Saddleback College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work with.
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 10, 2016
My typical day at work is I would get there and start working on what I have assigned, talk about it with the manager and the other graphic designer and enjoy doing it. There was really no hardest part. It was all team work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great benefits and pay
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work if you are comfortable in a classified unionized public sector environment with mounds of politics and red tape.
Benefits
Cons
Classified enviornment
Very friendly environment.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 13, 2015
Relationship between tutors and professors is great. They are always open for suggestions . Problems are solved very quickly .
There are a lot of educational workshops that help tutors become better.
When certain tutor can't remember how to solve particular problem , others are there to help .
Pros
wonderful lounge for tutors
Great people to work with and learn from
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 13, 2015
It was a fast pace and timed position to work in at night, had to complete all job duties before completing your time.But, great environment to learn in and great co-workers to work with,had a great experience meeting great colleagues and staff.
Cons
Wolfs and snakes near campus
Student
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 26, 2014
Current Student. Teachers are great and really want you to learn. Registering is a big con, often can't get classes you want.
Great environmnet to work in; outside in beautiful south Orange County.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2014
Saddleback College holds a special place in my heart. I had the privilege of going to school there, as well as working there. In 2011 I started working on the grounds crew in the facilities and maintenance department. I started as a complete rookie and over the course of three years became one of the best guys on the crew. My co-workers were all twenty years older than and most of them had been working for the college for 25-30 years. Since most of them worked together for so many years a lot of the guys did not get along. The most challenging part for me was to make sure getting along with all the crew members was my priority. I am proud to say I did just that; on most occasions the guys come to me for assistance, when just a few years ago they looked at me as a newbie. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the reward I received in the form of praise for the work I did in my assigned area. Hearing the faculty members say things like "this is the nicest this has ever looked" really keeps me going. Also, having a manager to look at as a mentor. This played a big role in my accomplishments at Saddleback; he always supported me in my work, as well as continuing my college education.
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 8, 2013
Get lots of experience working with people from different culture and age level.
Generally a cool place to work
Grants Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 23, 2013
Very narrow opportunity to advance or learn other areas of college operations
benefits
Cons
dogma of academicians
Productive and short travel distance, confort like in home
Freelance Film production and digital editing. (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 18, 2013
Great experience with Film teachers and students. Learned a lot about cinema and film industry. Performed 1st and 2nd AD, Directing, Editing, Script writing, Grip and Lighting Technician tasks. Relations were respectful and professional. It was a learning process and didn't make lot of financial earnings.

Having fun while learning and working with students was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
working with fun peoplein a relax atmosphere.
Cons
short breaks.
fun and entertaining
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 25, 2013
I worked with kids and i learned that life isn't always easy my coworkers were awesome and I loved it

Want to know more about Saddleback College?

Ask a question
A motivating place to work, and great people.
EOPS Coordinator/CalWORKs Director/ Faculy (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 1, 2013
Busy with meetings, policies, advocacy, planning and coordinating services for students. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with bureaucracy. The students and the work that we do for them is motivating and fulfilling, specially when students reach their education and personal goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
an institurional structure
Productive and fun work environment
Project Specialist - Marketing & Outreach (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2012
The college is not as student-friendly as it should be because staff is under the impression that the place is theirs and not the students. The However, the Office of Student Development really was the one office that demonstrated great strength and leadership in the absence of the Director. Programmed and facilitated over 100+ programs this year and worked closely with students. My supervisor was incredible taking on a lot of work to ensure office efficiency. My job was something new for me and taught me so much this year.
Pros
free food & swag at campus events, work with great people
Cons
not student-friendly campus other than the office