Saddlebrook Resort Employee Reviews

The people I work with are good but. It’s to slow and I feel we are underpaid but it’s hard to balance my life and work there at the same time
Room Service Server (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 2, 2017
Saddlebrook is ok but not good enough to survive and to get my own place. The work is slow it gets busy every few months. I love my coworkers and the bosses are fair
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Slow business
One day will be a great place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 5, 2017
Needs new management and updates. The day to days would be smoother if the upper management focused on building maintenance and overall worker happiness. The experience as a server has been worth it.
Pros
They feed you
Cons
Smells weird
Saddlebroook
Patrol officer (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 28, 2017
It is an outdated place. There have not been raises for 9 years. there is no room to advance and grow with the resort. Some of the management is great to work with but there are managers who are rude
Not the best place to work.
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 12, 2017
There is no set training in the banquet department. The upper management has no set way of doing things so your job description is very vague. Each manager has their own opinions of how things should be done so it is very inconsistent.
Pros
The staff.
Cons
The management and lack of standard operating procedures.
Productive work place that provides many opportunities promotions, different job experiences, and great benefits.
Courtyard Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 22, 2017
SaddleBrook is a very busy Resort. Being so, everything is fast pace and requires you to to be on your game consistently. The department where I worked, Housekeeping, there were hundreds of people checking in everyday. My job, along with the housekeepers, we were responsible for having the hotel rooms prepared and clean for the next guest when arrived.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
good work place
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 26, 2017
great employs to work with very talented people budget is week for work required management is antiquated work hours are not easy to deal with some of the times they can not work with your schedule
Pros
brakes
Cons
unsecure work hours or days
wonderful environment
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 28, 2017
they dont work with your hours, arent very helpful when days off are needed but they show employee appreciation by setting goals and rewarding you for meeting them. having annual holiday parties as well.
Physical, fast paced work place
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 15, 2017
I work through a temporary agency and was hoping to get hired on but I don't think that is possible. I've seen them hire from outside. Saddlebrook is a very beautiful resort with very high demands. As a housekeeper you will have to be very strong, very fast and be willing to suck it up and drive on. You will have to work very long hours some days and help others and on slow days they will either find work for you or send you home. If your a slacker and not willing to work hard constantly for the full time on the clock the don't bother working there. They have high standards when it comes to integrity, and work ethics. Don't waste company time because it will be noted as I watched many employees go. Employees and managers are very friendly. My contract ends in June but I hope to be back next year.
Pros
Meeting new people, work experience
Cons
Productive and Fun workplace to work for
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 9, 2017
I love working for Saddlebrook Resort! My boss is awesome and the pay isn't bad either.. Only downside is sometimes the hours. Other than that, I have no complaints and would recommend anyone apply here!
Great company
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 5, 2017
Saddlebrook is a fantastic company to work for. This is a 4 star golf and country club who specializes in training high-end athletes while offering great amenities to guests.
Rely on teamwork
Various Jobs (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Team work orientated; each employee is expected to perform there part. Fair morale. Benefits paid by employee at discount rate. An ok job but difficult to make career based on pay scale and benefits.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Lack of communication between departments
Productive and Fast Pace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 9, 2016
A typical day was going to break room waiting for the managers then listening to them talk for like 30 minutes and then we would get our paperwork and go to whatever courtyard you was assigned to them you would pack your buggie and caddie and then go start cleaning the units.
My coworkers was awesome I enjoyed all of them.
There was no hard part except for remembering everything that had to go in the rooms if you were getting it ready for the next guest.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you made friends sometimes.
Saddlebrook is an amazing place.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Wesley ChapelJune 29, 2015
Amazing place to work! I only started working here this year and I feel like it's my second home. I spend so much time here and I actually love my job as a banquet server.
Pros
Great tips in banquets
Server/Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloeidaMay 20, 2015
It was a great place to work, many good people, which is why I stayed so long. I really enjoyed interacting with the customer. The hardest part was when they decided the days would be longer. 101/2 hours plus, sometimes with no breaks. This is one of the main reasons I left. Most of management was good, a few thought they were so much better than everyone, and made work difficult sometimes.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, sometimes no breaks, hourly workers need more respect
Productive and rewarding workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 12, 2015
Fun, and fast paced environment during the peak season which runs from September through May. Loved meeting new clients from all over the United States.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Work is extremely slow during the summer months
Great environment
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2015
I have learned a vast amount of information from my time as an Intern. I appreciate the opportunity and relish in my time with the resort.
Good work to place during season
F&B Supervisor - Banquette (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 1, 2015
Usually come in 1/2 hour before my schedule time get my banquette event orders, check if banquette rooms are ready, make necessary arrangement to the room, go to the kitchen check on the menus for the event, discuss any changes with the chef, check employees schedules, write a game plan for the day and assigns tasks for the staff. Towards the end of the day do all the billing for the functions and check on futures BEO.

Learn on how to organize different functions at one time(multi- task)

I hardly see upper management.

Co-workers are very responsible, hard workers, lock a little of supervision experience but they give 100% every day they come to work.

Setting up functions in the golf course or been under the sun for a long period of time with a suit on.

I enjoy the most the interaction with the customers and knowing they are satisfy with my service.
Pros
able to play Golf for free
Cons
no breaks, dificulty with parking
Great first time job
Guest Activities Employee (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Working in the Guest Activities Department at Saddlebrook Resort is a great first time job. I would recommend it only to high school students who are seeking part-time employment.
Benefits are offered, but only to full time employees.
You will learn basic skills in customer service as well as have the opportunity to meet many people from around the globe.
As a former employee, my hours were cut on a daily basis and opportunities to advance were unavailable.
Pros
Provides a good start for gaining customer service skills; CPR and LG cert.
Cons
No breaks, inability to advance, poor communication skills in department
Work environment in Food and Beverage
Banquet Capt (Former Employee) –  Zephyerhills, FLFebruary 3, 2014
The executives of the Food & Beverage dept have created a hostile work environment were it is acceptable to publicly yell at and demean their subordinates. When I went to my first line supervisor for guidance on the issue they requested that I not inform them of the issue so they can "stay out of it" and stated that the executive is their boss too. When it is busy the work day is 18+ hours and when it is slow the work week can be 3- days scheduled. I have had to work 104 hrs over a 2 week period; the bulk of the hrs being mainly in the 2nd pay week. When I interviewed I was lied to about the salary opportunities, advancement opportunities and scheduling norm. All in all I do not recommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
When it is slow it is easy to take time off.
Cons
Low pay for hostile work environment.
Great Golf and Tennis Resort
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 4, 2013
I started at Saddlebrook as a room agent 6 months after working there they promoted me to supervisor of Front Desk of 500 plus room 4 Star Resort. It was a real challenge ,but I really liked working in a large open environment like that. I also had responsibility of housekeeping and all other aspects of front desk supervisor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saddlebrook Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Saddlebrook Resort Reviews by Location