Saddleback College Employee Reviews

Fun part time job through college.
Channel 39/KSBR Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 16, 2017
Competitive work, must be quick to pick up a project or someone else will. No advancement, more of a paid internship. Must have a flexible schedule because projects come quickly with little notice and schedule is never consistent. Must be able to film and edit own programs.
Enjoyed working there
Student Equity Program (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 11, 2017
Did not like evening schedule. Was able to work with wonderful people. Loved working with great staff in different settings. However, I found no room for advancement.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
no room for advancement
Fantastic Environment
Tutor/mentor (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 3, 2017
The tutoring center is one of the most welcoming, encouraging atmospheres I have ever worked in. The staff was always respectful and cheerful. There were many continuing education opportunities
Pros
Friendly, approachable management
Cons
Low Pay
Great Place to work
Outreach Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 25, 2017
I have worked at the college for over 3 years now and it is an amazing place to work! I have learned so much through the college and have had great learning experiences
Saddleback is a great place of employment
Basketball Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 7, 2017
Although my position did not require me to be on campus that often, every time I interacted with staff they were very polite and helpful. The athletics department is amazing. The Athletic Director and staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Good for full time teachers
English Teacher part time (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It's a good place to work, but part-time jobs are not secure. Faculty is friendly, and the campus is nice. The HR department is horrible. They don't seem to like employees.
productive and great workplace
LEAD USHER/ HELPER (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be organizing the area and collecting tickets, helping find their seats. I learned about more patience with the elderly. the workplace is great you will notice how nice the people are. the hardest is doing it all on your own but if your great at multitasking then you should be fine. i enjoyed the company and able to watch the show at the same time.
Pros
great people
Cons
not knowing if you will be back next semester
Good Office Experience
Customer service and marketing (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 28, 2016
This job provides a good variety of office work, such as filing, organizing, clerical experience, phone etiquette, and basic computer skills. I enjoyed working alongside the faculty, while I was also a student.
Pros
Office Experience, Gained knowledge of the college system
Cons
Could get a little tedious
Relaxed environment, easy job duties, very nice to work with everyone.
(Non-Paid) Radio Show Co-Host (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work would include answering phone calls, helping students or faculty with questions, helping them check out materials such as DVDs or books for their lab portion of their language class. I learned how to multi-task and to work with people and get around language barriers all while in a relaxed atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work with.
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 10, 2016
My typical day at work is I would get there and start working on what I have assigned, talk about it with the manager and the other graphic designer and enjoy doing it. There was really no hardest part. It was all team work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great benefits and pay
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work if you are comfortable in a classified unionized public sector environment with mounds of politics and red tape.
Benefits
Cons
Classified enviornment
Very friendly environment.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 13, 2015
Relationship between tutors and professors is great. They are always open for suggestions . Problems are solved very quickly .
There are a lot of educational workshops that help tutors become better.
When certain tutor can't remember how to solve particular problem , others are there to help .
Pros
wonderful lounge for tutors
Great people to work with and learn from
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 13, 2015
It was a fast pace and timed position to work in at night, had to complete all job duties before completing your time.But, great environment to learn in and great co-workers to work with,had a great experience meeting great colleagues and staff.
Cons
Wolfs and snakes near campus
Student
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 26, 2014
Current Student. Teachers are great and really want you to learn. Registering is a big con, often can't get classes you want.
Great environmnet to work in; outside in beautiful south Orange County.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2014
Saddleback College holds a special place in my heart. I had the privilege of going to school there, as well as working there. In 2011 I started working on the grounds crew in the facilities and maintenance department. I started as a complete rookie and over the course of three years became one of the best guys on the crew. My co-workers were all twenty years older than and most of them had been working for the college for 25-30 years. Since most of them worked together for so many years a lot of the guys did not get along. The most challenging part for me was to make sure getting along with all the crew members was my priority. I am proud to say I did just that; on most occasions the guys come to me for assistance, when just a few years ago they looked at me as a newbie. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the reward I received in the form of praise for the work I did in my assigned area. Hearing the faculty members say things like "this is the nicest this has ever looked" really keeps me going. Also, having a manager to look at as a mentor. This played a big role in my accomplishments at Saddleback; he always supported me in my work, as well as continuing my college education.
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 8, 2013
Get lots of experience working with people from different culture and age level.
Generally a cool place to work
Grants Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CA July 23, 2013
Very narrow opportunity to advance or learn other areas of college operations
Benefits
Cons
Dogma of academicians
Productive and short travel distance, confort like in home
Freelance Film production and digital editing. (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 18, 2013
Great experience with Film teachers and students. Learned a lot about cinema and film industry. Performed 1st and 2nd AD, Directing, Editing, Script writing, Grip and Lighting Technician tasks. Relations were respectful and professional. It was a learning process and didn't make lot of financial earnings.

Having fun while learning and working with students was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Working with fun peoplein a relax atmosphere.
Cons
Short breaks.
fun and entertaining
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 25, 2013
I worked with kids and i learned that life isn't always easy my coworkers were awesome and I loved it
A motivating place to work, and great people.
EOPS Coordinator/CalWORKs Director/ Faculy (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 1, 2013
Busy with meetings, policies, advocacy, planning and coordinating services for students. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with bureaucracy. The students and the work that we do for them is motivating and fulfilling, specially when students reach their education and personal goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
an institurional structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saddleback College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4