Sacred Heart Medical Group Employee Reviews

great company to work for!
PHYSICIAN BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 19, 2017
My last job with Sacred Heart was an awesome job. I loved the challenge and it taught me alot! The environment was great and the opportunities were endless. I tell anybody that ask me Sacred Heart is a great company to work for!
HR department and upper management is terrible.
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
It takes months to get anyone hired, the firing process is terrible, and getting anything done by someone outside of your office is practically impossible.
Pros
free lunches, great office. great people
Cons
Corporate, Hr, management outside of the office
Very good work environment
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 1, 2017
Sacred Heart provided a very good work environment and always made it sure our best interest was at hand. My supervisors were very understanding of home lives
Great clinical staff, under staffed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 18, 2017
The clinical staff at SHMG is wonderful, they understand the concept of team work. However, the front staff is not properly trained. They did not have a proper supervisor allowing for things to be missed and done incorrectly. And lastly, management although in the beginning were very helpful and stood for what management should be -this quickly changed and unfortunately made working for the company difficult.
Don't care about there employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Sacred Heart Hospital was an Excellent company to work for until the company Ascension took over and they have changed so much. They have took so much for the employees we don't get raises or bonuses.No more free lunches
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only 30 min lunch breaks
Productive and Wonderful Learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32507June 21, 2016
Busy medical office with outstanding staff. Able to learn as you work and really enjoy going to work. Staff always willing to help.
Cons
salary
A usual work day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Patient registration; appointment scheduling; verify insurance eligibility; obtain authorization when needed; triage patients such as obtain vitals when needed; collect patients copays for appointments.

I love helping patients feel better health wise. Most of the time, patients already are not feeling well and you may be the only one to have a smile on your face and being nice to make their day a lot better. My co-workers and I use a system of "Team work" to get the patients taken care of. I work for a great physician. I have been her for almost 8 years this November 2015. My manager is very understanding. She listens when we all have a moment of needing to just talk and express ourselves.

I love the fact that patients ask for me by name when I am out of the office or gone on my lunch break.
Pros
great insurance, great company
Cons
pay for your experience
Busy environment
MEDICAL OFFICE SECRETARY for 9 physicians and lab (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 7, 2015
Busy all day long. Great coworkers and nurses and doctors. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the ringing phones. I enjoyed getting to know the patients and meeting their appointment needs.
Pros
Lots of free catered lunches from drug reps
Cons
Phones not working right
Great
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Employer is wonderful with employees and patients! Excellent one on one care!
Very busy family practice offices
Medical Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Enjoy the people that I work with and getting to help patients
Santa Rosa Beach Family Practice BEWARE!
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  santa rosa beachNovember 2, 2013
The office manager is a complete control freak, she pits her front office staff against the clinic staff. Tells you one day to do something then reprimands you for it the next. The physicians are ok but beware their nurses. They treat the medical assistants like they are beneath them and pawns off their mistakes on them as well. I don't know how the other offices are but the Santa Rosa Beach group is not a good working environment. I was also told the pay rate was much higher than it really was during my interview.
Pros
Cons
manager/nurses
The organization is focused on patient care and employee health.
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 1, 2013
Focus of the day is on getting patients scheduled and tested as in a timely manner.
The physicians are constantly teaching the associates new and different aspects of the cardiac system, as they come across them in their daily activities.
Management works hard to balance the schedule with work demand and sees that the associates are able to come together, outside of work, to get to know each other on a personal level as well.
Associates are not bothered by assisting each other in aspects of work outside of their own skill line. This helps with staff is low for any reason.
The hardest part of the job is knowing that you cannot fix all patients problems.
The best part of the job isknowing that by doing the test you may have just saved a patients life.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No advancement opportunities in my field.
High stress and not enough help with Pain mangt office
Medical Assistant/ Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLAugust 11, 2013
This office (pain mgt) was run with not enough help or without the proper job assignment. The office was in transformation when I left to EMR and was undergoing a big change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough help(employees)
fun work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze,flAugust 8, 2013
enjoy going to work and love my co-workers there is nothing I can say bad about this job.
Cons
short lunch
Great benefits
Operations Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2013
Great benefits; requires great dedication
Lots of turn over in upper management
recent lay offs

don't bother
MOS (Former Employee) –  Urgent careApril 26, 2013
Poorly managed. Low wages for the skill set required. No advancement opportunities. Any training for other areas within the office is dependent on whether or not those who have been there longer have been trained in those areas first., even if those employees have declined and show no interest in more training. Dead end job.
Enjoyed working with physicians
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 8, 2012
Office is fast paced. Part of implementation of electronic charting and messaging. Most enjoyable was working with physicians.
Pros
lunches brought in by pharmacy reps
Cons
office understaffed
Great place to learn and execute me skills learned in school
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola,FLSeptember 6, 2012
Sacred Heart Medical Group is where I completed my required 200 externship hours to be able to graduate from Fortis Institute.
Very large Hospital Fasility with many Family Practices
Medical Assistant (MA/MOS) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2012
This place is all about money not patients. Lacks personal rights as far as promoting religion etc. literally.
I would of ranked it a 1 but it wouldnt let me go figure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sacred Heart Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9