Saddlebrook Resort Employee Reviews

Server/Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FloeidaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Long hours, sometimes no breaks, hourly workers need more respect
It was a great place to work, many good people, which is why I stayed so long. I really enjoyed interacting with the customer. The hardest part was when they decided the days would be longer. 101/2 hours plus, sometimes with no breaks. This is one of the main reasons I left. Most of management was good, a few thought they were so much better than everyone, and made work difficult sometimes.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Fast paced environment
Cons: Work is extremely slow during the summer months
Fun, and fast paced environment during the peak season which runs from September through May. Loved meeting new clients from all over the United States.
Great environment
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2015
I have learned a vast amount of information from my time as an Intern. I appreciate the opportunity and relish in my time with the resort.
Good work to place during season
F&B Supervisor - Banquette (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: able to play Golf for free
Cons: no breaks, dificulty with parking
Usually come in 1/2 hour before my schedule time get my banquette event orders, check if banquette rooms are ready, make necessary arrangement to the room, go to the kitchen check on the menus for the event, discuss any changes with the chef, check employees schedules, write a game plan for the day and assigns tasks for the staff. Towards the end of the day do all the billing for the functions and check on futures BEO.

Learn on how to organize different functions at one time(multi- task)

I hardly see upper management.

Co-workers are very responsible, hard workers, lock a little of supervision experience but they give 100% every day they come to work.

Setting up functions in the golf course or been under the sun for a long period of time with a suit on.

I enjoy the most the interaction with the customers and knowing they are satisfy with my service.
Great first time job
Guest Activities Employee (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: provides a good start for gaining customer service skills; cpr and lg cert.
Cons: no breaks, inability to advance, poor communication skills in department
Working in the Guest Activities Department at Saddlebrook Resort is a great first time job. I would recommend it only to high school students who are seeking part-time employment.
Benefits are offered, but only to full time employees.
You will learn basic skills in customer service as well as have the opportunity to meet many people from around the globe.
As a former employee, my hours were cut on a daily basis and opportunities to advance were unavailable.
Work environment in Food and Beverage
Banquet Capt (Former Employee), Zephyerhills, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: when it is slow it is easy to take time off.
Cons: low pay for hostile work environment.
The executives of the Food & Beverage dept have created a hostile work environment were it is acceptable to publicly yell at and demean their subordinates. When I went to my first line supervisor for guidance on the issue they requested that I not inform them of the issue so they can "stay out of it" and stated that the executive is their boss too. When it is busy the work day is 18+ hours and when it is slow the work week can be 3- days scheduled. I have had to work 104 hrs over a 2 week period; the bulk of the hrs being mainly in the 2nd pay week. When I interviewed I was lied to about the salary opportunities, advancement opportunities and scheduling norm. All in all I do not recommend this as a place of employment.
Great Golf and Tennis Resort
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 4, 2013
I started at Saddlebrook as a room agent 6 months after working there they promoted me to supervisor of Front Desk of 500 plus room 4 Star Resort. It was a real challenge ,but I really liked working in a large open environment like that. I also had responsibility of housekeeping and all other aspects of front desk supervisor.
Enjoyment
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2013
If your looking for a place to enjoy while you work I recommend Saddlebrook.
PRODUCTIVE
BANQUET RUNNER (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 28, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: pay not good very little
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS MAKING SURE THE DINNER IS READY FOR MY BANQUET EVENT....WHAT I LEARNED IS THAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU SERVE GOOD AND HOT FOOD TO THE GUEST....MANAGEMENT WAS GOOD TREAT YOU VERY WELL...CO-WORKER AWESOME THEY ALWAYS HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING....
You must be on your toes.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 10, 2012
Cons: no break, laying people off.
Saddlebrook isnt a realy bad place. But there are alot of things going on right now. The are cutting back hours and laying off people. Which is hardfor a young mother on her own paying bills and being a single mother to a 4 year old. I need a more stable job/ career. I'm willing to learn anything new, I am a fast learner so it won't take me long at al to catch on to what I need to learn.