Sacred Heart University Employee Reviews in United States

Work Study at Sacred Heart University
Student and Work Study Recipient (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 21, 2016
I work study for the music department, specifically the band. I copy music, send out emails and letters, run errands, typical office work. Sometimes I work with other work study students who are my friends but usually I prefer to work alone as it gives me the chance to do the work fast and efficiently. My supervisors are the band director and the assistance band director and they are great people and make working for them a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job is staying entertained, a lot of the time there isn't any work to get done so I have to find something to pass the time until something comes up. The most enjoyable part is that I basically get to choose my hours and days of when I want to come in, which is great because I am a commuter to school and I prefer to work when I am all ready on campus for class, it is a long drive and I wouldn't just want to come for work study.
Pros
flexible hours, choose when to work
Cons
oftentimes it is boring, pay is only Connecticut minimum wage and max pay is $1000 for the year
It is good
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 14, 2016
Sacred Heart is a nice place to work at if you are a student. The atmosphere is certainly friendly and welcoming. The compensation is acceptable. In my time here I have seen most people move on to work outside of school rather then get promoted here. But it is a university, this is most likely natural.
Pros
Great people, beautiful school
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 23, 2016
I learn about how a medical office runs and had great guidance and support from the staff. The office personal are wonderful people who are helpful in teaching about medical administration and are enjoyable to work for.
Great place to further your education if you so desire as an employee
Sr. Technical Services Specialist Tier II (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 15, 2016
I really enjoy driving to and from work here at Sacred Heart University. It is really a great environment to work in. The classes are really in tune to theory and practical for every focus.

A typical work day consist of support student, faculty, and staff having working desktops and laptops either by going onsite, phone support, or having to remote into a system to resolve and issue.

In my time at SHU, I've learned a great deal about managing people and what it takes to be sound and balanced leader. Each person plays a strong role in making the university function better.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Great place to learn
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 18, 2016
I learned a great deal from my professors here at SHU and I am forever grateful for the experience. As a graduate student clinician and a research assistance my workload was very busy but I learned time management skills from balancing this type of schedule.
Productive, positive work environment that can help me learn.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 14, 2016
A typical work day consisted of answering phone calls from Sacred Heart students, parents, or faculty who had questions about the University as well as the programs and classes the University offered and directing them to the appropriate department or person they were looking for.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Was only offered a minimum amount of hours from the University
Close and supportive athletic staff members
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 20, 2016
The Athletic Training Program at Sacred Heart University represents a little loving family where everyone works together and has respect for one another.
Wonderful experience
Tutor, Undergraduate Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 27, 2016
I was a tutor at my Grad school. I was teaching undergrad students Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology etc. It was a different experience to be able to teach someone else. I really enjoyed teaching students.
Pros
A way to keep learning. Good school.
Sacred Heart University
Sideline Reporter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 16, 2015
My time as an undregrad and now working with the university has been a great experience and the environment is so fun to be a part of. I wouldn't change a thing!
i love working at sacred heart university
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2015
maintaining a clean and safe work environment daily ,cleaning university and facilities associated daily follow written or verbal directions given by supervisor to respond to needs of events
Pros
we did get free lunch at time
Cons
we had three breaks in a period of 8 hours
good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work.
Excellent co workers.
Beautiful campus.
Great and high quality of education.
Big satisfaction when you have the opportunity to service the youth.
Not a nice place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Disorganized Public Safety Dept; with terrible managers. More of a social club then an organized department. If parents knew they wouldn't send their kids there.
Pros
only 8 hour shifts
Cons
everything else.
Spontaneous work environment with a great staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 31, 2015
Fun place to work with ever changing work conditions. Management that is willing to be flexible to match changing situations due to weather, personal dilemmas, school/other work schedules. Departments usually try to work in tandem with one another.
Scribe for Disabed students
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTSeptember 21, 2015
I helped take notes for disabled students at y college a few times a week. I enjoyed it because I got a chance to listen to the actual lesson.
Fun workplace
Senior IT Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 25, 2015
SHU has honestly been one of the best workplaces I have worked at throughout my years of working. I enjoyed being able to have good relationships with the hire ups and all those who I worked with. Having these relationships allowed for a better and less stressful type of work environment.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Initially a good place to work, but one that changed all top and middle management and let all freshman writing instructors go.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 17, 2015
I spent almost 12 years at SHU, and I have to say my colleagues and I enjoyed teaching the small classes in freshman writing. We spent our class and tutoring time nurturing a student's writing style and helping them grow in the college experience.

For the first 10 years I taught at SHU, management could not have been more supportive. They listened to any issues we had and acted on them. It was a most comfortable environment. Then, the president resigned and his replacement removed most of the deans with whom we worked. It was then determined to eliminate all freshman writing programs, which ended our time at SHU.

Overall, the students were eager, and there were almost no cons to the job. We all looked forward to entering the classroom every day and to interacting with each other.
Very good experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 16, 2015
I learned so much from working at Sacred Heart and I had the best leaders ever. I had so much fun too. My co-workers were great.
Pros
Very convinient
Cons
No breaks
Top of the line education
Professional Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, ConnecticutMay 31, 2015
I have worked with the best Nurses, APRNs, and Doctors to get a wonderful full scope of practice in the field of Nursing. I have learned more than I could ever have imagined. I would recommend this school to anyone that has the drive and the will to go for the gold. This is definitely the place to achieve your dreams.
productive and fast past
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 29, 2015
at sacred heart my day starts with me going to the basement and getting all supplies i need to make my bar for a large private party. there are certian colors we use for certian parties. i have to get all liquor that is required for party and risers to set it up. i then go into the hall and cut my fruit set up my ice bins and then last but not lease set up liquor to appeal to the eye. stock under table to make backups and then banquet serve liquor beer wine soda and waters to the entire party.
Pros
free lunch and good hourly
Great workplace with an opportunity to learn
Professor of Anatomy and Physiology (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 30, 2015
Sacred Heart is a great workplace. I have been given the opportunity to teach undergraduate students anatomy and physiology. At this job, I have been given the opportunity to ignite a passion for medicine for my students.

4.4