Sacred Heart University Employee Reviews

great place to work
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTSeptember 14, 2016
best part of the job the students is very respectful my co -workers are great management is ok i have learned customer skills and i love driving that is the best part
Great place to further your education if you so desire as an employee
Sr. Technical Services Specialist Tier II (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 15, 2016
I really enjoy driving to and from work here at Sacred Heart University. It is really a great environment to work in. The classes are really in tune to theory and practical for every focus.

A typical work day consist of support student, faculty, and staff having working desktops and laptops either by going onsite, phone support, or having to remote into a system to resolve and issue.

In my time at SHU, I've learned a great deal about managing people and what it takes to be sound and balanced leader. Each person plays a strong role in making the university function better.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
It is good
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 14, 2016
Sacred Heart is a nice place to work at if you are a student. The atmosphere is certainly friendly and welcoming. The compensation is acceptable. In my time here I have seen most people move on to work outside of school rather then get promoted here. But it is a university, this is most likely natural.
Pros
Great people, beautiful school
good company to work with and to study.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Overall its good University to work with. Also very good environment for international student like me. All employee are very helpful and kind with each other.
Work Study at Sacred Heart University
Student and Work Study Recipient (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 21, 2016
I work study for the music department, specifically the band. I copy music, send out emails and letters, run errands, typical office work. Sometimes I work with other work study students who are my friends but usually I prefer to work alone as it gives me the chance to do the work fast and efficiently. My supervisors are the band director and the assistance band director and they are great people and make working for them a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job is staying entertained, a lot of the time there isn't any work to get done so I have to find something to pass the time until something comes up. The most enjoyable part is that I basically get to choose my hours and days of when I want to come in, which is great because I am a commuter to school and I prefer to work when I am all ready on campus for class, it is a long drive and I wouldn't just want to come for work study.
Pros
flexible hours, choose when to work
Cons
oftentimes it is boring, pay is only Connecticut minimum wage and max pay is $1000 for the year
Great place to learn
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 18, 2016
I learned a great deal from my professors here at SHU and I am forever grateful for the experience. As a graduate student clinician and a research assistance my workload was very busy but I learned time management skills from balancing this type of schedule.
Pleasant work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 29, 2016
Pleasant work environment and friendly, warm atmosphere for faculty, staff and students. Buildings and landscape area are all new and very attractive.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 23, 2016
I learn about how a medical office runs and had great guidance and support from the staff. The office personal are wonderful people who are helpful in teaching about medical administration and are enjoyable to work for.
Productive, positive work environment that can help me learn.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 14, 2016
A typical work day consisted of answering phone calls from Sacred Heart students, parents, or faculty who had questions about the University as well as the programs and classes the University offered and directing them to the appropriate department or person they were looking for.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Was only offered a minimum amount of hours from the University
Initially a good place to work, but one that changed all top and middle management and let all freshman writing instructors go.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 17, 2015
I spent almost 12 years at SHU, and I have to say my colleagues and I enjoyed teaching the small classes in freshman writing. We spent our class and tutoring time nurturing a student's writing style and helping them grow in the college experience.

For the first 10 years I taught at SHU, management could not have been more supportive. They listened to any issues we had and acted on them. It was a most comfortable environment. Then, the president resigned and his replacement removed most of the deans with whom we worked. It was then determined to eliminate all freshman writing programs, which ended our time at SHU.

Overall, the students were eager, and there were almost no cons to the job. We all looked forward to entering the classroom every day and to interacting with each other.
Good Flexibility and Purpose, Poor Upper Management/Advancement
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 16, 2014
A lot for a little..

A lot of work for mediocre compensation. Great flexibility in lifestyle/workplace but not terrific culture, guidance, leadership or room for growth.
Spontaneous work environment with a great staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Fun place to work with ever changing work conditions. Management that is willing to be flexible to match changing situations due to weather, personal dilemmas, school/other work schedules. Departments usually try to work in tandem with one another.
Close and supportive athletic staff members
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 20, 2016
The Athletic Training Program at Sacred Heart University represents a little loving family where everyone works together and has respect for one another.
Wonderful experience
Tutor, Undergraduate Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 27, 2016
I was a tutor at my Grad school. I was teaching undergrad students Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology etc. It was a different experience to be able to teach someone else. I really enjoyed teaching students.
Pros
A way to keep learning. Good school.
Great College Experience
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santurce, PRMarch 16, 2015
I started working here as contract and then as work study. I made excellent long life friends. Work would be hectic but fun. Helping new students, and orientating possible candidates with inquiries was such a great experience. Management was terrific!
Pros
Work around college hours
Cons
i love working at sacred heart university
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2015
maintaining a clean and safe work environment daily ,cleaning university and facilities associated daily follow written or verbal directions given by supervisor to respond to needs of events
Pros
we did get free lunch at time
Cons
we had three breaks in a period of 8 hours
Delivered business conferences, seminars, and workshops for a collaborative agreement between Sacred Heart University and the Small Business Administr
STRATEGIC MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 14, 2014
 Key business partner, overseeing the business from diverse perspectives in order to craft tailored plans and initiatives, within a program allied with the Small Business Administration.
 Moderator for the Radio program: “Espacio Empresarial” covering topics of interest for small and medium businesses: Steps to Starting a Business in Puerto Rico, Writing Business Plans, Tax Responsibility for Small Businesses) and Human Resources
 Collaborated in the coordination of the event” Empresarismo con Aroma de Mujer” and key consultant in all aspects of business administration. Prepared business plans and documents, and regularly attended continuing education seminars on diverse business topics.
productive and fast past
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 29, 2015
at sacred heart my day starts with me going to the basement and getting all supplies i need to make my bar for a large private party. there are certian colors we use for certian parties. i have to get all liquor that is required for party and risers to set it up. i then go into the hall and cut my fruit set up my ice bins and then last but not lease set up liquor to appeal to the eye. stock under table to make backups and then banquet serve liquor beer wine soda and waters to the entire party.
Pros
free lunch and good hourly
Not a nice place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Disorganized Public Safety Dept; with terrible managers. More of a social club then an organized department. If parents knew they wouldn't send their kids there.
Pros
only 8 hour shifts
Cons
everything else.
Welcoming and fun work place.
Office Administrator and Teacher (Former Employee) –  Connecticut USAMay 22, 2013
My day would begin at 8:30am. I would arrive at the office and my boss would have a to-do pile of various things for me to do e.g projects including research for international Summer Testing and tallying up Summer Pay Rolls. I would then teach for 2 hours every day, basic reading and writing to non-native English speakers which I enjoyed immensely. Then in the afternoon I would pair up with other student and have a conversation with them to help them improve their English. It was a wonderful experience. I got along with everyone very well.
Pros
Excellent staff members to help me when I was lost.
Cons
Honestly, none!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sacred Heart University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4