Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Art Therapist/Trauma Therapist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 30, 2017
My experience with Sacred Heart Hospital has been very good. In my unique field, I have been able to work without anyone micromanaging me, which is a huge plus.
Pros
Autonomy, FT for my field and recognition
Cons
Non-profit means minimal wage increases, high management turnover
Amazing facility
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 25, 2017
I precepted at this hospital in the department that I evenutally took a full-time position. I loved my job there. My nurse manager, my co-workers and my patients made my job as a nurse so much more enjoyable. My patients really are the ones who made my job as their caregiver the highlight of my day. Not to mention all the things I learned about different invasive and non-invasive procedures. Also, being able to spend some quality time with them and explaining the next steps in their care and what to expect after discharge was very much appreciated by my patients. When I was floated to other units the nurses and techs there made my visit to their department enjoyable as well with any assistance I may of needed. Everyone that I came across at Sacred Heart was ALWAYS pleasant and smiling.
Pros
amazing team
Cons
sometimes procedural departments would hit us all at once with an influx of patients, but with great teamwork we were always able to overcome the anxiety.
Very poorly managed institution
UR/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
The hospital has closed. There was a toxic atmosphere, many underhanded hings going on. Poor nursing care. unncessary surgeries, extended hospital stays.
Entry level cardiac job
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2017
The EKG job is truly where I had the opportunity to learn test I g procedures, took rhythm courses, learned stress testing and Holger monitor recognition. It was a wonderful experience that I am grateful for. The hardest part of the job was handling acute onset arrhythmias or ischemia during stress tests in the beginning of my training. However, with time and support it became routine. All three shifts are scheduled.
Pros
A good starting point for personal growth and physiology knowledge
Cons
Must be able to walk miles for 8 hrs which may b hard for some
Productive and Fun workplace
Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Intern (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 11, 2017
Fabulous co-workers and patients. Very positive and educational atmosphere. Very open to students shadowing and participating in internship experiences.
being outsourced/new company
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2017
My job is being taken over by revenue cycle, part time employees do not get benefits, insurance for full time employees is increasing with no pay increase
Mental health tech
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2017
This a great place to work. A little overwhelming at first because of the types of patients that u had to take care of. But definitely a good place to work at
Very stressfull
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 22, 2017
Immediately after signing in I would go to the hospital and collect the days work sheets. I would then go the building I worked in, which wasn't attached to the hospital. Then I would make coffee for the group, get on the phone and call the different insurance company that the patients had. We would try to find out when they would send payments. There would be lunch and then start all over again.
Pros
Enjoying being able to work among people who were working for the common goal
Cons
Not taking to heart what the insurance companies said about you.
Worked there 26 years and loved staff but corporate take over caused lack of patient satisfaction.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2017
Level 3 NICU 55 bed unit that was a great environment to work through and friendly seasoned staff. So many changes in management structure and patient prioritizing. Majority of my nursing career spent at this facility and I learned so much as a nurse and as a person.
Pros
Loved nursing and medical staff
Cons
Low salary and minimal advancement.
Stressful
Transfusion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2017
Not a fan. Stressful jjob with minimum support staff. Need for better training and understanding of job requirements. Managers not available when needed.
volunteering
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 11, 2017
Sacred heart is a great place to volunteer. The people who work there went out of their way to welcome me. Helping patients and other departments was extremely fulfilling.
Short staffed
Food and Nutrition cook (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 8, 2017
Constantly short staffed hospital wide too many cuts but good benefits pto etc but the stress may makr you rethink your decisions tp work here at this here hospital.
Had excellent management, now poor
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 7, 2017
When I first started at Sacred Heart it was my dream job. Then the great tech manager moved on and a horrible person replaced him. Since then its been a negative work environment. The new management never takes responsibility for their mistakes and just always has excuses never solutions. She also makes empty promises constantly and lets her employees down.
Sacred Heart
Team Lead Coder (Current Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
This organization was a blessing I really enjoyed working with the staff. They made me feel at home and was/is very supportive when it comes to experiencing new activities.
Pros
Excellent organization
Cons
There aren't more companies like this one
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2017
Unsatisfactory place to work. Poor management, Poor patient/nurse ratios, unrealistic employee expectations, unprofessional behavior from management, stepping stone
Nice people I worked with
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2017
I worked PRN in the MRI dept. I wasn't there long enough to give any advice................................I moved out of the area. This thing is making me type stuff
Something new everyday
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 18, 2017
I loved my job at Sacred Heart there was something new to challenge ourselves with everytday. My coworkers were great but the general attitude of the company was all employees are replaceable so you dont get a great feeling of ob security. Overall though i loved my job!!
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Never took breaks
Small good hospital
Benefit Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 13, 2017
good place to learn
Busy, but not too unbearable
not always fair to employees
Good nursing care was observed
Dedicated employees work there
Hospital is trying to build better
Pros
people
Cons
Not fair to long term dedicated emloyees always
enjoyable workplace
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 9, 2017
I love working in the pharmacy department at Sacred Heart in Pensacola, FL. I am a pharmacist and we are a family. I am able to do clinical work on any floor and I love the variety of shifts available.
Very Patient care oriented staff
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 3, 2017
Staff is very good with patients. Treat them like real people, not a number like the bigger facilities. Doctors are above average. A lot of great staff.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
unstable hours