SAE International Employee Reviews

Great Culture for Car People
Powertrain System Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2017
The company has a great culture for people who likes cars, and it has been interesting to talk with those who share the same hobbies as me. Since the job is working towards car, it is full of fun.
Collegiate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJuly 27, 2017
Working at SAE International has allowed me the opportunity to experience both domestic and international travel as part of my responsibilities for my job. I have worked with many departments within the company, in addition to working many volunteers outside the company. I have made great connections to so many individuals within the automotive, aerospace and off-highway industries.

I have been part of great programs providing college engineering students a fantastic opportunity of getting hands on experience before entering the workforce. I have been included and responsible for making changes to improve the student and volunteer experience.

Working in my department is pretty exciting to be part of because in a small way you know you are making a difference in someone else's life.
good experience
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 17, 2017
• Over seven years of IT experience on Java and ITIL related technologies, including 4 years of experience in ServiceNow Development and Administration.
• Experience in all phases of Service-Now Development including Requirement analysis, Coding, Testing and Implementation of Service-Now Solution for client.
• Hands-on experience in technical implementation of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Service Catalog.
Horrible Experience - Don't Work There
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 7, 2016
Long drive close to an hour..So much wear and tear on my car. Best thing is I don't have to deal with the drive anymore.

Building dates back to the 1970. High walls, no light and makes you feel like you sit in a prison. Bugs were always crawling or dead on the floor. They keep adding software because theirs are so old school.

Underutilized and have to find work to do. On-boarding is non-existence. Even though someone is suppose to be with you for a week. Some helpful but you are left to figure things out yourself. My manager was so two-face, smile in your face and then stab you in the back.

You are given no clear direction of what you are to do. I blame management for that...basically, I would not recommend working there unless you like working in a non-innovative environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too far from anything, no on-boarding, software they don't know how to use, management is useless
AWS Solution architect (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 26, 2016
Great environment, Ego-less and talented colleagues who helped me achieve my maximum potential at work . The location of the office is in a peaceful residential area and has a lot of good place around for lunch.
Pros
Peaceful environment
Cons
ill staffed
The kind of place that makes you happy
Director (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 2, 2016
I'm a recent arrival to SAE International, and I've been around the block a few times. Let me tell you that I've never been in a company that is so delightful on an every day basis. There is virtually no politics, no road-blocking, everyone is helpful and collaborative. People here are genuinely happy, and smart. There are some brilliant people here, many of whom have been here for a decade or more. Management is heading in EXACTLY the right direction: promoting innovation, communication, taking risks without penalizing for failure. It seems that everyone is on board and is enjoying it. I love it here.
Pros
Culture, People, Reputation, Benefits, Opportunity, Management. Location is close to downtown Pittsburgh or the countryside.
Cons
Non-profit so no stock available, but there are better retirement benefits (12% !)
Great Benefits
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 14, 2015
There are a lot of talented people at SAE. The benefits are great and the flexibility in schedules and telecommuting is nice for people whose personal lives are their first priority.
Great people, too reliant on one industry
Manager, Marketing & Promotion (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 8, 2012
Efficient operation with talented staff. Work in standards helps protect consumers and advance technology. As a not-for-profit, the company doesn't have an effective way to prepare for economic downturn. Also, very reliant on the automotive industry for leadership.
SAE workplace
Promotions and Exhibits Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PASeptember 21, 2012
SAE was my first job in the business field. I was a promotions and exhibit coordinator.
21 years at an ungrateful blood sucking organization
Standards Program Committee Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WarrendaleJuly 20, 2012
I spent 21 years working for SAE International. Gave my lifes blood, traveled all over and only got paid for the time I spent in meetings and was treated like a pariah when they downsized and laid over 80 personnel off in 2002. They refused to provide recommendations so that people could get new jobs. The use people up and the only people who benefit are the management staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
they don't appreciate the good people they had.
Innovative - great opportunities
MEETING PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 29, 2012
excellent -team player culture - room for advancement - watch p's & q's...- office environment - long term management - a standards organization - international world player
Pros
location, sites of travel & overseas