Sacred Heart University Employee Reviews

Sacred Heart University
Sideline Reporter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 16, 2015
My time as an undregrad and now working with the university has been a great experience and the environment is so fun to be a part of. I wouldn't change a thing!
i love working at sacred heart university
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2015
maintaining a clean and safe work environment daily ,cleaning university and facilities associated daily follow written or verbal directions given by supervisor to respond to needs of events
Pros
we did get free lunch at time
Cons
we had three breaks in a period of 8 hours
good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work.
Excellent co workers.
Beautiful campus.
Great and high quality of education.
Big satisfaction when you have the opportunity to service the youth.
Not a nice place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Disorganized Public Safety Dept; with terrible managers. More of a social club then an organized department. If parents knew they wouldn't send their kids there.
Pros
only 8 hour shifts
Cons
everything else.
Spontaneous work environment with a great staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Fun place to work with ever changing work conditions. Management that is willing to be flexible to match changing situations due to weather, personal dilemmas, school/other work schedules. Departments usually try to work in tandem with one another.
Scribe for Disabed students
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTSeptember 21, 2015
I helped take notes for disabled students at y college a few times a week. I enjoyed it because I got a chance to listen to the actual lesson.
Fun workplace
Senior IT Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 25, 2015
SHU has honestly been one of the best workplaces I have worked at throughout my years of working. I enjoyed being able to have good relationships with the hire ups and all those who I worked with. Having these relationships allowed for a better and less stressful type of work environment.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Initially a good place to work, but one that changed all top and middle management and let all freshman writing instructors go.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 17, 2015
I spent almost 12 years at SHU, and I have to say my colleagues and I enjoyed teaching the small classes in freshman writing. We spent our class and tutoring time nurturing a student's writing style and helping them grow in the college experience.

For the first 10 years I taught at SHU, management could not have been more supportive. They listened to any issues we had and acted on them. It was a most comfortable environment. Then, the president resigned and his replacement removed most of the deans with whom we worked. It was then determined to eliminate all freshman writing programs, which ended our time at SHU.

Overall, the students were eager, and there were almost no cons to the job. We all looked forward to entering the classroom every day and to interacting with each other.
Very good experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 16, 2015
I learned so much from working at Sacred Heart and I had the best leaders ever. I had so much fun too. My co-workers were great.
Pros
Very convinient
Cons
No breaks
Top of the line education
Professional Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, ConnecticutMay 31, 2015
I have worked with the best Nurses, APRNs, and Doctors to get a wonderful full scope of practice in the field of Nursing. I have learned more than I could ever have imagined. I would recommend this school to anyone that has the drive and the will to go for the gold. This is definitely the place to achieve your dreams.
productive and fast past
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 29, 2015
at sacred heart my day starts with me going to the basement and getting all supplies i need to make my bar for a large private party. there are certian colors we use for certian parties. i have to get all liquor that is required for party and risers to set it up. i then go into the hall and cut my fruit set up my ice bins and then last but not lease set up liquor to appeal to the eye. stock under table to make backups and then banquet serve liquor beer wine soda and waters to the entire party.
Pros
free lunch and good hourly
Great workplace with an opportunity to learn
Professor of Anatomy and Physiology (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 30, 2015
Sacred Heart is a great workplace. I have been given the opportunity to teach undergraduate students anatomy and physiology. At this job, I have been given the opportunity to ignite a passion for medicine for my students.
Student Union Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 22, 2015
Loved working at SHU. I obtained both my bachelors and MBA from here, while being a Grad Assistant for the Student Union. Great community, overall extremely good experience.
Great College Experience
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santurce, PRMarch 16, 2015
I started working here as contract and then as work study. I made excellent long life friends. Work would be hectic but fun. Helping new students, and orientating possible candidates with inquiries was such a great experience. Management was terrific!
Pros
work around college hours
Everyday School
Staff Writer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 27, 2015
I really enjoy school at Sacred Heart University. The class sizes are small and I love the campus setting. I would recommend this school to others.
Fun Work experience
Radio Show Host (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at the radio show was discussing many different controversial topics such as the second amendment and the knockout game. My co-host was a friend of mine. We worked well together and but the down side was that we agreed on just about everything so there wasn't much debating. The hardest part of the job was the research needed to keep a conversation alive and entertaining. The best part of a job was actually having a show that people listened to, however few they may have been.
Delivered business conferences, seminars, and workshops for a collaborative agreement between Sacred Heart University and the Small Business Administr
STRATEGIC MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 14, 2014
 Key business partner, overseeing the business from diverse perspectives in order to craft tailored plans and initiatives, within a program allied with the Small Business Administration.
 Moderator for the Radio program: “Espacio Empresarial” covering topics of interest for small and medium businesses: Steps to Starting a Business in Puerto Rico, Writing Business Plans, Tax Responsibility for Small Businesses) and Human Resources
 Collaborated in the coordination of the event” Empresarismo con Aroma de Mujer” and key consultant in all aspects of business administration. Prepared business plans and documents, and regularly attended continuing education seminars on diverse business topics.
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 17, 2014
I work here as a student employee, I have been since I was a freshman. I have learned management skills along with analytical skills.
Good Flexibility and Purpose, Poor Upper Management/Advancement
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 16, 2014
A lot for a little..

A lot of work for mediocre compensation. Great flexibility in lifestyle/workplace but not terrific culture, guidance, leadership or room for growth.
slow paced but personal and persuasive job
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 14, 2014
team based atmosphere of callers all working towards same monetary goal. enjoyable employees to work with.

4.4