Sacred Heart University

Sacred Heart University Employer Reviews

Good Flexibility and Purpose, Poor Upper Management/Advancement
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 16, 2014
A lot for a little..

A lot of work for mediocre compensation. Great flexibility in lifestyle/workplace but not terrific culture, guidance, leadership or room for growth.
slow paced but personal and persuasive job
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 14, 2014
team based atmosphere of callers all working towards same monetary goal. enjoyable employees to work with.
Head Coach and Instructor Swimming
Head Coach and Istructor (Current Employee), PRFebruary 21, 2014
Swimming champion with a record of over 20 years. Swimming instructor of children, youth and adults. Selection Head Swim Team Coach PR. He also worked for the Treasury Department of Puerto Rico.
very good learning experience
Resident Hall Director (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTDecember 13, 2013
Intense work and school life balance challenges but helped me decide what path I would eventually take professionally.
Administrative Support for Chairman of Department of Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: college funding
Cons: fair pay
Was many years ago school has totally restructured. Great work environment pay if fair unless you use the college benefit for your children.
student teacher
student teacher (Former Employee), connecticutOctober 20, 2013
assisted in the learning lab while attended classes at SHU followed the direction of the faculty managing the lab to provide support to the students
Welcoming and fun work place.
Office Administrator and Teacher (Former Employee), Connecticut USAMay 22, 2013
Pros: excellent staff members to help me when i was lost.
Cons: honestly, none!
My day would begin at 8:30am. I would arrive at the office and my boss would have a to-do pile of various things for me to do e.g projects including research for international Summer Testing and tallying up Summer Pay Rolls. I would then teach for 2 hours every day, basic reading and writing to non-native English speakers which I enjoyed immensely. – more... Then in the afternoon I would pair up with other student and have a conversation with them to help them improve their English. It was a wonderful experience. I got along with everyone very well. – less
Excellent University to work in the country as a Special Event Professor
Part Time Professor Business Administration Dept (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 21, 2013
Teach Bachelor and Graduate courses of Special Events Productions gear to obtain the Puerto Rico Producer License.
Good enviornment for living and learning
Event Staff, Work Study (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 5, 2013
We assemble and prepare an area for a specific sporting event, sell tickets and overview all aspects that go into the game and after.
Enjoyable Job
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTDecember 29, 2012
Pros: playing basketball, gear
The typical day here was great, wkae up ready to play basketball. Work with children of all age groups in developing their sens of skill and moves for basketball. Co-workers were great to work with as it was with my teammates from college. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to wake up and help girls of all ages understand the time and effort – more... it takes to play college basketball and be a student of the game as well. – less
Seeking full-time or part-time Dental Assistant Instructor
Adjunct Professor of Biology and Microbiology (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTOctober 22, 2012
Enjoy Teaching and Developing New Programs, and courses.
At Three Rivers Comminity College, as one of the 2 Program Directors, I was very dedicated to my students and tried to get everyone to pass the course and RHS exam , complete the internship, and get a job. We did four-handed Dentsitry on plastic dummies with typodonts.
Excellent
Graduate Assistant for Graduate Admissions Office (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTAugust 18, 2012
Great place to work, good atmosphere and the bosses/co-workers are very nice/easy to get along with
friendly supportive colleagues, rewards loyalty.
Adjunct Instructor and Freshman Advisor (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMay 27, 2012
Pros: regular change in routine, constantly meeting new people
Cons: doesn't pay very well
You get to start the day looking forward to engaging with fun enthusiastic students. you work with colleagues that are always looking for an ear to bnd in interesting intelligent converstation and are willing to bend over backwards to help you out. Wonderful place to work if you like an academic environment.
Great school with fun environment
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMay 22, 2012
Although small, Sacred Heart provides a great education and learning experience. Surrounding towns are fun and exciting with lots of great places to go including the beach only a short car ride away.
Friendly atmosphere
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 20, 2012
Pros: comfortable workplace
I found my supervisor to be helpful and respectful. The work load was manageable.