Saddle Creek Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Growing company with a goal of maintaining a small, family-owned atmosphere. Fast-paced at times, but still very friendly. Dedicated to serving their customers and associates as indicated by their slogan of "Whatever It Takes".
Pros
the people
Cons
Healthcare plan is a bit expensive
Fast Paced Time Sensitive Place to Work
Transportation/Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 16, 2017
My day is filled with a combination of office duties and warehouse duties, and sometimes yard work duties. I have learned how to improve my time management and customer relations. The most difficult part of my job is the current schedule which does not allow for me to have two days off in a row, and is a second shift 5pm-2am .
Distribution Supervisor
Quality/Loading Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2017
Supervisor at the Memphis location but also worked at the Lakeland campus. Family owned company that is working hard to achieve a lean/6S operating environment,
The Most Enjoyable Job
Fulfillment Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 8, 2017
I loved working for Saddle Creek, I worked here for 3 years, I do not want to leave, but I am moving. It was the best company I ever worked for. It was all about work, life, balance.
Pros
Work/Life/Balance
Cons
N/a
No es pesado el trabajo
Packer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2017
Muy bien el trabajo es un poco aburrido porque nomas estás revisando las bolsas del producto pero todo lo demás está muy bien
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2017
I've worked at Saddle Creek for many years and it has always been a great place with opportunity to be promoted. If you put in the effort, ask good questions, and show that you care about your job, they will help you reach your goals. I see too many people who just want to get a paycheck and wonder why they don't get anywhere in life. Then they blame everyone but themselves.
I've worked at other places and Saddle Creek is the best by far.
Pros
Opportunity, helpful supervisors, good co-workers
Cons
OT somtimes needed and they might not give much notice. But that is part of the business
Hostile enviornment and too many chiefs
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2017
Hostile environment and people. Very bad work ethics. On multiple occasions I have witnessed leads and management treat legal immigrants poorly. Yelling and shoving them as if they had no rights. The assembly line leads had no control of the employees that were bullying. Just stay away from this company. Like they say, if your a whiner, stay away. That means if you can't take them treating you poorly then they don't want you. If you have integrity and speak up for yourself, this isn't the job for us who have work ethics and integrity. Real talk.
Pros
Cons
Bad hostile environment
Good company to work for
Corporate Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work. Family run business and it shows. It was my first time working within the transportation and Warehousing industry but I was still able to hire for IT Specialist and Sales Executive type roles
Long Hours/Good Benefits/Solid Pay
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 20, 2017
I personally had no issues with my upper management at Saddle Creek. I didn't always see eye to eye with them but it was never hostile.

Pay is good. Benefits are great.
Saddle Creek
LEAN Leader/Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield Village, OHAugust 8, 2016
I was hired in following a 3PL contract change. The position was full of responsibility and diversity. Similar to the position with the previous company. Not a lot changed.
Ok if you don't plan on staying long
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2016
Worked here for about two years the current management staff doesn't know there job nor their employees job. If you are looking to change career fields or have entry level experience this is a great start.
Pros
Overtime, 3day work week
Cons
Lack of employee appreciation, less than 36 hours a week if no overtime, hard to advance do to lack of opportunity
Mostly did voluntary whenever it was necessary
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2015
The sales experience was excellent, and mainly you could make any customer satisfied, depending on what they're interested in when it came to the service.
Pros
Bonding with customers
Cons
N/a
Family need only apply
Outbound Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 13, 2015
Saddle Creek is one of those companies to where if you don't know anyone who works there or is a family member, you aren't getting any promotions. They work you too hard for not enough pay. The management there are too concerned with production rather than their employees.
Pros
Christmas party, but that's also rigged.
Cons
Too many to list...just don't work there.
Fast pace business that consistenly surrounded by daily challenges
Transportation/Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
Typical work day is about 12 hours. The Job does prepare more for multiple parts of the transportation business. Teaches you to perform tasks and objectives that allows you to evolve in your communication skills. However the job can be very time consuming which frequently creates an unbalance in your work and personal life. I like the fact that the business constantly evolves which creates a challenging environment. There is also an open door policy that allows individuals to express ideas and concerns of any issues that may arise in the workplace.
Pros
Good TEAM environment inside the work place
Cons
Work and Personal Life can sometimes be unbalanced
Great place to work just personally not enough hours
Distribution Clerk / Quality Lab Tester (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work, management really cares about their employees, there is not much room for advancement, personally just not getting enough hours
Pros
management really care about their employees
Cons
not much room for advancement
worst driving job I ever had in the 13 yrs
driver (Former Employee) –  lakeland fl bbuFebruary 11, 2015
The pay is horrible, benefits really sucks they don't care about you or your family it's all about them or as
They would say what ever it takes. WHAT EVER worst year I ever had.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Family Owned Company with a "Whatever it Takes" approach to Business
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 14, 2014
As a family owned company, the culture is very warm and welcoming which was great as a new employee.

The "Whatever it Takes" mindset causes employees to stretch the capabilities of current systems and has become a nightmare from a managerial perspective.

Most of the issues are good issues to have (i.e. explosive growth, too much business to pay attention to, wide array of customers and industries, etc...) and management seems to have an eye for identifying those that are vital to the company's future.
Pros
People, Management, Customers
Cons
Localized knowledge, Lack of standardization
Ok
Warehouse office (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth txNovember 27, 2013
Good company overall, hard to move up in the company special with the Lope
Pros
Days off
Cons
Advancement
fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2013
work
how to use RF scanner
good
some of the most helpful
break time
Great 3PL
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2013
Management shows genuine interest in development of associates.