SAE Employee Reviews

Good People
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 30, 2014
Typical Day, starts at 7:30 and ends at 5:30. Owners are the only level of management, and they are always looking for more good employees. Since there is only owners and employees there is no room for advancement until the company grows to the point it has a need for mid level people but that will probably never happen. There is always something new to do and learn, but you are almost always under pressure to get jobs done unreasonably fast as there is more work than people.
Pros
Scheduled every other friday off, No premiums on Health Insurance, good coworkers
Cons
end up working about half the scheduled fridays off, only 1 week Paid Time off first year, most employees end up taking unpaid time off for sickness and vaction, Health Insurance while having no premiums doesnt cover what I need it to, and has high out of pocket expenses.
Sae
Mural Painter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJune 24, 2014
SAE was a great summer job. It was very fun and everyone was very nice. What it was, was pretty much make Akron beautiful program. There were multiple teams and we were all assigned different projects. My teams project was to create murals to go into an abandoned buildings windows. Everyone in the team was assigned to a different window. It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience.
Summers Art Experience
Mural Painter (Former Employee) –  Lock 3 AKron ohioDecember 18, 2013
The whole point of SAE is to make Akron beautiful. This by far is probably the most fun job I have ever worked at. There were a bunch of us who were assigned to different teams. My team was supposed to paint murals to fill the broken windows of the abandoned buildings at Lock 4. The best part about this job was definitely all of the friends I made and mostly making Akron more enjoyable.
SAE project
Volenteer (Current Employee) –  Ordway ColoradoMay 15, 2013
this is not a company, but its through the FFA and a great expirence
N/a
Powertrain Team Leader - Univ. of MD Formula (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDApril 16, 2013
• Designed intake system, fuel system
• Created 3-D models of powertrain components in SolidWorks
• Created engine simulation models using Ricardo WAVE
• Tested and troubleshot engine
• Machined parts from drawings for student-built race car
• Converted single cylinder carbureted engine to Electronic Fuel Injection
Very slow pace job, very hard on us hard working employees
SAE, Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PANovember 16, 2012
Maintain records of all outgoing and incoming shipments from and to the warehouse.
• . Prepare shipping documents along with the correct mailing labels and ensure all
orders and withdrawl request from the warehouse are correctly filled.
Pros
hr lunch breaks
Cons
management knows nothing about the job!

Want to know more about SAE?

Ask a question