SAF Employee Reviews

Laborer, Fork truck driver, welder (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2015
SAF was a great positive work environment, there were many skill traits learned throughout the company such as Hilo driving, sweeper truck, welding, painting and crane lifts.
Management was great and always very helpful when needed. Co-workers were also great, everyone felt like family as time went on.
The most difficult part of the job was that I was OCD at times, finding myself cleaning miscellaneously. Very detail-oriented and paid close attention to small aspects of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn different traits almost everyday, interacting with co-workers and furthering my knowledge as a laborer.
Good place to learn and grow in your career.
Business Unit Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  MUSKEGON, MIJuly 7, 2015
Good company with work life balance. A good place to learn and grow in your career.

Management is good, but needs new blood.

Great family like atmosphere.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of upward mobility.
Provide essential assistance to victims in need.
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 26, 2015
SAF employees put forth the highest efforts to empower victims and guide them towards living safe lives. Employees work jointly with police departments, the District Attorney, courts and many other outside agencies in order to advocate for victims and held them reach their goals.
You will not be able to pay your basic bills
Temp to hire warehouse picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioOctober 27, 2014
The turnover rate is horrendous. We always said as soon as you walk through the door on your first day they start looking for any reason to walk you right back out. You forgot to clock in? See ya. If someone else messes up, it is your responsibility. You will be punished not them. Management is resistant to making improvements that would increase the speed, ease and productivity of the job. The people on the warehouse floor are generally nice people and easy to get along with.
Pros
it was close to my home.
Cons
99% of the job
Very fun job
Powder coater (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 14, 2014
I really enjoed working for this company. I made a lot of friends and experience. Very fun environment.
Selling Safety Shoes to employees of manufacturing plants
Mobile Shoe Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro,NCMarch 9, 2014
I sell safety shoes as in steel toed shoes to employees of manufacturing plants and businesses that do require them. I operate and manage a rolling shoe store where they walk in and pick out what they want and get fitted and take possession of the product right there. I keep track of all inventory and stock that is loaded and purchased as well as handle money. Customer service is my forte, I give service with a smile and try to make the customer enjoy the shoe mobile experiences.
Pros
paid meals, paid lodging on overnight stays.
fast paced
Second line cook / Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 8, 2013
I would open up the kitchen,preped all my matierals for that mornings breakfast /lunch
/dinner meals ....held a safety meeting each morning , guided those on daily duties .my manager /supervisor were pleasant to work for ,but there was no more room for advancement once I became a kitchen supervisor, becoming a cook there was a great experience but there was never any real job security
Pros
got to work with some great people
Cons
our kitchen was so out dated that we would mcguyver our stoves & ovens just to work at times
Fun work environment with children
Office Assistant, Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJuly 2, 2013
Working in the office at Saf-T-Swim I got selling, cash register, and excel spreadsheet experience. My job in the office was to sell the company; I had to get our current customers to resign with us and recruit new customers at the same time. I also have experience in answering phones. Working at Saf-T-Swim, I learned how to sell and market a company as well as skills I would need to work in retail, such as working directly with customers, working with a register, and answering the phones.
Fun but stressful
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2013
This work environment could be stressful at times but I learned a lot.
Great place to work!
Designer/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 9, 2013
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about SAF. They are a great company with great employees and great work ethics. Sad that they are moving our Sanford, NC office (where I am located) to Atlanta, GA. I would have worked for this company until I could no longer work.
Good Job not Career.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 3, 2013
Set up CNC Mill and Lathe, run parts according to work order. It was a good job but I felt that it was not a career. Union shop mentality was not for me and the job security put unnecessary stress on me. Very little teamwork between the union and management and I felt that was counter productive for the common goal.
Not a very stable company to work for, but I did learn more about blueprint reading in the short time I was there.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXOctober 30, 2012
On a regular day includes but not limited too, waiting in excess of 1 and a half hour sometimes up to 3 for material, I learned how to do read blueprints better, the management wasn't very attentive, co-workers didn't seem too excited to be at work. Hardest part of the job was waiting on material, constant clean up of area due to lack of housekeeping from 1st shift. Most enjoyable part of the job was the actual welding
Pros
very close to my home
Cons
not very stable company
Fun place to work
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Dumas, ARJuly 7, 2012
Very productive and skillful job,also competitive. A very safety oriented, all about safety and wearing the proper PPE.