice care with the latest technology designed to streamline the entire business operation.
As a member of the Sacred Heart Hospice team, you will be responsible for providing and coordinating the continuum of care for hospice patients and their families in the Phoenix area. The role of the MSW is to deliver social work services to patients and their families to address their emotional and social needs. The MSW completes psychosocial assessments, provides psychosocial counseling and education, provides anticipatory grief and grief counseling and assists patients and their families through the stages of a life limiting disease. The MSW is an Active member of the Interdiscipinlinary Team (IDT) assisting with development and implementation of patient care plans including bereavement care plans.
- Assesses the patient's social and emotional status in order to estimate the client's capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living and assesses the caregiver psychosocial status.
- Participates in development and revision of plan of care to assist the patient in resolving difficulties, which affect his/her ability to benefit from care provided.
- Provides social services including short-term individual counseling, crisis intervention, assistance in providing information and preparation of advance directives, funeral planning and issues involving transfer of fiscal, legal and health care responsibility.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate community resources and assesses patient/family/caregiver's ability to access them.
- Visits Patients and families in their home, facility or hospital
- Masters of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in Arizona
- One year of social work experience in a hospice care setting or two years of social work experience in an acute or sub-acute setting
- Computer proficiency a must
- Time management skills
- Experience providing care in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An Innovator
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Desire to provide care in the patient’s home
- A background in managed care
- Case Management experience