Saddleback College

Saddleback College Employer Reviews

Great environmnet to work in; outside in beautiful south Orange County.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2014
Saddleback College holds a special place in my heart. I had the privilege of going to school there, as well as working there. In 2011 I started working on the grounds crew in the facilities and maintenance department. I started as a complete rookie and over the course of three years became one of the best guys on the crew. My co-workers were all twenty – more... years older than and most of them had been working for the college for 25-30 years. Since most of them worked together for so many years a lot of the guys did not get along. The most challenging part for me was to make sure getting along with all the crew members was my priority. I am proud to say I did just that; on most occasions the guys come to me for assistance, when just a few years ago they looked at me as a newbie. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the reward I received in the form of praise for the work I did in my assigned area. Hearing the faculty members say things like "this is the nicest this has ever looked" really keeps me going. Also, having a manager to look at as a mentor. This played a big role in my accomplishments at Saddleback; he always supported me in my work, as well as continuing my college education. – less
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CASeptember 8, 2013
Get lots of experience working with people from different culture and age level.
Generally a cool place to work
Grants Analyst (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: dogma of academicians
Very narrow opportunity to advance or learn other areas of college operations
Productive and short travel distance, confort like in home
Freelance Film production and digital editing. (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: working with fun peoplein a relax atmosphere.
Cons: short breaks.
Great experience with Film teachers and students. Learned a lot about cinema and film industry. Performed 1st and 2nd AD, Directing, Editing, Script writing, Grip and Lighting Technician tasks. Relations were respectful and professional. It was a learning process and didn't make lot of financial earnings.

Having fun while learning and working with – more... students was the most enjoyable part. – less
fun and entertaining
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 25, 2013
I worked with kids and i learned that life isn't always easy my coworkers were awesome and I loved it
A motivating place to work, and great people.
EOPS Coordinator/CalWORKs Director/ Faculy (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: an institurional structure
Busy with meetings, policies, advocacy, planning and coordinating services for students. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with bureaucracy. The students and the work that we do for them is motivating and fulfilling, specially when students reach their education and personal goals.
Productive and fun work environment
Project Specialist - Marketing & Outreach (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMay 15, 2012
Pros: free food & swag at campus events, work with great people
Cons: not student-friendly campus other than the office
The college is not as student-friendly as it should be because staff is under the impression that the place is theirs and not the students. The However, the Office of Student Development really was the one office that demonstrated great strength and leadership in the absence of the Director. Programmed and facilitated over 100+ programs this year and – more... worked closely with students. My supervisor was incredible taking on a lot of work to ensure office efficiency. My job was something new for me and taught me so much this year. – less
Community College.
Education Abroad (Former Employee), Santander, CBMay 2, 2012
Outstanding community college. provides opportunities to obtain an associate degree in general education and foreign languages among other AA degrees. Study abroad opportunities to Europe.