Saddle Creek Corporation

Saddle Creek Corporation Employer Reviews

long hours and no consistant start times every day
truck driver (Current Employee), harrisburg,ncDecember 24, 2014
Pros: descent money
Cons: management has no communication skills! its a circus
I am currently a driver in harrisburg nc, And when I say long hours I mean long hours!! As a driver your expected to work 14 hours a day EVERYDAY!!! you will never have 2 days off in a row because you work staggered shifts.. You will never know what time to be at work everyday til about 4 hours before its time for you to start!!! REDICOULOUS!! the money is pretty good to have a local job but its still like running the road because you will have no personal life here!! Not to Mention you have a 26 year old operations manager who knows NOTHING about the transportation side of trucking..
This place needs to stop hiring family.
Lead (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: no pros at this place
Cons: everything!
I what I mean by family, I mean relatives. Hire within the company, give people that have been there a few years a chance at things. Management as a whole is ok, but when you get to individual accounts and buildings, they are terrible. There is too much favoritism here. So if you don't know anyone who works in corporate, don't apply!
Horrible place to work in Richmond, VA
employee (Former Employee), Richmond, VaNovember 6, 2014
Okay my experience working there the management was horrible both managers are confused about running the operations they talk to you as if you are lock up in prison & they hire a lot of young lazy people with no work ethics... Warehouse never load the product correct on trucks ,Product going out to be delivered is always late they always showing favors to certain people that always going in the office to inform about anything that goes on in the work place & the two managers thats there are not the people you ever would want to work under & they always threat people about losing there jobs...Dont waste your time going there to work you will regret it....
saddle creek
packer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 15, 2014
Saddle creek is a warehouse job . This job was easy but sometime it was tough . i try all my hard to get everything done .
LEARNED ALOT
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good people
I STARTED IN THE LTL DIVISION WERE I SORTED SMALL PACKAGES FOR EACH LOCATION. THEN I MOVED TO FORKLIFT DRIVER. WERE WE UNLOADED FROM THE SOUTH END OF THE LOAD DOCK AND WE MOVED THE FREIGHT TO EACH DIFFERENT LOCATION. WE EITHER LOADED INTO THE TRUCK BY SCANNING THE PRODUCT AND THE THE DOOR LOCATION OR THE PRODUCT AND A FLOOR LOCATION. THEN I WAS PROMOTED TO ZONER WHERE IT WAS MY JIB TOO TAKE WHAT WAS DROPPED IN THE FLOOR LOCATION AND MANGE TO LOAD ONTO THE TUCK IT WAS INTENDED FOR. BY SCANNING FROM THE FLOOR LOCATION INTO THE TRUCK. WHEN THE TRUCK WAS FULL EITHER BY WEIGHT OR BY CUBE I CLOSED OUT THE PAPERWORK. THEN I SENT IT TO DISPATCH WHERE THEY HAD THE LOAD MOVED AND THE NEXT TRUCK WAS BACKED UP TO THAT DOOR AND WE REPEATED THE PROCESS.
Fast paced, good benefits and pay
Inbound Lead/ Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSAugust 7, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the associates, different personality types.
POOR MANAGEMENT AT THE ELWOOD, IL FACILITY
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Elwood, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: values, good company (except elwood)
Cons: favoritism, management
Very poor management at the Elwood facility. The company itself is good to work for, but if anyone is looking, I DO NOT recommend working at the Elwood warehouse. There is too much favoritism with management, and if you are not liked, then consider yourself as a "target" to be knit picked at until you either quit or magically end up being terminated for whatever reason.
Not worth the time.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, over time
Cons: management work load
not worth the time. Cant advance. they will train you. That is the only good thing about the place. Management does not listen to their employees.
ok company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FloridaApril 18, 2014
load and unload trucks, and fill orders. Learned the order filling process the company used. Management was horrible, co-workers were ok. dealing with the heat in the warehouse took some getting used to. Never enjoyed going there.
can't really say
Select Staffing (Former Employee), fort worth txDecember 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
the process was long and boring, only worked.....not even a day. Everyone was staring and the supervisor was mean as hell!! but it depends where you are sent either way.
3PL
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Harrisburg, NCNovember 19, 2013
Saddle Creek is guided by lean manufacturing GMP rules and 5S principles.
I loved going to work everyday and was looking to move up in the company
Team Lead (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 3, 2013
Pros: incredible company
I have nothing bad to say about this company. They empower their employees there. I started there as a forklift operator and after 2 years was promoted to a lead man.
great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, NCOctober 28, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: temporary hire
even though i was hired on as a temp, i loved working with this company and enjoyed everyone i worked with. you get an hour lunch which is great for the long hours and gives you a moment to get out of the office. Everyone is very nice and helpful and they train you to the fullest so that you can do your job efficiently and effectively
At times it can be a easy going day and at other times it can be fast paced and hectic but a great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, NCSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: one hour lunches, frequent breaks
Cons: management can be rude at times
great place to work. no real complaints except management can be rude when bringing issues to their attention. high volume of label requests. a job for those who don't mind doing a lot of running around and frequent calls over the radio
slip sheet operator
Slip sheet Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2013
great job, loved my days i worked and great management, great learning place
New leadership went south.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2013
New President took over and the atmosphere went south. A lot of really good people left as a result.
Good company
Senior Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Good benefits, good pay, good people. The owner of the company frequently went around to the various buildings and chatted with everyone from the lowest position to management. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Exhausting but good hours
Loose freight thrower (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAJanuary 21, 2013
Fast paced, constant bending and lifting. learned how to operate forklift and electric pallet jack. Management was unfair. Coworkers were fun to talk to. Hardest part was motivation. Most enjoyable break time and conversation between friends.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Ontario CAJanuary 10, 2013
We have free luch if we go a certain amount of time without and injuries. If you need work you can go to other accounts and work your whole 8 hour work day.
lots of changes for the worse
Fork lift operator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FlNovember 15, 2012
Pros: mega ot
Cons: mega ot with no notice
Top management at facility has changed and the team work atmosphere is gone. Things run from Lakeland...