Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

This was my faviorte job ive ever worked.
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 5, 2016
I loved this place. Lots of work for not the greatest but okay pay. Everyone there was lime family to me. I rocked at all the postions i did there. Only reason i quit was be ause my mother qorked there in housekeeping and then passed away unexpectedly. Made it hard to performe my work duties at the time so i had to quit to heal myself. I have a lot of awesome memories at this place!
Pros
awesome people, awesome job, time flew by
Cons
didnt recive enough income for how many postions and how long i stayed
great place to work.
Certified surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2016
as a surgical tech my duties included assisting the doctors in surgery. preparing the operating room for the surgery. my co-workers were great to work with. they always helped anyone in need. we were like family. i loved the challenges surgery offered. i loved meeting all the patients and talking with them.
Pros
great benefits
Great company and people. Lots of market competition which makes all better.
Regional Director of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 1, 2016
Truly enjoyed working with HSHS and I grew as a professional. Great leadership as I reported to the CFO role. Very busy and I was given many different types of task related to managed care and business outreach. It was truly an honor to work for them.
Pros
Great people who truly wanted to do the right thing for the patients.
Cons
Some pushback to change which is normal for a company of HSHS size.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 28, 2016
its a very relaxed atmosphere and most everyone treats you with respect, however in my department, we are underpaid and therefore, the turnover rate is quite high, leaving us understaffed most of the time.
I loved every day going to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2016
Sacred heart was like a second home everyone cared about getting the job job and worked together to get it done. This was the type of job you would love to go to every day and stay o9ver because you knew they appreciated you
Pros
happiness
Cons
Strong culture of caring.
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work. Staff is focused on providing quality care. Physicians treat nurses well and take time to explain orders and clinical findings.
productive and fun
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2016
Coming in at 7am and signin in patients to see the doctor, and updating info as they leave the er, I also will process insurance if need be and have them sign consent forms for treatment
Pros
being at work
Cons
getting sick
Great Hospital to work for
RN INPATIENT SURGERY ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 23, 2016
Great hospital to work for. Management is amazing and will work with you in time of need. Great scheduling, Excellent benefits.
Overall a great hospital and would recommend to anyone.
Fun workplace
Patient Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
This was a great company to work for, I enjoyed transporting the patients to and from the hospital, listening to a lot of great stories from the elderly.
Pros
GETTING TO GO TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
Cons
NO CONS
productive workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing all of the life stories my elderly patients would share with me. A typical day at work would consist of transporting patients throughout the hospital to all of their test and procedures for that day.
Good Work Enviornment, Fast Passed
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2016
• Collects blood, urine and other laboratory specimens and prepare them for lab testing
• Maintains patient confidentiality and keeps necessary records
• Follows infection control procedures
• Responsible for performing venipuncture, capillary puncture and other fluid collection
Good job for beginners
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 6, 2016
A day at work is dealing with a lot of food and sad people some happy. management needs work, learned about a lot of peoples problems and life experiences, did a lot of inventory.
productive
Patient Care Tech / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 1, 2016
my typical work night was doing Admissions,doctor orders checking the census making sure the patients are in the right bed, faxing ,cleaning equipment, stocking
Great place to grow, but the unit is in flux
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 8, 2016
I would prefer if the information given to a person in an interview is consistent with the day to day realities on the department.
Pros
The patients are great.
Cons
Some coworkers and management tend to be petty and sometimes unprofessional.
Excellent work enironment, spacious, clean, adequate number of work stations, helpful coworkers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 20, 2016
When I accepted the offer to work here it had been nearly 20 years since I last worked in a hospital pharmacy. I did my very best to learn the new skills required and to work in a fairly high pressure and fast paced work environment. I was able to perform most of the job tasks, but I only had 2 months to learn everything before I would have to operate the entire pharmacy by myself. Although I very much enjoyed the interesting work, I did not feel that I could do all that was required of me after such a short period of training and decided that in the interest of patient care and the provision of top quality pharmacy services I would not be able to do this, so I decided to resign from this position.
Pros
helfpul coworkers, good management by pharmacy director, pleasant environment
Cons
very stressful conditions
Fun workplace and nice co workers
Volunteer at sacred heart hospital (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work was cleaning the cafeteria and restocking the soda and condiments. The hardest part of the job was the hours because i worked a full 8 hours because my mom worked there two and she was my ride. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the people that works there
Great hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2016
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedules, knowledgeable staff, works well with students school schedules and clinical rotations.
Pros
Works with my school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Organizationsn't
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 1, 2016
Doesn't provide enough training, supervisor is insecure with her job and the administrator rides everyones back. The co-workers are great. The Haven is affiliated with Sacred Heart which provides service to poor. Sacred heart is owned by Ascension Health Services which is discriminate to itsd employees.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
to many call-outs
Patient Experience of helping others.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I loved my job working as a valet attendant at sacred heart hospital. I made my days be the best days of the week. I worked a Monday thru Friday shift. I love helping patient and visitors in and out of vehicles. Also learning every technique how to assist patients into vehicles after they have been discharge from the hospital. I parked just about every car I can think of, as far from Chevy, ford, Nissan, Porsche, etc. A typical day of work was from parking more than a hundred fifty cars on a daily basis. Management did an okay job as far as looking out for their employees. I feel like my management team did not really care about the valet team; only time will be acknowledge if we was to do something wrong. The hardest part about the job was to come to work everyday knowing whether you still going to be there or not which made it very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just parking cars, but it was taking care of patients. Interacting with show them that you care about them and whatever it was they was going through with their loved ones.
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
Pros
reduced cafeteria food
Cons
management

Sacred Heart Hospital Reviews by Location