Sacred Heart University Employee Reviews

Initially a good place to work, but one that changed all top and middle management and let all freshman writing instructors go.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 17, 2015
I spent almost 12 years at SHU, and I have to say my colleagues and I enjoyed teaching the small classes in freshman writing. We spent our class and tutoring time nurturing a student's writing style and helping them grow in the college experience.

For the first 10 years I taught at SHU, management could not have been more supportive. They listened to any issues we had and acted on them. It was a most comfortable environment. Then, the president resigned and his replacement removed most of the deans with whom we worked. It was then determined to eliminate all freshman writing programs, which ended our time at SHU.

Overall, the students were eager, and there were almost no cons to the job. We all looked forward to entering the classroom every day and to interacting with each other.
Very good experience
Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Very convinient
Cons: No breaks
I learned so much from working at Sacred Heart and I had the best leaders ever. I had so much fun too. My co-workers were great.
Top of the line education
Professional Student Nurse (Current Employee), Fairfield, ConnecticutMay 31, 2015
I have worked with the best Nurses, APRNs, and Doctors to get a wonderful full scope of practice in the field of Nursing. I have learned more than I could ever have imagined. I would recommend this school to anyone that has the drive and the will to go for the gold. This is definitely the place to achieve your dreams.
productive and fast past
Bartender (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch and good hourly
at sacred heart my day starts with me going to the basement and getting all supplies i need to make my bar for a large private party. there are certian colors we use for certian parties. i have to get all liquor that is required for party and risers to set it up. i then go into the hall and cut my fruit set up my ice bins and then last but not lease set up liquor to appeal to the eye. stock under table to make backups and then banquet serve liquor beer wine soda and waters to the entire party.
Great workplace with an opportunity to learn
Professor of Anatomy and Physiology (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTApril 30, 2015
Sacred Heart is a great workplace. I have been given the opportunity to teach undergraduate students anatomy and physiology. At this job, I have been given the opportunity to ignite a passion for medicine for my students.
Student Union Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTApril 22, 2015
Loved working at SHU. I obtained both my bachelors and MBA from here, while being a Grad Assistant for the Student Union. Great community, overall extremely good experience.
Great College Experience
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee), Santurce, PRMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work around college hours
I started working here as contract and then as work study. I made excellent long life friends. Work would be hectic but fun. Helping new students, and orientating possible candidates with inquiries was such a great experience. Management was terrific!
Everyday School
Staff Writer (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTJanuary 27, 2015
I really enjoy school at Sacred Heart University. The class sizes are small and I love the campus setting. I would recommend this school to others.
Fun Work experience
Radio Show Host (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at the radio show was discussing many different controversial topics such as the second amendment and the knockout game. My co-host was a friend of mine. We worked well together and but the down side was that we agreed on just about everything so there wasn't much debating. The hardest part of the job was the research needed to keep a conversation alive and entertaining. The best part of a job was actually having a show that people listened to, however few they may have been.
Delivered business conferences, seminars, and workshops for a collaborative agreement between Sacred Heart University and the Small Business Administr
STRATEGIC MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee), San Juan, PROctober 14, 2014
 Key business partner, overseeing the business from diverse perspectives in order to craft tailored plans and initiatives, within a program allied with the Small Business Administration.
 Moderator for the Radio program: “Espacio Empresarial” covering topics of interest for small and medium businesses: Steps to Starting a Business in Puerto Rico, Writing Business Plans, Tax Responsibility for Small Businesses) and Human Resources
 Collaborated in the coordination of the event” Empresarismo con Aroma de Mujer” and key consultant in all aspects of business administration. Prepared business plans and documents, and regularly attended continuing education seminars on diverse business topics.
Coordinator of Communications and Public Relations (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Librarian
Assistant Librarian (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTApril 17, 2014
I work here as a student employee, I have been since I was a freshman. I have learned management skills along with analytical skills.
Good Flexibility and Purpose, Poor Upper Management/Advancement
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 16, 2014
A lot for a little..

A lot of work for mediocre compensation. Great flexibility in lifestyle/workplace but not terrific culture, guidance, leadership or room for growth.
slow paced but personal and persuasive job
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 14, 2014
team based atmosphere of callers all working towards same monetary goal. enjoyable employees to work with.
Head Coach and Instructor Swimming
Head Coach and Istructor (Current Employee), PRFebruary 21, 2014
Swimming champion with a record of over 20 years. Swimming instructor of children, youth and adults. Selection Head Swim Team Coach PR. He also worked for the Treasury Department of Puerto Rico.
very good learning experience
Resident Hall Director (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTDecember 13, 2013
Intense work and school life balance challenges but helped me decide what path I would eventually take professionally.
Administrative Support for Chairman of Department of Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: college funding
Cons: fair pay
Was many years ago school has totally restructured. Great work environment pay if fair unless you use the college benefit for your children.
student teacher
student teacher (Former Employee), connecticutOctober 20, 2013
assisted in the learning lab while attended classes at SHU followed the direction of the faculty managing the lab to provide support to the students
Welcoming and fun work place.
Office Administrator and Teacher (Former Employee), Connecticut USAMay 22, 2013
Pros: excellent staff members to help me when i was lost.
Cons: honestly, none!
My day would begin at 8:30am. I would arrive at the office and my boss would have a to-do pile of various things for me to do e.g projects including research for international Summer Testing and tallying up Summer Pay Rolls. I would then teach for 2 hours every day, basic reading and writing to non-native English speakers which I enjoyed immensely. Then in the afternoon I would pair up with other student and have a conversation with them to help them improve their English. It was a wonderful experience. I got along with everyone very well.
Excellent University to work in the country as a Special Event Professor
Part Time Professor Business Administration Dept (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 21, 2013
Teach Bachelor and Graduate courses of Special Events Productions gear to obtain the Puerto Rico Producer License.