Saddle Creek Corporation Employee Reviews

Saddle creek
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
I was there warehouse Lead for 2 years corp management sucks benefits suck and on site supervisor never have your back. There to many examples to list.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
CYI there always someone waitibg to trow you under the bus
Former employee
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Would rather not sayJune 5, 2016
Loved it at first but management thought that they were better than u. ... Kinda snotty at times. Had issues with attendance and no provisions made to work with me
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short lunch. Poor management. Wasnt given opportunty for advancement
Great company
Human Resource Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
I worked for this company and they were the best, they have great team moral sometimes it not just the money it's the company that make you feel welcome and this company does just that.
Worst job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2016
Worst company ever worked for management is a joke.Work you to death for little money. Couldn't keep help there everyone always quitting.
Productive place to work
Case-Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 26, 2016
very strict productive place to be . the staff was professional . it was also back breaking if you know what i mean .Saddle creek paid great on the other hand i left because of a better opportunity given to me
lowest paid driving job in 20 years
Linehaul driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 11, 2016
I drove for this company in Lakeland, FL for almost a year. This was an easy job if you want part time work. I averaged 1400 miles a week but was told I would average 2000. At .35 a mile I drove for wages that I made 20 years ago. You will give them an average of 10 hours a week for free. You sit for free for one hour for everything you do. Even working on my days off from time to time I could only average $800 a week. The equipment is average but the trailers are poorly maintained. The company's CSA score is some of the worst in the industry. If you need insurance for your family get your wallet out because it will cost you about a third of your paycheck! Management wasn't bad but you could see constant tension in the office. If you are a kiss up you could get better runs. You did not know from day to day if you were going to work 14 hours or 4 hours. Every day was different. You do not have to unload anything but the company will pay a lumper more money in one hour than they will pay you for 12 hours of work. If there is any trucking company that needs to be a union shop it's this one. After 28 years of driving a class 8 truck this was the lowest paying job I ever had.
Pros
slow easy work
Cons
lowest paying driving job around
Fun group!
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with the SC group. Several types of personalities. I was able to learn how to work with different types of software.
They do not tell you the truth when they bring you in
Temp (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 14, 2015
They approached me to come in to "learn the account they said" before I was to be put in a management position. That did not happen. People do not help each other, training is terrible. Manager claims to not have any "control" over what is happening. Office supplies run out constantly. They work people as if they are full time but never want to hire them on after working the customary 90 days. Seems like no one knows how to actually do a real inventory count. You get different amounts each time it comes back. It is always a guessing game. I would never recommend this company to anyone who is seriously looking for full time employment. When the owner passed away, it seems like it is going downhill fast. I had hopes there but I gave it a shot, I stayed in longer than I should have. They do not like you to question anything when you know it is wrong. They will throw you under the bus in a hurry to take something off of them when they mess up.
Pros
It was mon-friday.
Cons
Too many to list.
HArd place too work
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2015
When management changed the warehouse became a difficult place too work especially since the work accident that occurred when I was there and were looking for a way too get rid of me. due too it being their fault for not proper equipment.
Productive 3rd Party logistics company
Equipment Operator/ Case Pick, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
steady work flow
auditing skills and quality work ethic
good management
dealing with damaged product
Set work schedule and plenty of overtime during the busy months
Pros
hour lunch break and good management
Cons
n/a
Productive and layed back environment
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 7, 2015
they treat you like an adult. they also help you with any problem you may have. and do their best to work with your schedule.
long hours and no consistant start times every day
truck driver (Current Employee) –  harrisburg,ncDecember 24, 2014
I am currently a driver in harrisburg nc, And when I say long hours I mean long hours!! As a driver your expected to work 14 hours a day EVERYDAY!!! you will never have 2 days off in a row because you work staggered shifts.. You will never know what time to be at work everyday til about 4 hours before its time for you to start!!! REDICOULOUS!! the money is pretty good to have a local job but its still like running the road because you will have no personal life here!! Not to Mention you have a 26 year old operations manager who knows NOTHING about the transportation side of trucking..
Pros
descent money
Cons
management has no communication skills! its a circus
Horrible place to work in Richmond, VA
employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaNovember 6, 2014
Okay my experience working there the management was horrible both managers are confused about running the operations they talk to you as if you are lock up in prison & they hire a lot of young lazy people with no work ethics... Warehouse never load the product correct on trucks ,Product going out to be delivered is always late they always showing favors to certain people that always going in the office to inform about anything that goes on in the work place & the two managers thats there are not the people you ever would want to work under & they always threat people about losing there jobs...Dont waste your time going there to work you will regret it....
This place needs to stop hiring family.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 15, 2014
I what I mean by family, I mean relatives. Hire within the company, give people that have been there a few years a chance at things. Management as a whole is ok, but when you get to individual accounts and buildings, they are terrible. There is too much favoritism here. So if you don't know anyone who works in corporate, don't apply!
Pros
no pros at this place
Cons
everything!
Poor management at the elwood, il facility
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILAugust 1, 2014
Very poor management at the Elwood facility. The company itself is good to work for, but if anyone is looking, I DO NOT recommend working at the Elwood warehouse. There is too much favoritism with management, and if you are not liked, then consider yourself as a "target" to be knit picked at until you either quit or magically end up being terminated for whatever reason.
Pros
values, good company (except elwood)
Cons
favoritism, management
Learned alot
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAAugust 19, 2014
I started in the ltl division were I sorted small packages for each location. Then I moved to forklift driver. Were we unloaded from the south end of the load dock and we moved the freight to each different location. We either loaded into the truck by scanning the product and the the door location or the product and a floor location. Then I was promoted to zoner where it was my jib too take what was dropped in the floor location and mange to load onto the tuck it was intended for. By scanning from the floor location into the truck. When the truck was full either by weight or by cube I closed out the paperwork. Then I sent it to dispatch where they had the load moved and the next truck was backed up to that door and we repeated the process.
Pros
good people
Structured and productive workplace with competent management.
Clamp truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2014
A typical workday begins with a "start-up meeting" in which the supervisor informs us of the workload for the day, updates, and training. My co-workers and supervisors are very helpful in assisting in solving problems that may occur during the shift. The teamwork attitude is very commendable. I am given the opportunity to work in other areas of the operation which is helpful in breaking the monotony of my job. In short, this is a very enjoyable workplace.
High Volume Fast Pace Distributer
Forklifts and Clamps (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 9, 2012
Inside rail dock to unload product, storage, assembly and shipping.

Company Core values are not adhered to and just a posting.
Management / Leadership; Inexperienced and completed by chair or email. Suggestions or Complaints to improve efficiency or effectiveness frowned upon. EEO and Safety issues.
Pros
good benefits, mega overtime, it is a job in jacksonville!
Cons
poor management/equipment/communication, constant rework, no team work, favoritism, inadequate training
Great work enviornment
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCNovember 9, 2012
They typical workday was hard labor and a great team effort. I learned how to manage other cultures and learning new languages and lingos with different people. I also got to advance and become an Quality Control Assoiciate. The hardest part of the job was handling the different staging lanes and products. My co-workers were awesome and i learned alot from them. I enjoyed working and going to work
At times it can be a easy going day and at other times it can be fast paced and hectic but a great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCSeptember 30, 2013
great place to work. no real complaints except management can be rude when bringing issues to their attention. high volume of label requests. a job for those who don't mind doing a lot of running around and frequent calls over the radio
Pros
one hour lunches, frequent breaks
Cons
management can be rude at times

2.9